Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

Isis soldier is probably the profession with most crazy people in it tho
Really more a lifestyle choice than a profession, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kitchner posted:

Guys who clean sewers, especially breaking down those fatbergs. That job is loving disgusting and anyone able to do it for more than a week is objectively mental.

middle_class_white_people.txt

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

yeah my boss will look me straight in the eye and say he's "causing disrupt in the ecosystem" without even blinking

0dB
Jan 3, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

college professors

Nah, they're just people that never left high school. Kind of sad really.

Henker
May 5, 2009

Every yoga instructor I've ever met has been a high-strung narcissistic rear end in a top hat. You'd think they'd be all namaste or whatever, but nope.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Anyone who works with computers for a living is crazy. It's just that there are so many people out there with autism now people consider it a form of mental retardation, not "crazy" like it was a decade ago.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

BigBoss posted:

Anyone who works with computers for a living is crazy. It's just that there are so many people out there with autism now people consider it a form of mental retardation, not "crazy" like it was a decade ago.

I've worked with computers for a living a couple of times, so this checks out.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

0dB posted:

Nah, they're just people that never left high school. Kind of sad really.

yea theres some truth to this. it is sad

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Fat Lowtax posted:

Which military grades need the lowest and highest ASVABs

highest is air force lowest is marines (lol)

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Blue Raider posted:

yea theres some truth to this. it is sad

professors are people who liked college so much they wanted to stay there forever

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Horniest Manticore posted:

professors are people who liked college so much they wanted to stay there forever

Goddamn I wish I could go back to college.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

yea. i was told the same thing by a full tenured professor

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

yea. i was told the same thing by a full tenured professor

Which field

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

goat manilla posted:

Dog grooming salons are the female equivalent of a construction site as far as personalities go.

poo poo you just reminded me of when i used to do construction, and one of my coworkers thought he was a vampire.

edit:

Jim Barris posted:

construction workers are also all on drugs and they're operating terribly dangerous equipment.

Can confirm this. Warehouse workers as well. Forklifts and jackhammers are way more fun when stoned out of your skull.

Rah! fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 20, 2015

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Aralan posted:

It's emergency medical personnel actually

Every last person I worked with was any/all of the following: Racist, Crazy, Drunk, Addicted, Stupid, Suicidally depressed

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

i bet you a cookie it's in lolberal arts

Divot
Dec 23, 2013

Strategic Tea posted:

actually :agreed: it's philosophers

Dude this thread is asking about actual professions

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

All these suggestions only appear to have the craziest people because they are in places where other people might come in contact with them.
You will see the truth the day you meet a lighthouse keeper. There's not many of them around, and they don't interact with others very often. That's why none of you have suggested them yet. You just haven't seen the real crazy.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

How people get through grad school without becoming manic depressive cynical masochistic assholes is beyond me.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

No, there is a guy at work whose favorite muffins are bran, and his favorite ice cream is vanilla.

He probably has a weird sex murder dungeon under his split-level

vanilla is a pro flavour and is the exact opposite of neutral, I don't know why it's shorthand for that

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

i bet you a cookie it's in lolberal arts

:omarcomin: I will not take that bet

Also there is nothing wrong with vanilla as a flavor.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Sales or language teachers at public schools.

Worked in sales for several months and I had to quit because I was convinced everyone there was crazy. All smiling, cheering, lots of "HEY BUDDY YOU'RE GONNA MAKE SO MUCH MONEY".

Teachers, I've seen several over the years which I'm certain were also batshit insane. The kind of teachers who are always smiling while having these dead eyes staring at you.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
End times prophet/street preacher.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

opus111 posted:

vanilla is a pro flavour and is the exact opposite of neutral, I don't know why it's shorthand for that

Its the least offensive ice cream flavor

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

nurses by far. I'm pretty sure nursing is an abandoned 60's CIA program to see if you can artificially create a sociopath to create soldiers with no conscience that we just kept because doctors realized they didn't like cleaning up poo poo.

edit: oh, you said "attracts" the most crazy people. probably panhandlers and/or santa claus actors.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 20, 2015

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

english, naturally

Troutful
May 31, 2011

As always, the answer is horse people

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Nobody's FAVORITE ice cream is vanilla, what is wrong with you fuckin goons

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I would take a decent vanilla ice cream over some super-fruity one any day, except maybe a watermelon one I had in Rome in like 1994 once which I still dream about to this day.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Troutful posted:

As always, the answer is horse people

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Arian_Samurai posted:

Day trading attracts a lot of manic psychopaths. Mathematicians try to set up algorithms to emulate their insanity.

yeah I saw Pi too it was pretty hosed

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

YeahTubaMike posted:

i don't know if this is confirmation bias or what, but i have literally never had or known an english teacher who was well-adjusted and normal

I'm a teacher in an area that is low stress area (no standardized testing for my area, kids want to be in my class, etc.), but once you eliminate the "electives" teachers, the rest are all a bit off kilter. We have a couple English teachers who regularly blow the gently caress up in the middle of class and/or cry during the entire passing period. One of them just left in the middle of class one day and a student called the office to let them know they were unsupervised. The math teachers are all just a little odd and the special ed teachers are borderline mental. They had to let one go last year because she'd walk down the hall having loud arguments with herself.

NigelsPoppet
Jul 22, 2015
You people seem to forgetting Cocaine and Heroin dealers

pretty crazy people in that line of work dangerous and murdery too

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

How people get through grad school without becoming manic depressive cynical masochistic assholes is beyond me.

We don't.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I've found that dudes who are the best at everything have a high percentage of being named phiz khalifa

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012
How'd we miss Venture Capitalists? Getting scammed for millions is a routine part of the job.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Professional Football players. It's the brain damage.

Teachers. The guy that said the women are narcissists that think they suffer more than anyone else is spot on. The males are crazy too though.

Construction workers. The guy that said they're all on drugs is correct, except it should be noted that most are on hard drugs.

Serious football fans.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Wait, people do this?

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

Blanketspace posted:

How'd we miss Venture Capitalists? Getting scammed for millions is a routine part of the job.

https://twitter.com/lorakolodny/status/672216922080022528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

e: gently caress VC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

pretty much anything in medicine. pediatrics and psych have an abnormally high % of neurotic people. surgeons, though pretty neurotic, tend to be chill as gently caress outside of a hospital setting.

• Locked thread