Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Got Bubble tracking in, so now I can avoid spawning colours that aren't in play any more.
And also Scoring and really really dodgy snapping that needs like..maybe two whole days of work, oh god.

Edit: Oh yeah and I have a start screen, it's an old one I never got to use

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afal
Sep 4, 2012

"Tubular! Catch you on the flip side!"
I still haven't done any of my game yet lmao I'm going to be on the Wall of Shame for sure

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Afal posted:

I still haven't done any of my game yet lmao I'm going to be on the Wall of Shame for sure

There's still time! Enough time to truly make Something Afal

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

WIP3 - ZAMBONI

Zamboni's story begins in the humble village where it grew up.

Zamboni has started Zambuperty and has grown a phallic battering-ram type appendage in its previously quite vaginal face hole.

An emotional exchange compels Zamboni to leave behind its family in search of the Joe Louis Arena.

Edit: This looks totally awesome

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
After playing 20ish years of Puzzle Bobble, even during the week as research, only now do I realise that the bubbles can never snap in a vertical line. :negative:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
I'm so bummed I didn't make more of an effort to get into this one, because I love watching the stuff people are coming up with. This poo poo is great.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat
gently caress everybody is so far along fuuuuck. :supaburn:

Also, this just in: level design is hard!

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

Afal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
Nazis are hard to sprite, so I changed the enemies to ghosts, which are also pretty un-chill.

Steampunk_Spoon
May 18, 2009
So i finally implemented my theme appropriate game mechanic, and it actually kind of works! (also less then one week left aaaaah)

http://webm.land/media/bRhy.webm

Also webm's are apparently a thing now.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Steampunk_Spoon posted:

So i finally implemented my theme appropriate game mechanic, and it actually kind of works! (also less then one week left aaaaah)

:stare: This one has legs.

GashouseGorilla
Nov 11, 2011

All of this stuff looks impressive! I'm just trying to get a functional game! :psyduck:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Ok with one exception snapping is working!

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Steampunk_Spoon posted:

This looks awesome.

... also what the gently caress is a webm? D:

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Shalinor posted:

This looks awesome.

... also what the gently caress is a webm? D:

Think of it like an animated gif, that's actually a video file.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

webm is to gif what png is to jpg

fnox
May 19, 2013

It's a music based shmup. I'll have a demo or something soon. Does anybody know a decent way to generate a hash from a music track? other than through metadata.

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAmhscPxdF0

Darts progresses. The AI is functioning good, after I fixed it then UE4 crashed and didn't save the fix, so I was really confused why it was broken again.

Next up, sound and ploishing.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
Progress has been significantly slowed because I forgot Europa is the smoothest solid object in the solar system. Stupid dumb idiot moon.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

fnox posted:

It's a music based shmup. I'll have a demo or something soon. Does anybody know a decent way to generate a hash from a music track? other than through metadata.

It says "chill shoot" (チルシュート) now instead of "chill shot" (チルショット), however if you want to go with chill shoot the dot should come after the ル, not the シ and the ー should be vertical in this case.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

fnox posted:

A perceptual hash or a cryptographic hash?

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

I havn't started yet, but that's okay.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I'll be jumping into the Wall of Shame this go 'round as I basically haven't done anything since day 1 and haven't held much interest in the theme; some of the stuff so far looks really good, so I pushed in a few bucks to the tip jar in penance.

Looking forward to the Gong Show either way, it's always good.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Here's an inventory item from my game:

fnox
May 19, 2013

Ekster posted:

It says "chill shoot" (チルシュート) now instead of "chill shot" (チルショット), however if you want to go with chill shoot the dot should come after the ル, not the シ and the ー should be vertical in this case.

it's actually Chillshoot, my designer made a slip there. but thank you i'll keep that in mind.

Jo posted:

A perceptual hash or a cryptographic hash?

didn't even know about perceptual hashes. huh.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Ok more snapping and stacking work from today. I finally fixed the problem of horizontally snapped bubbles holding on to each other. It totally broke my puzzle building stuff though seeing as everything tries to snap when I spawn it in, but I'm too exhausted from fixing this all weekend to really think about it :o

SharpenedSpoonv2
Aug 28, 2008

Shoehead posted:

Ok more snapping and stacking work from today. I finally fixed the problem of horizontally snapped bubbles holding on to each other. It totally broke my puzzle building stuff though seeing as everything tries to snap when I spawn it in, but I'm too exhausted from fixing this all weekend to really think about it :o
I'm so stoked to play this game!

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Same! Looks so good.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

My game looks pretty bad but I think I'm actually going to get it finished, which I'm very happy about, I never completed a game before.

Lemon fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 18, 2016

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I should probably work on something like level design or gameplay instead of title and game over graphics, but...

Public beta: http://josephcatrambone.com/games/chillgame_beta.jar No winning condition, but you can lose and move around and see how it feels. Basically nothing done. :effort:

Jo fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 18, 2016

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
PAESS ANY HEY

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

ALFbrot posted:

PAESS ANY HEY

lol

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

ALFbrot posted:

PAESS ANY HEY

Pixel fonts strike again

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I fixed it but now I kinda' wanna' unfix it.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
I think it's supposed to say "Press Any Key", but some of the letters appear similar to other letters.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

ALFbrot posted:

PAESS ANY HEY

This made me laugh way more than it should have.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Jo posted:

I should probably work on something like level design or gameplay instead of title and game over graphics, but...

Public beta: http://josephcatrambone.com/games/chillgame_beta.jar No winning condition, but you can lose and move around and see how it feels. Basically nothing done. :effort:

End screen centering seems strange to me:

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Fixed it. Uploading new copy with other bugfixes, too. Thanks. :)

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
Public beta of Murder, Death, Chill
http://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=2982
(press the Play button on the page)

Dont play if you are a judge and dont want to be spoiled i guess

Arrow keys + Z to control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead