Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat
I guess I'll be running solo or with one of the IRC goons. Team Adorable Animals will redeem itself after the irredeemable piece of poo poo that was Dum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
:supaburn: Almost time.

Still no idea where to start. Debating between...

Netflix and Chill: The Game. Ms PacMan has to avoid :dong: for the duration of a film. Eat popcorn. Carry-out cherries.

Short, Sweet, and to the Point: Cooking Ramsay. Tinder, for cakes. Randomly generated cakes which you swipe left to disapprove and right to approve. Maintain your culinary integrity.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
NotFlicksAndChill was in poor taste. Decided instead to have a tiny robot with a broken cooling fan that runs from cooler to cooler on its way to the repair shop.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Despite losing most of my time this weekend to social obligations, I managed to set aside a few minutes tonight to re-add TMX loading and character motion.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Get better Elentor. :(

By some miracle, I pulled myself off the couch and added region types for robot cooling.

Go tiny robot, go!

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Giggs posted:

gamejaaaaaam

Ship it.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Looks like most of you are really set as far as assets are concerned. :saddowns: For those of you who need more things, Kenney just released a new asset pack. http://kenney.itch.io/

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
gently caress everybody is so far along fuuuuck. :supaburn:

Also, this just in: level design is hard!

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

fnox posted:

It's a music based shmup. I'll have a demo or something soon. Does anybody know a decent way to generate a hash from a music track? other than through metadata.

A perceptual hash or a cryptographic hash?

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I should probably work on something like level design or gameplay instead of title and game over graphics, but...

Public beta: http://josephcatrambone.com/games/chillgame_beta.jar No winning condition, but you can lose and move around and see how it feels. Basically nothing done. :effort:

Jo fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 18, 2016

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I fixed it but now I kinda' wanna' unfix it.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Fixed it. Uploading new copy with other bugfixes, too. Thanks. :)

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

JonTerp posted:

You're gonna have a bad time.

Poe's law?

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Netfish and Krill?

Jo fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 19, 2016

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I'm debating just submitting my game as is to avoid risking missing the deadline. It's complete, but the level needs a ton of work to add challenge.

EDIT: I'm getting a 413 error from the server when trying to upload my zip. :(

EDIT: Newest public build until I can figure out that the fuckup is. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxkijDBoaFrmcUZEbld6MDJSZ2c/view?usp=sharing

Jo fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 21, 2016

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Xibanya posted:

Chill Robot by Team Adorable Animals

Graphics are simple but effective. Fun concept that reminds me of some game I played on the NES when I was a kid whose name escapes me at the moment. The small window works as a gameplay mechanic. The game requires a lot of trial and error but it doesn't seem arbitrary or unfair.

:3: Aww thanks. I was (am) worried it would be way too short. I'd planned to add a ton of stuff including pushable objects and a longer level, but ran out of time. Glad you still had fun.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Guess I should say the source on Chill Robot is open. https://github.com/JosephCatrambone/Chill It's duplicated from some earlier libGDX starter code, so there's a bunch of weird, inconsistent names (Space Shotguns, Metal Sky, etc).

I really want to do a bunch of microreviews of the games but I haven't had a spare moment to myself in weeks. Hope to do that this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

JonTerp posted:

Gong Show Day 2 starting now.

https://www.twitch.tv/sagamedev

:3: You guys are the best. I totally dig your review of Chill Robot and completely agree with most of the assessment. I really wanted to include some more inactive stuff and maybe dialogue, but I just didn't have the time.

I'm also really glad you got the pron reference.

• Locked thread