Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i agree op, my coworker is currently growing a beard for the first time and he keeps scratching at it and mauling it and its soooo gross..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
in my line of work it's better to be able to scratch a face itch with anything but your filthy hands so having a beard will keep my face clean because it will get itchy but I can scratch the itch with what caused it to get itchy.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

amityville anus posted:

in my line of work it's better to be able to scratch a face itch with anything but your filthy hands so having a beard will keep my face clean because it will get itchy but I can scratch the itch with what caused it to get itchy.

what's his name?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Miller

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My facial hair sucks but I usually leave it grown because I'm too lazy to shave it off.

I'll wet shave like every couple months or so once I realize I look too terrible to really get away with being lazy with it anymore.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mega64 posted:

My facial hair sucks but I usually leave it grown because I'm too lazy to shave it off.

I'll wet shave like every couple months or so once I realize I look too terrible to really get away with being lazy with it anymore.

this is pretty much my strategy except my facial hair looks good for about 1.5 months then it starts to require more maintenance to look anything but completely unkempt and at that point i might as well just be shaving

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Mega64 posted:

Do you shave your neck or anything like that?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
oh to clarify i keep my neck/under chin on jaw line and tops of my cheeks shaved while i'm in my lazy no-shave modes. im not a total slob cmon

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I drop kicked Spanish Manlove in a McDonald's parking lot after loving his sister and his lawyer is making me play this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMqR9LvWPuk

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

kazr posted:

a long flowing beard
is for a man with no chin
pathetic, and gross

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
how does facial hair project power.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
If you see a fat guy with a big beard, there's probably a 99% chance he's super into vaping.

Goatees are for stoners, child molesters, and/or rednecks in Cabela's and Fox gear.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
circle goatee aka prison pussy. gross

the van dyke otoh, that's a study in sophistication. rakish, jaunty, playful. a gentleman's goat.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ban OP

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Does this officially conclude GBS topics on hating everything that possibly exists?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

thathonkey posted:

oh to clarify i keep my neck/under chin on jaw line and tops of my cheeks shaved while i'm in my lazy no-shave modes. im not a total slob cmon

It's not really lazy no-shave mode if you carefully sculpt your beard you loving human being

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

beard + glasses = tell everyone what to do

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Nutsngum posted:

Does this officially conclude GBS topics on hating everything that possibly exists?

Why does that seem to bother and surprise you?

Look, on any subject there are a thousand ways to be wrong and very few ways to be right. It is obvious that most things will, therefore, be wrong and bad. Body hair in general is a prime example.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
this is how my beard grows

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
My gf likes my beard, i tend to go clean shaven then grow it out for a bit then go back to clean shaven, when i was younger i pretty much always shaved at least every other day because my beard was embarrassingly patchy but as it filled out most people say it looks good on me and said i should keep it longer so I do.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

im gonna buy a fuckin heisenberg hat and talk to everyone in an even more condescending tone

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

then im going to put my leg up on everything like commander riker

a mighty beard

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

smash open everything with a crowbar, DOCTOR FREEMAN

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
circle beard mouth vagina haver spotted

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

gonna free the gently caress out of the slaves like honest abe

LOOK AT THE BEARD AND HAT DAVIS!!!!

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 19, 2015

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
being clean shaven is cool if you're not into ovulating women

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
" ability to project power in their immediate vicinity" -
Uhh yeah that's pretty awesome?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

just gonna annex some things no big deal

SIEG HEIL!!!!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Harrower posted:

The beard is a weakness because it means your face is more flammable.

That's the point, numbnuts.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

hmmm look at me im the technoviking probably the coolest human on earth

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Maoist Pussy posted:

Why does that seem to bother and surprise you?

Look, on any subject there are a thousand ways to be wrong and very few ways to be right. It is obvious that most things will, therefore, be wrong and bad. Body hair in general is a prime example.

Oh I was just wondering if you were meeting a quota or were just loving retarded. Please don't deny us more of your wisdom you stupid rear end in a top hat.

Seriously though, I want to learn more of the opinions of a rambling street vagrant who is otherwise rightfully ignored by society.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Every guy should have facial hair. It makes good looking dudes more good looking, and gross dorks are made even more obvious by it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Aralan posted:

Every guy should have facial hair. It makes good looking dudes more good looking, and gross dorks are made even more obvious by it.

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
I have late 90s IDM fan facial hair. I stroke it thoughtfully while listening to autechre.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
while we're at it, men having short hair was pretty much universally seen as a sign of poverty or servitude in the west until world war 1

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i got some injun in me so my "beard" game is patchy and weak. I'm glad only hipsters need them.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Why does no one have an issue with hair on the top of the head, and there's all this baggage attached to hair on the front of the head? It's like the Star Bellied Sneetches up in this piece.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

*shaves legs,, pits, balls, etc but grows beard, chest hair, and happy trail to pubes shaped like a reverse triangle*

*also has hipster jugend haircut*

*takes express train to pussy town*

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

unless you are not a glorious Aryan, the hair on top is soft and pretty, where as beard hair is like a patch of pubic hair on your loving face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I have a sexy winter beard right now but I'll shave it off in the spring time when i get a hair cut

• Locked thread