Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The co-founder who didn't become a massively wealthy and successful video games man wrote a lovely clickbait article and it made me nostalgic for atrocity tourism in the pre-social network era of the internet. Also makes me wonder how literally every other person from that era that isn't Lowtax has managed to parlay their experience into money and/or legitimacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
If I was reduced to writing articles for ny mag I would probably kill myself

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
goatse is a funny picture

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like the part where ou can see his big ol butthole lol

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

quote:

10 Favorite Portal of Evil Exhibits That Are Still Online

While many of the sites we featured have faded into bitrot, some are still up and running. Here are ten survivors.

Ulillillia

http://www.ulillillia.us/

A young man from Texas with profound obsessive-compulsive disorder, Ulillillia was beloved on POE for his thorough documentation of his mental activities (and the fact that he dropped by the site to talk about his imaginary friends).

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lmao his sister is a cam whore and goons sent him naked pictures of her

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Wow that article was a tidal wave of nostalgia.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
I liked their free e-mail, it had a bunch of cool sounding domain options.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
While I appreciate Chet Faliszek's work as a video game humor writer, I don't appreciate the fact that Chet Faliszek shut down Portal of Evil to try and hide the fact that he spent a decade tormenting mentally ill people over the internet since it would look bad for the guy who wrote Portal and Left4Dead to have such a black mark on his past.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sleeveless posted:

tormenting mentally ill people over the internet
ehhhhh
from what i remember poe was basically an entire website of ALoDs.
it was that web 1.0 poo poo of people putting their diaper feitsh website up and then acting indignant when somebody else made fun of it. if that's torment i'm josef loving mengele

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
PoE was p cool

also they all hated goons

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Today I learned the portal of evil guy wrote l4d and portal

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

cram me sideways posted:

Today I learned the portal of evil guy wrote l4d and portal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF9D8RzstfQ

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I loved the rotten.com library, that poo poo was some fun spooky reading when i was like 10 years old

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I wonder what happened to Nekobe.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

Lmao his sister is a cam whore and goons sent him naked pictures of her

I'm gonna have to ask for a reference pic. For... uhh... "research" :fh:

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

amityville anus posted:

I'm gonna have to ask for a reference pic. For... uhh... "research" :fh:

lmao you've never seen sisterlillia have you?

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Fonzarelli posted:

I loved the rotten.com library, that poo poo was some fun spooky reading when i was like 10 years old

same but I was in high school/college. I mailed print outs to my friend in the military after his unit lost access to all written materials for fights and drug test stuff

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

dog buttz posted:

lmao you've never seen sisterlillia have you?

uhhh... refresh my memory I look at chicks all the time and it all starts to blend together

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

amityville anus posted:

uhhh... refresh my memory I look at chicks all the time and it all starts to blend together

Posting pictures of her is why these threads always get shut down. GIS should pull up some hott pix.

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Sleeveless posted:

While I appreciate Chet Faliszek's work as a video game humor writer, I don't appreciate the fact that Chet Faliszek shut down Portal of Evil to try and hide the fact that he spent a decade tormenting mentally ill people over the internet since it would look bad for the guy who wrote Portal and Left4Dead to have such a black mark on his past.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
no i dont

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

dog buttz posted:

Posting pictures of her is why these threads always get shut down. GIS should pull up some hott pix.

It didn't the forums need to bring back DPPH

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Portal of evil had VERY strong rules about not touching the poop that were violated more and more as the site aged.

I suppose it could have gone on longer, but the atrocity tourism concept was pretty much dead and buried six months into 4chan's existence.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

papa_november posted:

Portal of evil had VERY strong rules about not touching the poop that were violated more and more as the site aged.

I suppose it could have gone on longer, but the atrocity tourism concept was pretty much dead and buried six months into 4chan's existence.

The Weekend Web held out a little longer, and there's still good poo poo going on today if you know where to look.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
hey, uli has written another book - "The Secret in the Basement"!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018EU57F0

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Rambling Robot posted:

Bought, strictly for the sake of Christmas charity.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rambling Robot posted:

I bought his first book. Think I'll pass on this one. Sorry Uli.

I will buy the sex tape.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Sheep-Goats posted:

I bought his first book. Think I'll pass on this one. Sorry Uli.

I will buy the sex tape.

Why not read this freebie, "What happened as you upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7?".

http://www.ulillillia.us/myblog/general/Win7UpgradeStory.shtml

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
K. Thor Jensen is a dick IRL and his comic book sucked.

• Locked thread