Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Virtanen has been god-awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Not to mention the previous call, the missed goalie interference call in the first and the arbitrary crease violation calls and non calls.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Auston Matthews has not made his presence felt at all. Now would be a good time

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Yeah, I'm absolutely bracing myself for the inevitable come back and the fact that I sometimes receive Canadian TV signals so I can here the story of ~perseverance~

See, this is why I'm a pessimist.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

JoelJoel posted:

Not to mention the previous call, the missed goalie interference call in the first and the arbitrary crease violation calls and non calls.
The goalie interference call before the Werenski goal was a good call.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

You arent allowed to slash a guy after a play is blown dead, either. Both calls are ones that should be made 100% of the time.

When slashing is called after a whistle it's for antagonistic bullshit, not an attempt to break up a (now-dead) play.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

runoverbobby posted:

When slashing is called after a whistle it's for antagonistic bullshit, not an attempt to break up a (now-dead) play.
Its called because you cant slash someone.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

The goalie interference call before the Werenski goal was a good call.

Except how it wasn't. Goalie Ned was out of the crease and initiated contact.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
OH MATTHEWS, YOU NEED THAT ONE

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Its called because you cant slash someone.

You'd be totally fine with holding or tripping being called on an offside play too, then? You're a true officiating trailblazer.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Missing the third period at the Marlies game but former Team Canada dud Zach Fucale is in net for the IceCaps so I still feel that this is a topical post.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
riot

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

GOAL!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Bad tip.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Canada own goal!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Canadian D man guided that one in

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hey that was a bad goal to let in Canadian goalie.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Wait, don't get invested, don't get invested

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

OWN GOAL!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Shiiiiit

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
lol

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

YES! I HAVE HOPE NOW!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
USA USA USA

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Matthews!

This just got so good

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Panic :supaburn:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jordan7hm posted:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
McDonald has to play next game too :argh:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Lol someone lost Matthews

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Well, sorry thread that you had to listen to my pessimistic attitude. I would've never guessed this in a million years

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

that was a canada goalie goal for sure

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Canada's goalie is not good and also Auston Matthews is the poo poo

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jordan7hm posted:

It was

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Who gives a poo poo who tipped that into the slot, that was 100% on the goalie. What a terrible goal.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Canadian children worse than American children

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Well, sorry thread that you had to listen to my pessimistic attitude. I would've never guessed this in a million years

Nah it's the right choice.

Hell, it still is. Still 2m left to gently caress up.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Who's the third stringer?

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
I have an idea! Let's tip the Americans' point shots into our own net.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Carolina picked a good goalie evidently. Seems kinda..Hasek like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
congratulations to all of the Canadian fans who spent thousands of dollars on their vacation to Finland and got to watch their team lose to team USA.

• Locked thread