Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Wow, what a race. Nice job Ken, you earned that.

I somehow pulled all the right names in the right order except for the top 2 places. I had 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 11th correct though. Can't say that's going to happen very often, but I'll take it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Atlanta looks like really long start and rhythm sections, doesn't look as tight and technical as the last couple of tracks. I'm not sure who that benefits. Dungey is obviously really great in rhythm sections, maybe Anderson as well? I dunno.

DV doing some rumor spreading on facebook for next season. Would be kinda bummed to see Trey leave Honda, but at least it would be at another factory team.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

Wow, what a race. Nice job Ken, you earned that.

I somehow pulled all the right names in the right order except for the top 2 places. I had 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 11th correct though. Can't say that's going to happen very often, but I'll take it!

You're so far ahead already. :argh:

Get a couple wrong and come join the rest of us.

I had everyone but Seely (I knew I should have found a spot for him!) and all in exactly the wrong order.

Still going Dungey 1, Roczen 2 this time though. It'll be interesting to see if Roczen can maintain his current level. I'm pretty sure Dungey can but less so about Roczen - he was just great last race.

Dungey
Roczen
Seely
Anderson - he had that one win and then he's gotten fourth or fifth with third last week.
Tomac - not really sure what to do with him but I still think he's a top five rider.
13 - Will Hahn

I don't love leaving Reed out but he hasn't gotten in the top five in the last three races.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

Still going Dungey 1, Roczen 2 this time though. It'll be interesting to see if Roczen can maintain his current level. I'm pretty sure Dungey can but less so about Roczen - he was just great last race.

Yea if Roczen didn't get the holeshot last week it probably would have been another Dungey win. Not to take away anything from Roczen, it was an amazing ride, but Dungey was again/as always ON IT.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll screw it all up soon enough

1. Dungey
2. Roczen
3. Anderson
4. Seely
5. Canard
13. Will Hahn

Also: Stewart supposed to be back this weekend! Can't imagine a top 5 even if he finishes a race.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
well William Hahn better show up for 13th because it seems a few of us have him selected haha

1 Dungey
2 Roczen
3 Canard
4 Reed
5 Anderson
13 W. Hahn

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

The 250W races have been consistently awesome - let's hope east can stand up. I'll be updating our standings tonight.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

VTNewb posted:

The 250W races have been consistently awesome - let's hope east can stand up. I'll be updating our standings tonight.

Theoretically they should be even better, there doesn't seem to be a real clear guy in the east.

Jeremy Martin may be the tentative favorite, but he's definitely an outdoor guy racing in an indoor series. I hope he can turn it around and start doing well in supercross.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Was that Weimer stuck under the bike with his feet out like Wil E Coyote?

http://motocross.transworld.net/news/2016-atlanta-sx-shortnicolettihahn-update/#HWhQqL1w3Aj5p2lA.97

shacked up with Brenda fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 29, 2016

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

VTNewb posted:

Was that Weimer stuck under the bike with his feet out like Wil E Coyote?

http://motocross.transworld.net/news/2016-atlanta-sx-shortnicolettihahn-update/#HWhQqL1w3Aj5p2lA.97

Looks like Andrew Short. Was hard to tell, man that sucks. Wilbur broke his collarbone, dude cannot catch a break.

Man that was a fantasy killer weekend, if Marvin didn't throw it away I would have had 5 points this week, hah.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
1. Dungey
2. Roczen
3. Musquin
4. Tomac
5. Reed
7th - Canard

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
We killed Will Hahn. :(

dreesemonkey posted:

1. Dungey
2. Roczen
3. Musquin
4. Tomac
5. Reed
7th - Canard

You think Musquin is going to be consistently fast now?

1. Dungey
2. Roczen
3. Tomac
4. Seely
5. Reed
7. Millsaps

I'm curious to see when Dungey starts pulling off the throttle a little bit, if ever, just because he's so far ahead in points.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

We killed Will Hahn. :(

You think Musquin is going to be consistently fast now?

1. Dungey
2. Roczen
3. Tomac
4. Seely
5. Reed
7. Millsaps

I'm curious to see when Dungey starts pulling off the throttle a little bit, if ever, just because he's so far ahead in points.

Both valid points.

Musquin: Has the speed, and a rutty mess of an outdoorsy type track really suits him. Training at the baker's factory in the FL dirt might be an advantage. I do think he's going to be finishing up there pretty good if his starts are decent.

Dungey: I'm curious about the exact same thing. This week I think he'll still be up there because there is a lot of racing left. He never makes mistakes and his fitness is amazing, both of which you need on a longer, messy track. Even if his start is mediocre (which aside from A1 they haven't been), the longer race time should let him catch back up to a podium at least.

I may end up changing my #7, but Canard is probably a safe bet there. Canard, Anderson, Seely (since those two have beef now), Millsaps, Brayton, Peick, Reed, poo poo even Bagget might be there considering it's Daytona.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Was nice to see two new winners this weekend, but overall I felt the track was pretty bleh. The 250 class was exciting only because the top 4 were so close together but the track was so one-lined there was practically zero passing. Real pleased to see Jeremy Martin win, he seems like such a nice guy and hopefully he can keep improving indoors.

I wasn't paying that close of attention to the 450 race, I was trying to (and failing) to replace a battery on my watch so I didn't see a lot of it but I think it was less interesting. Nice job Tomac, though. If he stays healthy it will be interesting to see if he's that beastly outdoors like he was at the beginning of last year.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I agree. The track ended up with one, terrible line through much of it- and outside of that line was even worse. The last 7 laps of the 250 race were pretty hot and fun to watch (I for some reason, enjoy watching Malcom struggle). The 450 race was pretty boring.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

sup bros

I did my yearly witness of Daytona while on vacation here in FL. It was eh. Riding offroad all week though. Standings updated the end of the week.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Here are my picks right now, may be going out on a limb not including Anderson in the top 5 and putting Musquin in 2nd, but whatever. Also considering swapping Roczen and Tomac.

1. Dungey
2. Musquin
3. Roczen
4. Tomac
5. Seeley
9. Weimer

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I went

Dungey
Roczen
Reed
Tomac
Canard
Millsaps

Inshallah.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

EX250 Type R posted:

I went

Dungey
Roczen
Reed
Tomac
Canard
Millsaps

Inshallah.

I think Millsaps is out.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

thanks lol

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
If anyone is looking to put Pourcell in 9th, don't because he's also out for the weekend. Davalos isn't racing either due to Visa issues, which kinda sucks for the east championship.

http://racerxonline.com/2016/03/10/...+Racer+X+Online

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

welp thanks again

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

If anyone is looking to put Pourcell in 9th, don't because he's also out for the weekend. Davalos isn't racing either due to Visa issues, which kinda sucks for the east championship.

http://racerxonline.com/2016/03/10/...+Racer+X+Online

gonna kill will hahn again by picking him for 9th. RIP will hahn.

I don't even know what I'm doing at this point.

Dungey
Tomac - stupid tomac sucking when I picked him and then finally getting good again and now that I'm going to pick him he's going to suck again.
Musquin - I believe. As I type this out I really think I should be putting Roczen up here.
Roczen - ugh.
Anderson - I don't know what to do with Anderson and Seely.
Hahn - sorry to make you get injured again.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

gonna kill will hahn again by picking him for 9th. RIP will hahn.

I don't even know what I'm doing at this point.

Dungey
Tomac - stupid tomac sucking when I picked him and then finally getting good again and now that I'm going to pick him he's going to suck again.
Musquin - I believe. As I type this out I really think I should be putting Roczen up here.
Roczen - ugh.
Anderson - I don't know what to do with Anderson and Seely.
Hahn - sorry to make you get injured again.

Hahn is genuinely out out, probably for the remainder of the season. Josh Grant (coming out of literally no where last week for 7th) is rumored to be filling his seat for the rest of the season starting at Detroit (next week).

I think your picks look pretty good otherwise, though.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

Hahn is genuinely out out, probably for the remainder of the season. Josh Grant (coming out of literally no where last week for 7th) is rumored to be filling his seat for the rest of the season starting at Detroit (next week).

I think your picks look pretty good otherwise, though.

crap, I don't know why I thought he'd recovered.

Guess it's Brayton's turn then.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Big, long start again for Detroit. I think that's going to make me favor the consistently good starters like Dungey for the win. The wildcard is going to be tough to pick this week (15th).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfLL_3cbiZA

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Really close to my picks from last week. I'm real tempted to swap Musquin and Dungey.

1. Dungey
2. Musquin
3. Roczen
4. Seeley
5. Tomac
15. Alessi

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Dungey
Musquin
Tomac
Roczen
Anderson
Millsaps

Dammit, this is what I did last week too, just switching Musquin and Tomac. Musquin really does seem legit top 5 right now though.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

Dungey
Musquin
Tomac
Roczen
Anderson
Millsaps

Dammit, this is what I did last week too, just switching Musquin and Tomac. Musquin really does seem legit top 5 right now though.

Pretty sure Millsaps is still out.

Musquin is looking real good right now, his last three weeks he's been on the podium (2, 3, 2).

Chasing the dream part 2 was on Sunday night, anyone else watch it? Roczen is a slab of beef.

https://twitter.com/cbm_racing has a dailymotion link to it.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

Pretty sure Millsaps is still out.

Musquin is looking real good right now, his last three weeks he's been on the podium (2, 3, 2).

Chasing the dream part 2 was on Sunday night, anyone else watch it? Roczen is a slab of beef.

https://twitter.com/cbm_racing has a dailymotion link to it.

damnit. time to jinx tommy hahn.

Thanks for the link to chasing the dream part 2. Gonna watch between basketball games. I just wish Roczen was more stereotypically German. Then he'd be a fantastic villain. Maybe it's just proof positive that dirt bikes are like the rocky IV speech of real life.

edit: what the hell happened to Musquin? How did he suddenly become this good?

builds character fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 18, 2016

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

damnit. time to jinx tommy hahn.

Thanks for the link to chasing the dream part 2. Gonna watch between basketball games. I just wish Roczen was more stereotypically German. Then he'd be a fantastic villain. Maybe it's just proof positive that dirt bikes are like the rocky IV speech of real life.

I'm getting really good at telling people their picks are out. I do it out of love, not arrogance. Looks like Tommy Hahn is out, I guess he sprained his foot in Toronto, I just read it this morning. Here's the injury report:

http://racerxonline.com/2016/03/18/injury-report-detroit

If you ever miss a race, cbm_racing and slicknick610 are the dudes on twitter to follow for :files: cbm_racing actually has been doing live streams of the race on dailymotion.

builds character posted:

edit: what the hell happened to Musquin? How did he suddenly become this good?

At the beginning of the season he was still recovering from a wrist injury, I guess. With the exception of Rd1, he's been in the top 10 every week. I don't know much about him, but I THINK he was stuck in the 250 class longer than he should have been due to injuries. He's won international championships, so he's definitely good. I think he's about the same age as Dungey, too so he's not some young immature dude trying to figure it all out. Also he's on arguably the best bike/team and he has the best trainer.

Before the season begun I had (conveniently) thought he might be a big challenge to Dungey. So far he hasn't been, but he's definitely been getting closer.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

How have I not seen any flat tires in all my time watching supercross, but we have four across the past two rounds?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

VTNewb posted:

How have I not seen any flat tires in all my time watching supercross, but we have four across the past two rounds?

Yea the only one I ever remember seeing was a season or two ago in the outdoor nationals, I'm pretty sure Roczen was washing the front out and I was like "Oh crap, does he suck now?" but it turns out his front tire was flat and he finished the moto, haha... No clue what's going on with SX.

Pretty decent racing this weekend, I liked the track. If you watched the race but didn't check out any media afterwards, Dungey was docked two places for jumping while the red cross flags were out so the top three were Anderson, Musquin, Dungey.

A proud moment for me: I've been doing some data analysis on the results from this season. As of last week, Ryan Dungey's average position after lap 1 is 3.0. The next best average lap 1 position is Eli Tomac with a 6.1. I tweeted this out and it was mentioned on the pulpmx live race stream (Steve butchered it, but Travis got it right) :black101: I'm pretty sure I'm famous now.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Just so everyone knows we have an off week. Next weekend we'll be at Santa Clara for another round of the west coast.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

Just so everyone knows we have an off week. Next weekend we'll be at Santa Clara for another round of the west coast.

I'm still picking wil hahn to finish 15th. :colbert:

(or I could use the weekend to catch up on the last two weeks I've missed)

dreesemonkey posted:

Yea the only one I ever remember seeing was a season or two ago in the outdoor nationals, I'm pretty sure Roczen was washing the front out and I was like "Oh crap, does he suck now?" but it turns out his front tire was flat and he finished the moto, haha... No clue what's going on with SX.

Pretty decent racing this weekend, I liked the track. If you watched the race but didn't check out any media afterwards, Dungey was docked two places for jumping while the red cross flags were out so the top three were Anderson, Musquin, Dungey.

A proud moment for me: I've been doing some data analysis on the results from this season. As of last week, Ryan Dungey's average position after lap 1 is 3.0. The next best average lap 1 position is Eli Tomac with a 6.1. I tweeted this out and it was mentioned on the pulpmx live race stream (Steve butchered it, but Travis got it right) :black101: I'm pretty sure I'm famous now.

I heard that! Nice job. Don't forget the little people on your way to the top.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Racing in Santa Clara this weekend! I was lost over the weekend with no supercross or F1 to watch while I ignore my kids.

10th is the wildcard this weekend, could be a tough pick. I believe Barcia is coming back this week so if his health is good I could see him in the top 10. Currently eyeing Bogle for 10th.

Track map:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92XVyOsN0j0

There is a long set of whoops before the final 180 before the finish. I might sneak Chad Reed into my top 5 because he's typically very good in the whoops and it looks like a great passing opportunity. The rest of the track looks pretty one-rhythm so I'm not sure how that will lend to passing.

I think I'll still pick Dungey overall because he's got to be a ragemonster after the AMA took his win away.

1. Dungey
2. Roczen
3. Musquin
4. Anderson
5. Reed
10. Bogle

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Seeley is out for this weekend, Pourcell still out too. Stewart and Barcia back, though.

Feel free to keep picking Wil Hahn though. Positive thought may heal him.

http://racerxonline.com/2016/04/01/cole-seely-out-for-santa-clara

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I picked Dungey roczen musquin Anderson reed and Millsaps but it's all just throwing poo poo at a wall

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Dungey
Musquin
Anderson
Roczen
Seely
10- Barcia (in his return, pretty sure I finally picked someone who's not out with an injury)

Seems like Musquin is #2 right now. Dungey gonna be pissed after his "loss." Anderson is American and so is superior to the German. Chad Reed is old so he is out.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

builds character posted:

Dungey
Musquin
Anderson
Roczen
Seely
10- Barcia (in his return, pretty sure I finally picked someone who's not out with an injury)

Seems like Musquin is #2 right now. Dungey gonna be pissed after his "loss." Anderson is American and so is superior to the German. Chad Reed is old so he is out.

I hope your day job isn't to read things accurately and base decisions on it, the post above mine says Seely is outttt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

EX250 Type R posted:

I hope your day job isn't to read things accurately and base decisions on it, the post above mine says Seely is outttt

Just spotting everyone points so you can catch up. But it's not working. :sigh:

Also yes, I am not a smart man.

• Locked thread