Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i know it's like every day right but today in particular is a good day for pagan nerds to eat poo poo. gently caress the solstice

example mean things to say: hey make like a TREE dorkwad! (because theyre tree huggers??!?)
or: hey why dont you sacrifice a virgin, that means kill yourself KABLAMMO

yeahg gently caress pagans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

loving pagans poop all over my car :argh:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

carl pagan's pozmos

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

vug posted:

hey make like a TREE dorkwad! (because theyre tree huggers??!?)

you probably have a xmas tree in your living room RIGHT NOW motherfucker

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

pagans can't sacrifice themselves as virgins because they're all sluts

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

pagans can't sacrifice themselves as virgins because they're all sluts

No poo poo that's why Wicker Man turned out the way it did. The first one, I mean, the weird one with underage nudity and bizarre musical numbers.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 22, 2015

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

vug posted:

i know it's like every day right but today in particular is a good day for pagan nerds to eat poo poo. gently caress the solstice

example mean things to say: hey make like a TREE dorkwad! (because theyre tree huggers??!?)
or: hey why dont you sacrifice a virgin, that means kill yourself KABLAMMO

yeahg gently caress pagans

what was his name?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

what was his name?

vug posted:

that means kill yourself KABLAMMO
His name was Kablammo Jerry please pay attention

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Planets dyin cloud

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bunch of computer nerds if you ask me.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Aren't the neopagans a razorbike gang!? GL, OP!

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

His name was Kablammo Jerry please pay attention

*read in a kramer voice*

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

As the planet dies their magic gets weaker.

Pagans are as big a special interest group as the oil companies ffs

They're in it for themselves

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Strategic Tea posted:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

A Stupid Baby posted:

*read in a kramer voice*
Jerry, you gotta hide me from those neopagan bikers! You don't have a tree Jerry! They need a tree or else they can't see me!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Jerry, you gotta hide me from those neopagan bikers! You don't have a tree Jerry! They need a tree or else they can't see me!

Something tells me that a gang of violent neopagans would be specifically focusing on people without a tree this time of year.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Strategic Tea posted:

Captain Planet is a neopagan thing or some poo poo. Yule know them when you see them, doing that magic crap. Worthless.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I bet even the original pagans from a long time ago were dorks

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Devils Affricate posted:

yah they were a bunch of homo larpers

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Devils Affricate posted:

actually they were insanely brutal and violent, probably not too far different from the aztecs tbh, and got whitewashed later on in the 20th century by nationalists trying to forge a uniform mythos

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
basically anytime someone tries to paint a past culture as being peace-loving you can bet your rear end they were as warlike or violent as whoever conquered them, they just lost

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
brutal and violent like the kid that yells lightning bolt in the shrieky voice in the famous larp viral video

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

basically anytime someone tries to paint a past culture as being peace-loving you can bet your rear end they were as warlike as whoever conquered them, they just lost

does anyone actually try to do that because i dont believe anyone has ever tried to paint the druids or vikings or romans or whoever as peaceful just more connected to the earth mother

naem
May 29, 2011

It's fun to hang out around hippie nerd weirdo pagans and act like an actual historically accurate murder Viking pagan ironically

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Something tells me that a gang of violent neopagans would be specifically focusing on people without a tree this time of year.
Pretty sure tree-hugging neopagans aren't in favor of a yearly tradition where an adolescent tree gets cut up with an axe and decorated with shiny plastic baubles only to be unceremoniously ditched in an alley days later.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

Boudica was a pagan, so this doesn't make any sense. She burned down the original London + was really hot.

She might've done better if she didn't trust in bunnies and goddesses for her military strategy, but she still did pretty well.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Boudica was a pagan, so this doesn't make any sense. She burned down the original London + was really hot.

She might've done better if she didn't trust in bunnies and goddesses for her military strategy, but she still did pretty well.

someone needs to write a Boudica / William Tecumseh Sherman slashfic

or find it for me for research purposes if it exists already

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Pretty sure tree-hugging neopagans aren't in favor of a yearly tradition where an adolescent tree gets cut up with an axe and decorated with shiny plastic baubles only to be unceremoniously ditched in an alley days later.

Pisslol.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

The point is they're all Jew-haters dumbo

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Women in pagan celtic & germanic tribes had a lot of stuff do to in war, bc those tribes would take their whole civilization to war with them on oxcarts. Heres what pagan ladies did in war before christianity made them all meek and poo poo

- common duties included feeding their men and mending their wounds, cheering on their men when they were doing well, talking poo poo and embarassing them if they fought poorly. often they would shame and terrify the men by screaming out what would happen to them and their children if they were to be captured as slaves (being captured and enslaved was commonly considered to be worse than death)

- another women's duty was sacrificing prisoners of war. romans reported that some of the tribal women would weave wreaths to adorn each prisoner's head, then lead him up to a big cauldron, where an older priestess would cut his throat over a sacrificial pot, and then other priestesses would carve him open and read his entrails and prophecize victory etc

- if a tribes warriors stopped fighting and started fleeing and wouldnt listen to the womens threats, the women would pick up swords and knives and spears and KILL. loving. EVERYTHING. Their own husbands, their brothers and fathers, their children, the enemy soldiers, everyone that ran toward them and everyone that ran away from them, it was the end of the world baby :arghfist::byodame:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The 2015 solstice is tomorrow, skippy.

Hail Satan.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
modern pagans arent real, OP. its just something people say to make themselves feel unique. they were neglected as children and have severe mental problems, faulty thinking, wannabe autism, etc. they arent special or loved and they should be ignored or killed depending on the severity of their mental illness.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Neopagan got caught in my zipper the other day, ended up having to tease all the nits out of my junk. Ain't worth it I tell ya. Also satan is real

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
yeah I liked the matrix too op

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
im not sure what modern pagan ladys do tho i dont think they war or sacrifice enemy fighters i think they just buy crystals and go to drum circles and put patchouli on there pussys

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Nigmaetcetera posted:

The point is they're all Jew-haters dumbo
Wait, and here I thought Jerry & Co. celebrated Festivus (for the rest-of-us) during Saturnalia!?
Don't forget, Jews are just as capable of hating on themselves as totally-real neopagan biker gangs are, so I'm not sure I see your point.

Regardless, all hail sweet Satan- may our hearts and minds be forever illuminated under his Luciferian lamplight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

whoflungpoop posted:

Women in pagan celtic & germanic tribes had a lot of stuff do to in war, bc those tribes would take their whole civilization to war with them on oxcarts. Heres what pagan ladies did in war before christianity made them all meek and poo poo

- common duties included feeding their men and mending their wounds, cheering on their men when they were doing well, talking poo poo and embarassing them if they fought poorly. often they would shame and terrify the men by screaming out what would happen to them and their children if they were to be captured as slaves (being captured and enslaved was commonly considered to be worse than death)

- another women's duty was sacrificing prisoners of war. romans reported that some of the tribal women would weave wreaths to adorn each prisoner's head, then lead him up to a big cauldron, where an older priestess would cut his throat over a sacrificial pot, and then other priestesses would carve him open and read his entrails and prophecize victory etc

- if a tribes warriors stopped fighting and started fleeing and wouldnt listen to the womens threats, the women would pick up swords and knives and spears and KILL. loving. EVERYTHING. Their own husbands, their brothers and fathers, their children, the enemy soldiers, everyone that ran toward them and everyone that ran away from them, it was the end of the world baby :arghfist::byodame:

Aka Christmastime at dads family's house

naem fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 22, 2015

• Locked thread