Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Wow, I had no idea this was going on! I'm definitely in, though I'm not sure if I can top Turbo Voynich Manuscript.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I finally got around to making a team page for Sexy Local Team in Your Area. I'm very thankful that the deadline was extended to when I already thought it was due!
Currently drawing Pulp Fiction for my Netflix and chill simulator starring a Mr. Freeze knock-off named Dr. Chill. I promise it won't be anywhere near as good as you're imagining.

Here's an old screen of the first phase with placeholder graphics (except the live action movie, that's final):

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 21, 2016

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

BossRighteous posted:

Why the hell is Fusion's default Active a green diamond anyway? Hasn't it been that way since K&P? It's just about the most useless placeholder imaginable. I'd rather everything be random colored squares.

Right? I don't remember it being in any program before MMF. If I'm remembering right it used to just open up the animation editor as soon as you chose where to create the object. God knows why they changed it.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Netflix and Dr. Chill (I really can't think of a good name to save my life) is coming along...

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Well, my game has been uploading for the past 30 minutes or so and is only at 30%. So much for this contest I guess. I really need to stop putting video files in these things.
The download link is here in case you want to play it anyway: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40370849/chill.exe

EDIT: oh hey it uploaded in time after all

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 23, 2016

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Netflicks and Chill Man

My game is a Netflix and chill simulator with everyone's favorite super villain Mr. Freeze Chill Man! Try and score with an anime girl named Booberina by watching "movies" and occasionally managing her HORNEY LEVEL meter by making ice puns, cuddling, and/or using karate.

DOWNLOAD

Atoramos posted:

Notable bugs I've ran into:
Netflix and Chill Man: Can't select Pulp Fiction, selecting either of the other two movies and she immediately peaces out to her home planet.

Oh gently caress, you're right. I've fixed the version on Dropbox so it should work properly now. But unfortunately the faulty one I originally uploaded is the same one that I put in the .zip file for the judges... So that means there's no chance of an actual working version of it being judged at all, right? :(

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 23, 2016

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

JonTerp posted:

That's correct. Gong Show uses judging versions as well.

Test your games!
Especially on other people's computers. I had assumed since Voynich worked fine on other peoples' systems that this one would too, and now all those hours I crammed in the last 3 days ended up going into making an instructions and game over screen simulator. Lesson learned.

I am kinda proud of some parts of the game though and want people to be able to experience them, so I may make a video play through of it later and hope someone clicks it.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Afal posted:

Netflicks and Chill Man - This was a lot like going back on newgrounds and playing those impossible games where you try to get the anime lady to be horney enough for her to show you her anime tity. I never beat those games and neither I could with this one. Also all the videos aren't showing so there's that as well.

Wait, the videos STILL don't show up? Aaaghh, I gotta figure out what the hell is going on.
But yeah, the Newgrounds thing was the basis behind it. But since it's dragged out for 3 and a half minutes each time I can only imagine how excruciating it must be with no video.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

:siren: Netflicks and Chill Man is finally working correctly!! :siren:

Download it here!
It won't be judged in the contest since the zip I sent had a broken version, but you should still try it! I hope the judges play it anyway.
And for the record, I used Netflicks instead of Netflix to keep the blatant-knockoffs-for-the-sake-of-avoiding-copyrights thing going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It's unfortunate that the submitted version of Netflix and Chill Man was broken and unplayable, but I hope at lest some of the judges played the fixed version on the site. Either way, though, making it was a fun way to pass 3 and a half days.

There was a great showing this contest so I look forward to seeing the winner!

• Locked thread