Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
My freaky neighbors across the street were raising chickens and moved away 2 months ago. I believe my cat has befriended this lost rooster but I think it needs fed. Somewhat freaky that they'd abandon their city chickens, but I seen the lonely starving rooster, whom my cat has now befriended.
Any tips on capturing/fattening/slaughtering city chikens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

It's kind of weird to call a cat a pussy, but your cat befriended a prey bird, and so here we are.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Universe Master posted:

It's kind of weird to call a cat a pussy, but your cat befriended a prey bird, and so here we are.

pussy and cock friends forever

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
As a chicken farmer i feel like a person in ask/tell who has something to tell

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
This isna real loving rush

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
What breed of chicken is it. Its just one rooster i understand?

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
for real there's this forlorn rooster hanging out at a gutted house across the street. Pics after my coffee

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im assuming you dknt have working dogs to corner it for you.

#1 walk up to the rooster

#2 grab it by the leg (s). It wont be able to pull funny business with its wings that way.
It will also prevent bruising if you intend to butcher it.

If #2 fails just chase it and repeat attempt #2

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I got some oatmeal. Ill toss that in the yard.my cat should guide me. he's been tryna tell me poo poo's goin down

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The rooster will be very loud. poo poo evrywhere and not lay any eggs. I recommend eating it. The meat is tastier but tougher than a hen. Consider making a stock if it isnt a meat chicken.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

my poultry experience is that roosters are annoying assholes

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fatten it up until it's big enough your cat decides to eat it. hth

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Your gonna have to castrate it to really get it fat and ready to eat. It's testicles are on the inside so that requires a bit of surgery.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
coq au vin?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Train the rooster to be a cage fighter and have the birdie song as his theme music.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Expose it to GBS, the amount of irony will stun and likely kill it for easy mealtime.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Consider, op, that evenif you intend to eat it, bringing this rooster into your house makes it the coolest dude in your house, followed by your cat and your coffee maker

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Do you really want to give up third place?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Professor Shark posted:

Do you really want to give up third place?

if he kills and eats it he'll gain its power and get elevated to position #2

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Coffee maker's broken, I'm sort of tripping balls, there is a live unclaimed rooster behind a tiny rowhouse. Neighbors were weird; kepts chickens on our tiny ally. Today I saw the fucker hangin out

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Champenema posted:

Coffee maker's broken, I'm sort of tripping balls, there is a live unclaimed rooster behind a tiny rowhouse. Neighbors were weird; kepts chickens on our tiny ally. Today I saw the fucker hangin out

Either catch this chicken or close this thread im getting blue balls

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Roosevelt my cat and I are on this. I will delver pictures of this bereft city chicken!
But what do I do upon seizure of the animal?
Does anyone in GBS know about handling cocks?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

befriend the rooster
pet the cock

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
it'll need a coop, op. possums and coons will eat a chicken. you take that chicken and you love it.

you might need a net gun. roosters know kung fu and have raptor claws

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
use a small blanket or burlap sack if you dont already have a netgun. time is of the essence, op

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

if that rooster tries to attack you hold it upside down and gently pat it and softly tell him how pretty he is. that'll show him who's boss

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
Be careful OP. I once had a friend who was the nicest guy you'd ever meet but then one day he went and caught himself a chicken. All of a sudden he was the Big Man with the Chicken, didn't have any time for anyone any more, stopped returning calls just strutted around town with it. The ladies loved it of course, but his experiences were shallow and he lost the really deep connections he had once he became the Swanky Chicken Man

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

why not just go to kfc and spend $5 on a meal rather than going through a bunch of insane rooster-catching bullshit, op

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
There is a live rooster living at the vacant house across my street. Cat has come home from recon, but I need to intrude and get pics come daylight

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
As soon as ot hits 4am you should definitely be able to hear it

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Kill, defeather, cook, and eat the chicken in from of the cat

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Champenema posted:

Does anyone in GBS know about handling cocks?

Hold on I have ur mom on speed dial for these kinds of questions.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

You could get lots of help from us chicken folks in the PI chicken thread, here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3417601&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

But I'd suggest approaching the roo slowly, see if he's friendly or tame. Take along some food like grapes, bread, etc. to tempt him over to you with. Taking a minute to schmooze him with food, make friends and being able to just pick him up beats Hell outta chasing a chicken around the neighborhood. If you can't just walk over and pick him up, wait until it's starts to get dark, watch where he goes to roost and grab him after it's dark--chickens don't see well at night.

If you DO get a chance to grab him, make sure to trap his wings so he doesn't beat the tar out of you with them, and carry him using the 'football hold'--exactly what it sounds like, carry him under one arm, tucked up against your side like a football.

Lots of videos online on how to kill/pluck/process a chicken for table if that is what you want to do with him, otherwise I'd say take him to an animal shelter or put an ad on Craigslist for him.

I'd be curious to see a picture of him, tho!

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I tossed some oatmeal over the fence. It's weird how frackerboy and horneybutt pull up stakes and left. They left a chicken

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I think you could possibly kill a chicken with a club, perhaps a baseball bat.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Grab it by the base of the neck and yank the other way to break its neck. Clubbing would be very inhumane.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Velvet Sparrow posted:

grab him after it's dark--chickens don't see well at night.

night op

grab your infrared gogs and go after this fucker like osama bin laden

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Can't believe they they left a living cock, This is now a project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Take and post pictures of your new cock you bastard.

Preemptive 5

• Locked thread