Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk I'm in CA - visible tattoos are hit or miss. Marketing, tech, coding, that kind of poo poo... no one really cares.

Try to work for a top corporate law firm with visible tattoos though, good loving luck. I get the feeling it wouldn't be chill to have neck and hand tats if you're a doctor, too.

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I think tattoos look good on young people and bad on old people. Personally I would be okay being old and with someone with old kind of bad looking tattoos but only if I had been banging them since they were young and the tattoos were hot, it seems like a reasonable trade to me.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also though most old people don't look good anyway so meh. Someone told me 'yeah but your thigh tattoo will look hosed up when you're 70 and wrinkled and my response was 'bro I'll be 70 and wrinkled I'm p sure a hosed up tattoo will be the least of my aesthetic problems at that point.'

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
A few of the younger guys in research have tats or more out there piercings and i don't think anyone really cares, but the majority don't. I don't think I've seen any inked up important people in my field but that could change in a generation I guess.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

Also though most old people don't look good anyway so meh. Someone told me 'yeah but your thigh tattoo will look hosed up when you're 70 and wrinkled and my response was 'bro I'll be 70 and wrinkled I'm p sure a hosed up tattoo will be the least of my aesthetic problems at that point.'

Yeah that's sorta what I would assume too, I just think if I hadn't been dating the person when they were young and doing stupid poo poo like getting tattoos then it would sort of be a constant reminder I missed out on their fun experimental phase. If the tattoo's gonna be there i wanna have seen it when it was still looking good.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah that's sorta what I would assume too, I just think if I hadn't been dating the person when they were young and doing stupid poo poo like getting tattoos then it would sort of be a constant reminder I missed out on their fun experimental phase. If the tattoo's gonna be there i wanna have seen it when it was still looking good.

Just only date twenty year olds problem solved

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

bobthedinosaur posted:

What bible belt hellholes are you guys coming from where tattoos are even a big deal?

Lived in the bible belt all my life, nobody here gives a poo poo so I'm at a loss. Are they still taboo in the states that only exist to grow corn or something?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
page 1: 'tattoos are super dumb and lame only trash people get them

page 3: 'i don't get it who even still cares about tattoos?'

:goonsay:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

This is on me.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

"Durr, i'm a retarded child who loves drawing stupid poo poo on myself or letting other people draw stupid poo poo on me"

This, except permanent, is what tattoos are. They are stupid poo poo for garbage idiots.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
ahahaha you nerds are all so lame

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
my tattoo lets me carry a reminder wherever i go of my babies -- Turk and Monster Truck

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

i'm old, and seeing tattoos on women meant she was a slut in the olden daze and now they all have tattoos i'm forced to assume they are all sluts just to be safe.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

rest in peace lil angels! i shoulda cracked a window :cry:

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Fat Jesus posted:

i'm old, and seeing tattoos on women meant she was a slut in the olden daze and now they all have tattoos i'm forced to assume they are all sluts just to be safe.

"All females are sluts" is pretty sound logic.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think that most people that have better things to do with their time than to get a tattoo

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

also men with tattoos tended to be good with a chain in a fight just like the ladies come to think of it but anyway now they're all weedy hipsters that faint if you raise your voice. tattoos are no longer useful to me as a ready reckoner

Moltke
May 13, 2009
Tattoo? Don't mind if I do!

Moltke fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 22, 2015

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
sometimes my lungs stop working and I start to choke and almost die of asphyxiation, but then I look at the tattoo on my wrist that says BREATHE and I'm so glad I got it to remind me

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Tramp stamps are forever.

It's proof that the girl is definitely into anal & has done "experimented"lesbian stuff with at least 4 of her girl friends. They can blame the wine coolers all they want...I know the truth.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

It's proof that the girl is definitely into anal & has done "experimented"lesbian stuff with at least 4 of her girl friends. They can blame the wine coolers all they want...I know the truth.

imo good; nothing worse than putting in all the effort and whatever and getting home to find out she won't even do anal

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Moridin920 posted:

imo good; nothing worse than putting in all the effort and whatever and getting home to find out she won't even do anal

Talked one into actually sticking a bottle of Crazy Horse in her love-hole back in the early 90's but she was full blown Catholic so y'know....YMMV, just let the tramp stamp be your guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2HK_nk0w0A

GORILLA BASTARD fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 22, 2015

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im.glad the games posters are here to drop the hard truths about tattoos, i said sarcastically

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Tattoos are bad and dumb, I'm so glad I was poor in college because I totally wanted to get a frattoo and would hate myself for it now if I did

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
1991 was a magical time. Lollapaloza had the Jim Rose Circus Side Show & helped bring tattoos, piercings & body art to the mainstream. The appropriation of the alternative scene by mainstream audiences was in effect. Since a picture is a thousand words, tattoos are a way for somebody to say something about themselves before they even open their mouth.

Personally, I have no tattoos. I bear no marks & fly no flags. Also, it allows me to be less recognizable in a police lineup.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

in vino veritas

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

huff puff tattoos are permanent abloo bloo hipsters hurf durf star citizennn

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BigBoss posted:

in vino veritas

Amen to that.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

bitmap posted:

huff puff tattoos are permanent abloo bloo hipsters hurf durf star citizennn

i bet you ride a bicycle and not because you have a DUI

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
tattoos are for dumbs and poors

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

the only tattoo i got is these numbers on my arm :(

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

BigBoss posted:

i bet you ride a bicycle and not because you have a DUI

"heh...look at that young guy on a bike with tattoos and a haircut...stupid idiot. dumb hip ster...I bet he listens to old records!"

"sorry? what did you say?"

*mumbles and sweats into his phone*

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

You say "P.sure" out loud?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Well, tattooing isn't really my cup of tea, but I'll admit it's an efficient way of keeping track of political prisoners.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
everyone who has tattoos shold be rounded up and put in a camp

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Nooner posted:

everyone who has tattoos shold be rounded up and put in a camp

but a nice camp where they can get away from distractions an really concentrate

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

You say "P.sure" out loud?

nah but I paraphrase when posting you know

I do say 'just loving lol bro' though.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

nah but I paraphrase when posting you know

you -- a good poster -- do not have to answer to him, a really bad poster

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I got a couple of tattoos they're pretty fun and expressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I wonder if any meaningful correlation could be made between posters who pop in from games and adtrw to air their misanthropic grievances regarding tattoos and cyclists and the posters who poo poo in threads about weed? hmmm???

• Locked thread