Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUHgz8KOzyM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

gently caress the ROW posted:

im now committed to watching death wish 3

Added bonus is that you'll see some now well known actors getting their start in this film. By dying.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Automatic Slim posted:

Added bonus is that you'll see some now well known actors getting their start in this film. By dying.

Who to start with, Deanna Troi getting raped to death or Bill from Bill & Ted getting shot?

But, actually, that's all of the Death Wish movies. The first one has Jeff Goldblum "painting a girl's face" as one of the rapist thugs, a bit role of Christopher Guest as a patrol cop, and supposedly has the first screen appearance of Denzel Washington, but it's never been confirmed. Death Wish 2 has Laurence Fishburne getting headshot through a boombox, and Death Wish 4 has Tuvok and Danny Trejo in it.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 22, 2015

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Watching that Death Wish montage:

1) that anti-aircraft gun in 3 would've only left stains and chunks of flesh of anyone Bronson pointed it at.

2) the grenade launcher in 4 had no kick or recoil whatsoever.

3) Every woman that ever comes into contact with Paul Kersey will die horribly. There's something very Freudian or full of subtext in that but somebody else can touch that.

4) Can't wait for the inevitable reboot. I wonder how modern context will be married to the "problematic" slaughter of anyone who wasn't Paul Kersey's socio-economic class.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 22, 2015

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

The Death Wish movies have some of the best completely unnecessary car explosions ever. Like Top Secret! level bad. I can't help but feel though that these movies should never, ever, ever get remade. That being said I've seen Death Wish 1-3 like five times each and highly recommend them.

fake edit: Apparently only 83 people die in Death Wish 3. I could have sworn Charles Bronson gunned down like 135 guys by himself in that one.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Tokelau All Star posted:

fake edit: Apparently only 83 people die in Death Wish 3. I could have sworn Charles Bronson gunned down like 135 guys by himself in that one.

Three really is the best. The neighborhood cheering at the death of a downed gang member is surreal.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I thought Death Sentence was the remake? Isn't it based on the same book?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVdWq9jxejI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ephori posted:

I thought Death Sentence was the remake? Isn't it based on the same book?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVdWq9jxejI

Not shown: the ~95% conviction rate in US courts.

• Locked thread