Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
He's muslim and a cool guy. We get along well. But now I am uncomfortable because I have no interest in become a terrorist. I mean a muslim.

He said just read a little bit. I said I read a little bit already (I did many years ago. It was that or the bible and I was bored.)

Anyway, I don't want to make things uncomfortable but feel this was inappropriate for the workplace. What should i do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
the same thing you'd do if he gave you a bible - get his rear end fired

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Waltzing Along posted:

He's muslim and a cool guy. We get along well. But now I am uncomfortable because I have no interest in become a terrorist. I mean a muslim.

He said just read a little bit. I said I read a little bit already (I did many years ago. It was that or the bible and I was bored.)

Anyway, I don't want to make things uncomfortable but feel this was inappropriate for the workplace. What should i do?

I think there's a hotline you can call for this

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

might wanna report him, can never be too safe

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
go buy a copy of Dianetics and give it to him tomorrow and ask him to read little bit of it

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
after you get him fired take a vacation in case he shoots up the pklace

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

City of Tampa posted:

go buy a copy of Dianetics and give it to him tomorrow and ask him to read little bit of it

Buy? I thought they were free.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

do you get any isis-y vibes from him?

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

get out of there its gonna blow!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us

probably go to this link OP

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

What should i do?

Convert.

Behemuff
Sep 23, 2010

but the eyes - never!
Start throwing rocks at a pillar and then trample a hundred people. Then hell be impressed, hth.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Waltzing Along posted:

Buy? I thought they were free.

you can probably get one for free but then you have to give your shipping address to scientology or go in person to a scientology place and that's a bad idea, better to just buy one at barnes and noble if they carry that poo poo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The scientologists offered me a free personality test when I walked past their church last night

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Just be like lol man I was gonna read it but it was just a bunch of squiggly rear end lines it must have been defective so I threw it out

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
also they have a loving HUGE christmas set up going on outside of the church which seems weird cause im pretty sure christmas doesnt raelly fit into scientology

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Nooner posted:

also they have a loving HUGE christmas set up going on outside of the church which seems weird cause im pretty sure christmas doesnt raelly fit into scientology

yeah they do that in Clearwater too and it doesn't say anything about scientology but i'm sure the music has subliminal messages or they are tracking everybody somehow

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
this used to be such a nice neighbourhood

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Waltzing Along posted:

What should i do?

Get a free stress test.

Become a Scientologist.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
where do you work op?

i hope he doesn't have access to critical infrastructure, like pizzahut delivery

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
refuse to convert

I hope he shoots you first

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Nooner posted:

The scientologists offered me a free personality test when I walked past their church last night

You better hope they're grading on a curve

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Read it.
Understand it.
Points out the logical, historical, impractical, and impossibility flaws in it.

Its just another religious text, most of its poo poo.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Waltzing Along posted:

tell him not to proselytize in the workplace

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

City of Tampa posted:

go buy a copy of Call of Cthulhu and give it to him and ask him to read a little bit of it

tell him you worship Cthulhu, the true lord of our world

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Give him this in return:

Should be a big hit.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

KennyLoggins posted:

Get a free stress test.

Become a Scientologist.

take a stress test but deliberately gently caress it up by being weird af. like lick the handle rods for the e-meter and say something like "these handles are as big as my dad's cock" to really weird them out

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Say the following words to his face

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't want to make things uncomfortable but feel this was inappropriate for the workplace.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I believe I met a Saudi prince and his handler at the after hours club Saturday night. The prince was trashed and kept showing me his Saudi passport while the handler told me he's bi but please don't tell his boss.
They were dressed like the 80's too.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Windows 98 posted:

Say the following words to his face

Is it actually that inappropriate? Maybe if op is a grade school student and the mussel man is a teacher but im p sure youre allowed to soft sell your stupid rear end religion or politics to co workers

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Pull an all nighter and read it cover to cover and have a lot of questions lined up for him in the morning

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

A Stupid Baby posted:

Is it actually that inappropriate? Maybe if op is a grade school student and the mussel man is a teacher but im p sure youre allowed to soft sell your stupid rear end religion or politics to co workers

I'm sure it's not against any rules. It's a convenient and easy way to stop the discussion, not accept the book (or do, up to you), and defuse the situation

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
That too

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Talk to him and tell him you appreciate him trying to connect with you but you're not interested in his religion. If he continues then report it to HR.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

man, can you imagine getting tag teamed by a saudi prince and his handler. both dressed like the 80's, glistening and smelling like ripe BO + cognac

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Tom Gorman posted:

man, can you imagine getting tag teamed by a saudi prince and his handler. both dressed like the 80's, glistening and smelling like ripe BO + cognac

can you imagine a saudi prince getting tag teamed after an unfortunate swipe on grindr? lol

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Learn it by heart OP, reciting Koran will be your get out of jail card the day his cell becomes active and he starts executing everyone at work.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

Buy him a bible. Tell him to just read a little bit.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hlaalu Akbar outlander

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Respond with a Book of Mormon. That'll shut him up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

strap a bomb to your chest and blow the whole loving place sky high

• Locked thread