Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

ScrubLeague posted:

Implying you need to be in the army to shoot people, just go to your nearest school.

goon success story in the making

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

ScrubLeague posted:

Implying you need to be in the army to shoot people, just go to your nearest school.

he's probably going for life time kills. sure, you can kill a dozen or so people in a school shooting, but over a life time in military service you can kill hundreds with the added benefit of awards and to a lesser extent pay. military service is also a good way to get yourself accepted into the police which can then further your life time kills. then after you retire from the police you can continue on your career as a murderer by becoming an serial killer with the know how to get the job done without being caught and the connections to hide any potential screw ups.

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

he's probably going for life time kills. sure, you can kill a dozen or so people in a school shooting, but over a life time in military service you can kill hundreds with the added benefit of awards and to a lesser extent pay. military service is also a good way to get yourself accepted into the police which can then further your life time kills. then after you retire from the police you can continue on your career as a murderer by becoming an serial killer with the know how to get the job done without being caught and the connections to hide any potential screw ups.

Well hey now.

Who said anything about being a serial killer?

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Illavick posted:

Well hey now.

Who said anything about being a serial killer?

sorry dude, that was a little presumptive.

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
That's right. Every one of them was a bad guy and I tried to stop them I did but there was no other way. Yeah. Badass cool dude ex-military cop guy. He's a mean dog but you want him on your side when the going gets tough. Maybe I'll get teamed up with a straight laced proper family man who's getting too old for this shi--- ohh!

Also, wtf if your university's claim to fame is lena dumham. Seriously? Seriously? This is you when you're TRYING?

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Mass shootings happen in the wrong places.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

please let me show you screenshots of all The Ladies swooning over me
Was so happy to be an Oberlin alum pre-2105. gently caress the current student body.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Avalanche posted:

BREAKING NEWS AT OBERLIN!!!! SHITS GOING DOWN!!!!

Wake me up when the poo poo has hit the fan in the form of a swastika. :colbert:

Avalanche posted:

quote:

Monday, Dec. 7
2:39 a.m. Safety and Security officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at South Hall. A strong odor of burnt marijuana was detected upon entry to the building. The resident of the room in question denied smoking at the time of the alarm, but said they were burning a candle. The student was advised of the College’s smoking policy.

Sure they were just burning a candle. Like they were just about to open a window but couldn't quite get around to it. It never loving fails.

Pandemonium posted:

Was so happy to be an Oberlin alum pre-2105. gently caress the current student body.

Not if it looks like Lena Dunham

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Relin posted:

those indian students probably really really wanted to beat the cooks to death for cooking beef indian style. because thats what they do in some parts of india if you eat beef, much less slaughter a cow.

fun fact: there are hindus in india who are fine with eating beef, like the rahjputs (a group of who run a local chain around here where they do just that)

It's also no coincidence that rajputs are one of the few indians that can be considered badass along with the Sikhs.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Shaquin posted:

It really is a big dick waving contest for a lotta kids in this age group. More than once I've been lectured at by some vegan punk espousing how evil it is to wear leather and consume factory farmed meat while they tap away on a 500 dollar cell phone built by essentially slave labor.

Lol

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Nooner posted:

Lol I'm appropriating Ireland right now by drinking on my lunch break

<car bombs nooner>

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The suspect denied having killed the man outside their door, but that he may have fallen and died. The Oberlin Police Department advised the suspect of the city's murder policy.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Relin posted:

fun fact: there are hindus in india who are fine with eating beef, like the rahjputs (a group of who run a local chain around here where they do just that)

That's not a fun fact. Indians/people that eat beef can't call themselves Hindu, because it breaks many major rules in all sects of Hinduism. There's never been any provision in any book for anyone to kill and eat the cow. Even the ruling class, who can pretty much eat anything and go hunting for sport without worrying about karma, are not allowed. Because the cow/bull offer so many services with milk products possible to make, field tilling, cart pulling, dung for fuel/heat, etc., you were/are considered a retard to go kill a cow to eat for one meal when you could get like 20+ years of milk/cheese/butter and industrial services out of it. If you actually want to talk Hindu thought on it, since heaven and hell are temporarily visited places, the punishment for killing a cow (killing, selling, and eating are considered the same act) is as many years in hell as the cow had hairs on its body. The cow is considered one of the 7 mothers that a person must respect as his/her own mother, and you don't kill your mother (and if you do, you get a big karmic penalty).
Most of today's Hindus are really just "Hindus" who claim it because it becomes like an ethnicity type of thing, without knowing a single thing about it other than maybe at best the basic Ramayan and Mahabharat plot lines. It's a caste/hereditary claim with no practice or knowledge.

Those Rajputs selling beef are full of poo poo.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Nonsense posted:

The suspect denied having killed the man outside their door, but that he may have fallen and died. The Oberlin Police Department advised the suspect of the city's murder policy.

LOL you fucktard that's not even CLOSE to what happened

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

ScrubLeague posted:

Yeah, but you don't get paid to do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYMnAUGFuG0

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

LOL you fucktard that's not even CLOSE to what happened

I really do not care at all? :shrug:

Wampa Stompa
Aug 15, 2008

I literally have no idea what I just saw in there!
Grimey Drawer
Countdown until the tumblr left perpetrates their very own Reichstag burning (or, you know, some more poo poo swastikas) and forms an LGBTQIOULMNOP secret police to sniff out microaggressors and appropriators. If we're lucky, they'll get caught up in infighting and all hound each other to suicide!

Realistically, though, they're just going to bitch and make the lives of the kitchen staff forced to cater to their hysterically bourgeois tastes even more miserable and difficult. "EXCUSE ME, Juan, that sushi rice is overcooked. Why don't you just put Satomi here in an internment camp while you're at it, you Capitalist Pig!"

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
I can understand the Hindus being pissed off at beef in Indian food, but laffo at the kids getting pissed off over minimum wage workers loving up a general tso's or a bahn mi. Trying to place school lunch in a social justice framework seems like a really good use of peoples' time.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Wampa Stompa posted:

Countdown until the tumblr left perpetrates their very own Reichstag burning (or, you know, some more poo poo swastikas) and forms an LGBTQIOULMNOP secret police to sniff out microaggressors and appropriators. If we're lucky, they'll get caught up in infighting and all hound each other to suicide!

Realistically, though, they're just going to bitch and make the lives of the kitchen staff forced to cater to their hysterically bourgeois tastes even more miserable and difficult. "EXCUSE ME, Juan, that sushi rice is overcooked. Why don't you just put Satomi here in an internment camp while you're at it, you Capitalist Pig!"

Bad sushi: pretty much the second Japanese Holocaust.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I remember visiting Oberlin back in 2000 or so when trying to figure out a college. The guide spent the entire two hours talking about co-ops and after a while I just felt like the whole place was retarded. It's nice that every year or so more news articles come out confirming that.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

itt really old, gross and out of touch goons taking shots at college students

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Vorik posted:

It's the real national pastime :shrug:

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Vorik posted:

this is more about crowning a new hellthread than anything else. it's the real gbs metagame. the winning thread gets chubby asian girls and disturbingly attractive man butts.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Adventure Pigeon posted:

I remember visiting Oberlin back in 2000 or so when trying to figure out a college. The guide spent the entire two hours talking about co-ops and after a while I just felt like the whole place was retarded. It's nice that every year or so more news articles come out confirming that.

Oberlin is basically a place for liberals that fit the Fox News attack stereotype.

They had lots of similar funny protests in the past such as saying black music majors should not be forced to study classical music or how the whole university staff should be changed to match arbitrary racial quotas.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

etalian posted:

Oberlin is basically a place for liberals that fit the Fox News attack stereotype.

They had lots of similar funny protests in the past such as saying black music majors should not be forced to study classical music or how the whole university staff should be changed to match arbitrary racial quotas.

I think the funniest Oberlin incident was the recent graduate that showed up late to a job interview, got rejected, then wrote a long online article trashing the company for not hiring her.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I just realized I get extremely triggered by incredibly dumb people. Have I become the monster I so loathe? Has the abyss consumed me?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Adventure Pigeon posted:

I think the funniest Oberlin incident was the recent graduate that showed up late to a job interview, got rejected, then wrote a long online article trashing the company for not hiring her.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

yep. I think in the longer article she wrote she offhandedly mentions she was also late. laffo.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

a skater skirt and heels

Grimshak
Oct 8, 2013

I know you need the meat, girl, but damn.

Wow, her confidence is inspiring.

Honestly, in the end that will really help her nail the interview for department supervisor at Target.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Grimshak posted:

Wow, her confidence is inspiring.

Honestly, in the end that will really help her nail the interview for department supervisor at Target.

changing the world through programming

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

If I turned up for an interview looking like a slightly tidied-up ice skater emo, I'd probably not get the job either sweetcheeks

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
lol at people who think they can change the world by being a Jr. programmer.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nooner posted:

Lol I'm appropriating Ireland right now by drinking on my lunch break

gently caress YOU

gently caress YOU

ONLY WE CAN DO THAT.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

This is her in the outfit she wore to the interview.

Apparently the interview was at 4 PM and she called ahead to let them know she'd be a little bit late, and got there at 4:20.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

they probably don't even make grilled cheese w kraft singles and an absentee dad

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010
Looks like OnShift dodged a loving bullet.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
As soon as someone starts describing their ensemble, I begin to doze. Perhaps she put her interviewers to sleep.

Ball and chain? Yes, for some reason ladies do have to put more thought into their wardrobe, but that is beyond my ability to fathom (unless its just part of biology, but a lotta people don't want to talk about that.) Ask any man what he's wearing to his job interview and he'll go "That nice (color) shirt, my (color) slacks and, I dunno, is a blazer too much?" Point is, if it's a ball and chain, don't wear two shirts and a skirt that says "I'm really into palmistry and crystals."

phasmid fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 20, 2015

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bloomington posted:

Looks like OnShift dodged a loving bullet.

If a guy had showed up for the same position wearing non-professional clothes for the interview he would have gotten the same treatment.

Also lolling how she said the gently caress the company since they didn't give her a offer. Should serve her greatly in the future given how more modern companies do skim through potential hires social media presence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Clochette posted:

This is her in the outfit she wore to the interview.

Apparently the interview was at 4 PM and she called ahead to let them know she'd be a little bit late, and got there at 4:20.

That's a clubbing outfit?

• Locked thread