Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Newly minted Space Grandpa Han "Yolo" Solo has caught wind of you nefarious nogoodniks trying to RUIN what is arguably the biggest moment of a lot of really sad peoples' lives and HE AIN'T HAPPY. LET 'EM HAVE IT, INDIANA:

quote:

Star Wars: The Force Awakens screenings kick off tonight for the general public, but that hasn't stopped spoiler squads from spreading their fun-ruining fingers across the internet. And in case you're thinking about stomping the surprise for other people, Harrison Ford has a message for you. Don't.

The Star Wars actor, during a chat with BuzzFeed, scolded would-be bigmouths.

"Don't do that, because people are paying to get in and they should experience the movie," he said. "Talk about it later. Please. Don't tell people what happens before they go into the theatre."
https://vine.co/v/imUtMwHbE5w

for decades he has held nothing but utter contempt for this bullshit, but i guess there ARE moneyhats big enough that you'll turn that frown upsidedown and say "more please"

mickey mouse: richer than god??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I think he just wants people to experience the full impact of his character, han solo, getting murdered by his son kylo ren

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Utter garbage thread

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
*star wars comes out* Ford: loving stupid

*empire comes out* Ford: this is so loving stupid just kill my character okay???

*jedi comes out* Ford: okay fine college ain't cheap and neither are these planes i want to fly but i'm done after this, okay? I'M DONE

*force awakens* Ford: Golly! Gee! I mean, isn't this exciting? I get to go on another adventure! And so do all my wonderful, excellent fans. Star Wars comes out on December 18th everybody! I'll see you at the premier!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
tbh it would have been cool to not know anything going into the movie but that's just kinda one of the cons of having such prolific internet and social media all the time

a good part of the population are bitter assholes who only get joy from trying to ruin other people's good time.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
there is no way to enjoy this movie at all because there are OTHER PEOPLE and those OTHER PEOPLE can't just watch a loving movie like star wars and then move on with their lives

it has to embody such a large portion of their character and identity, and if they could get away with it, it'd be a loving religion.

these people are going to stomp into theaters wearing robes and masks and plastic swords and guns and they're going to clap every time a loving laser bolt flies across the screen and act like any dramatic turn on the screen is worthy of reproduction at The Globe

these same people will then go home and get on their computers and tablets and smart phones and then proceed to suck the very essence and marrow out of this god drat thing until there is no more mystery. until there is nothing left to discuss. until they have to - swear to god - make up poo poo to talk about and before you know it, you get dipshit articles like UHMMMMM ACTUALLY WHEN YOU THING ABOUT IT LUKE SKYWALKER IS A JIHADI

these morons are execrable and filthy in the queerest way and deserve to have their poo poo ruined before they bend before their dark altar at the local AMC

it cannot be a thing that they just watch and leave alone. they have to live it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cram me sideways posted:

there is no way to enjoy this movie at all because there are OTHER PEOPLE and those OTHER PEOPLE can't just watch a loving movie like star wars and then move on with their lives

it has to embody such a large portion of their character and identity, and if they could get away with it, it'd be a loving religion.

these people are going to stomp into theaters wearing robes and masks and plastic swords and guns and they're going to clap every time a loving laser bolt flies across the screen and act like any dramatic turn on the screen is worthy of reproduction at The Globe

these same people will then go home and get on their computers and tablets and smart phones and then proceed to suck the very essence and marrow out of this god drat thing until there is no more mystery. until there is nothing left to discuss. until they have to - swear to god - make up poo poo to talk about and before you know it, you get dipshit articles like UHMMMMM ACTUALLY WHEN YOU THING ABOUT IT LUKE SKYWALKER IS A JIHADI

these morons are execrable and filthy in the queerest way and deserve to have their poo poo ruined before they bend before their dark altar at the local AMC

it cannot be a thing that they just watch and leave alone. they have to live it.

ima just watch it in a couple weeks when the crowds are gone

namaste

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

wait how is his son a black guy

DJ Sizzle
Jul 24, 2002

ASK ME ABOUT BEING OLD
Fun Shoe

Parallax Scroll posted:

Dark Side Midichlorians

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Parallax Scroll posted:

Harrison fords not black? :shrug:

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

Aralan posted:

I think he just wants people to experience the full impact of his character, han solo, getting murdered by his son kylo ren

Interesting factoid (if they made a droid that spat out facts they would call it a factdroid in the Star Wars universe haha well I guess C3P0 is kind of a factdroid in a way):

Kylo Ren's real name is Ben Solo, named after Obi Wan Kenobi (from the previous films, played by Sir Alec Guinness in the original trilogy, and then by Ewan McGregor in the prequels) whose nickname while on Tatooine was Ben Kenobi or Old Ben Kenobi. "Ben" in old Hebrew meant "son of," so really the name "Ben Solo" is literal: Son of Solo. Fascinating!

What a twist that Ben Solo decides, in a complete appeal to the Dark Side of the Force, to murder his own father in cold blood! It's the exact opposite of what Luke does with his own father Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and parallel's Anakin's own dark decision to murder all those poor Younglings (Jedi children in training) in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. It's so interesting that Kylo/Ben reveres Darth Vader, his own grandfather (!), not for his ultimate decision to save the universe from the rule of the tyrannical Sith, but for his initial pursuit in supporting the Sith.

Given Kylo/Ben's clear commitment to the Dark Side, as evidenced by murdering his own father, the beloved Han Solo (played by Harrison Ford), I can't wait to find out whether he will face redemption, as his own grandfather did in the face of Luke's commitment to compassion, or damnation, as did Anakin's Sith master Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious. Does Kylo/Ben even know of Darth Vader's last act of defiance? What a crushing realization it will be for him to realize that all of his efforts, including murdering his own father, only brought him further misery and shame! Perhaps it will even prompt him to take such drastic action as Vader did when he killed Palpatine (hah please excuse this spoiler, folks), and betray his new master, Supreme Leader Snoke. Guess we'll have to wait for the new episodes in order to find out!

tl;dr i'm gay

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
ive never seen any of the starwars movies but i have seen harrison ford wearing a faggy earring and so he has no credibility to made any requests of decent ppl

e: or even of goons

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

whoflungpoop posted:

ive never seen any of the starwars movies but i have seen harrison ford wearing a faggy earring and so he has no credibility to made any requests of decent ppl

e: or even of goons

he was ok in the indian joe movie

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Personally I don't see the enthusiasm as really all that important. All the movies that star wars has made aren't terrific or even near great. They were good for their time I guess but sci fi buddhism that is completely divorced from realism isn't all that interesting to me.

Sethex fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 18, 2015

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Expected goatse voted 1

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Parallax Scroll posted:

its called getting a black woman pregnant you idiot

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

final2percent posted:

Interesting factoid (if they made a droid that spat out facts they would call it a factdroid in the Star Wars universe haha well I guess C3P0 is kind of a factdroid in a way):

Kylo Ren's real name is Ben Solo, named after Obi Wan Kenobi (from the previous films, played by Sir Alec Guinness in the original trilogy, and then by Ewan McGregor in the prequels) whose nickname while on Tatooine was Ben Kenobi or Old Ben Kenobi. "Ben" in old Hebrew meant "son of," so really the name "Ben Solo" is literal: Son of Solo. Fascinating!

What a twist that Ben Solo decides, in a complete appeal to the Dark Side of the Force, to murder his own father in cold blood! It's the exact opposite of what Luke does with his own father Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and parallel's Anakin's own dark decision to murder all those poor Younglings (Jedi children in training) in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. It's so interesting that Kylo/Ben reveres Darth Vader, his own grandfather (!), not for his ultimate decision to save the universe from the rule of the tyrannical Sith, but for his initial pursuit in supporting the Sith.

Given Kylo/Ben's clear commitment to the Dark Side, as evidenced by murdering his own father, the beloved Han Solo (played by Harrison Ford), I can't wait to find out whether he will face redemption, as his own grandfather did in the face of Luke's commitment to compassion, or damnation, as did Anakin's Sith master Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious. Does Kylo/Ben even know of Darth Vader's last act of defiance? What a crushing realization it will be for him to realize that all of his efforts, including murdering his own father, only brought him further misery and shame! Perhaps it will even prompt him to take such drastic action as Vader did when he killed Palpatine (hah please excuse this spoiler, folks), and betray his new master, Supreme Leader Snoke. Guess we'll have to wait for the new episodes in order to find out!

tl;dr i'm gay

I don't think the star wars galaxy has jewish people

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

final2percent posted:

tl;dr i'm gay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

Aralan posted:

I don't think the star wars galaxy has jewish people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watto

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
im just gonna catch the h8f8l 8ight next week

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Gas.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
gently caress off op

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Boyega, as a person, seems pretty cool

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

cram me sideways posted:

*empire comes out* Ford: this is so loving stupid just kill my character okay???

*jedi comes out* Ford: okay fine college ain't cheap and neither are these planes i want to fly but i'm done after this, okay? I'M DONE

*force awakens* Ford: Golly! Gee! I mean, isn't this exciting? I get to go on another adventure! And so do all my wonderful, excellent fans. Star Wars comes out on December 18th everybody! I'll see you at the premier!

alzheimer's

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Broenheim posted:

gently caress off op

your movie sucks and your love for it sucks

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Aren't spoiler alerts just a fancy way to say trigger warning?

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

cram me sideways posted:

It is...
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29753530

http://www.jedichurch.org/

They're fighting to get it legally recognized. loving nerds.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Parallax Scroll posted:

Yeahhh about that remember when Lando was visting him and Leia. Welll.....

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
So is Rey a jedi? I'd let her scavenge my battleship if you know what I mean ;)

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
Kyle is Han's son, not bdude

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Booblord Zagats posted:

owns as much irl as in the movie film

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Volume posted:

Aren't spoiler alerts just a fancy way to say trigger warning?

yes that's exactly what they are

along with NWS and NMS

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Booblord Zagats posted:

millenial thread is that way -->

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

cram me sideways posted:

i havent even seen it nor probably will, its just that these threads are garbage

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

cram me sideways posted:

they dumped the SW EU and it's a better movie for it, get over your precious fanfic

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

cram me sideways posted:

Lol

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Despite being a pilot, he starred in "Air Force One", which was such a piece of poo poo with the most misleading aviation inaccuracies of any movie involving planes. So gently caress Harrison Ford.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
airforce one owns bones. get off my plane, bitch

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Anyone who smells like cherries can't be all that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I still can't believe what a try-hard Boyega has been ever since the internet hate started for him. Does he have any redeeming qualities in the film? I'm waiting for my cam copy to download

• Locked thread