Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hey op did you know you can meet these ~wacky~ characters bartending a couple nights a week and make even more money, sex, and fame??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ratbert90 posted:

I took an Uber once and the driver was constantly bugging me that he had to drive for Uber because his college degree wasn't worth anything. Then he tried to get me to drop his name to my boss, and gave me his card and resume (I poo poo you not.) He also wanted to stop for food before dropping me off at the airport.

Never used a Uber after that.

I glad that the Bay Area just has depressed asian drivers for Uber.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Surprised no one has mentioned this but its not uber driving that should make you feel inferior its your lovely threads and ur lovely opinions.

That aside I hope people treat you respectfully. Although to treat your customer respectfully you should have insurance

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

starry skies above posted:

On the first night (after my evening job) I drove one person, and earned like $12.

On the second night I did five rides and earned $66.

Tonight I did six and earned $75. So so far I have $155 coming to me. Let's say minus 20 for gas and 20 for car depreciation and that's $105 for about 8 hours worked, something like $14.325 per hour average...so far. I'm still new at this but so far this is merely good for supplemental income.

lol have fun with your taxes next year

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Necc0 posted:

Aren't those optional anyway?

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Not to be mean but

"You guys why are you being so mean about this Uber thing?"
*couple days later*
"So, I got scammed by a teenager out of like $40-50..."

I don't care that u guys are being "mean." Who are goons to be mean about anything, they are lots of losers here. Anyway Uber fixed the problem.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

OctoberBlues posted:

Aren't those optional anyway?

You joke, but my wife used to work for Tax & Finance and they got calls DAILY from people who were like "I didn't even file taxes last year, why are you sending me a bill?"

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
I am going to buy the expansion to Guild Wars 2 with my Uber money

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Necc0 posted:

I will be hiring a professional if it gets too complex.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

that's really sad

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

drunk asian neighbor posted:

So is this an Indian English phrase or something? I'd never heard it before, but we started doing a lot of business with the Arab League nations (Qatar, UAE etc.) as well as India/Bangladesh etc. and they all say this poo poo all the time (usually when demanding that we move a lead time forward by a week, or demanding a document that was already sent weeks ago in triplicate)

Also when I was in California I took an Uber 2 ways and both times when I tried to tip the driver I was rebuffed. The first time the guy was like "oh no worries man they pay me just fine" and was cool but the 2nd guy acted like I was insulting him. How you can be insulted when being offered extra cash for a smooth ride is beyond me, especially in an industry where you'll very likely get sworn at for not leaving a tip.

VVVVVVVVV I thought a CDL was for driving trucks and other vehicles over a certain weight. Are you thinking of a hackney license or whatever the taxi driver medallions are called?

Do the needful... That phrase triggers my H1B shredder to life... I'm jonesing for a cancellation now, thanks

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

OP do you honestly just not give a gently caress that if you were ever in any kind of accident with a passenger in the car, they'd be totally hosed over because you can't even afford the type of insurance specifically designed for the job you're doing? Like, even a single broken bone could be enough to ruin someone's life for a long time. Is whatever bullshit scrub money you're making actually worth that?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

TEAH SYAG posted:

Do the needful... That phrase triggers my H1B shredder to life... I'm jonesing for a cancellation now, thanks

I can't imagine a white person has ever in the history of the world been told "Do the needful" and then did anything other than say gently caress you and sabotage whatever they were supposed to be doing the needful for.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

etalian posted:

I glad that the Bay Area just has depressed asian drivers for Uber.

This was in San Diego so it was to be expected probably.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

haljordan posted:

OP do you honestly just not give a gently caress that if you were ever in any kind of accident with a passenger in the car, they'd be totally hosed over because you can't even afford the type of insurance specifically designed for the job you're doing? Like, even a single broken bone could be enough to ruin someone's life for a long time. Is whatever bullshit scrub money you're making actually worth that?

Uber does have a umbrella policy but most of the buzz online on it is pretty negative.

Uber did lie their drivers claiming a personal policy is enough, even though insurance companies will laugh at you if you get in a accident while doing commercial type activities such as Uber.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

etalian posted:

Uber does have a umbrella policy but most of the buzz online on it is pretty negative.

Uber did lie their drivers claiming a personal policy is enough, even though insurance companies will laugh at you if you get in a accident while doing commercial type activities such as Uber.

Exactly. No personal policy on earth covers a situation where you're operating as a taxi.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Tonight I got into an Uber and the Uber driver told me his house was destroyed by a tornado two days ago. Then I said I was sorry, I hope you have good insurance and he was like "No, I have terrible insurance."

Don't do that Uber drivers, I really don't like pretending to be empathetic.

Fluo posted:

Next time you get uber ask the driver what your rating is / any notes put on your name

You can just press help, accounts and what is my rating and it will tell you.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I don't care that u guys are being "mean." Who are goons to be mean about anything, they are lots of losers here. Anyway Uber fixed the problem.

Yeah, now, but it sounds like you're still out $40 my man.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm in NYC. i ordered a lyft with my pal a couple of weeks ago because he had a free $40 coupon for it and also because he was drunk off his rear end. the car that picked us up had an Uber logo on the windshield, and when i was in the car, you could visibly see his taxi medallion license. how the hell does he work for three different ride companies? i'm confused

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Y-Hat posted:

i'm in NYC. i ordered a lyft with my pal a couple of weeks ago because he had a free $40 coupon for it and also because he was drunk off his rear end. the car that picked us up had an Uber logo on the windshield, and when i was in the car, you could visibly see his taxi medallion license. how the hell does he work for three different ride companies? i'm confused

because why not yo

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

because why not yo
i guess it means 3 times the money, plus whatever bullshit you have to pay for upkeep of your Lyft and Uber poo poo. i know that some cab drivers here work for Uber or Lyft for some extra money on the side, but i don't know how you can work for both Uber AND Lyft. i thought they were mortal enemies

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Y-Hat posted:

i guess it means 3 times the money, plus whatever bullshit you have to pay for upkeep of your Lyft and Uber poo poo. i know that some cab drivers here work for Uber or Lyft for some extra money on the side, but i don't know how you can work for both Uber AND Lyft. i thought they were mortal enemies

Presumably that means they don't share their employee rolls with each other; just don't tell them ayy

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
OP is it womens fault that you can't get a real job or is it yours?

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

On the first night (after my evening job) I drove one person, and earned like $12.

On the second night I did five rides and earned $66.

Tonight I did six and earned $75. So so far I have $155 coming to me. Let's say minus 20 for gas and 20 for car depreciation and that's $105 for about 8 hours worked, something like $14.325 per hour average...so far. I'm still new at this but so far this is merely good for supplemental income.

Have you considered prostitution? You would both make a significantly higher income and go up a step on the social ladder.

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

The Saurus posted:

OP is it womens fault that you can't get a real job or is it yours?

I had sex with one of the women I gave a ride to.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

these are the things that make me not want to take an Uber

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

I had a trick pick me up a few weeks after I hosed him. He wanted to hangout again. It was awkward.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

i have no doubt that u probably believe this

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

whoflungpoop posted:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

That's 2 dumb decisions this year

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
op do u ever get rly drunk and tell your friends dont worry guys im takinga cab home haha but then you get in your car and drive home because you're the cab??

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

whoflungpoop posted:

Why are you so invested in my being forever alone?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i guess he wasn't jon pop after all

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

three dozen goons making fun of u and u blame the woman good job creep

e: PERMABAN 12/29/15 12:27am starry skies above Permabanned pedophille/creep ZergFluid.

lol makes sense now

whoflungpoop fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 29, 2015

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the post that got his original account permabanned:

quote:

quote:

Anne Whateley posted:
The US age of consent is generally 16, so by "teenaged females" you mean 13-, 14-, and 15-year-olds
Does she have a bush and is of a womanly shape? She should be fair game. The taboo against that is a true social construct that serves the interests of older women, like so much else of contemporary sexual politics.
fellas, if you hear news of an Uber driver in wherever this guy works raping a teenager, you know who it is

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

Was there a better post in this thread this idiots re-perma could have pointed to?

imo

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
there are too many to choose from sadly

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

zen death robot posted:

Was there a better post in this thread this idiots re-perma could have pointed to?

gently caress off. I'm not sleazy like that. In fact, IF I was sleazy like that I'd be be pulling tail. What you people don't realize is that sleaziness takes considerable self-confidence.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
good to know that, apparently i am a very confident man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
i didnt read the thread but i guess i missed some stuff so i should go back a few pages

• Locked thread