Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Finally we are free: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11565399

quote:

Judge Dawson said there was an "overwhelming" amount of evidence that all four defendants should be surrendered to the US.

Botato's wife began crying as soon as the judge released his decision, as did other supporters of the defendants.

bye bye Kim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
can't be, he's unfuckable

pram
Jun 10, 2001
hes fat

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

that raid was 4 years ago? drat

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

bo-tay-tow? *grunt* boilem-mashem-stickeminastew boilem-mashem-boilem-boil-b-bo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

kim dot com is too good for this world...

...he should go to russia

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ltcCF_cAQ

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

this kills me every time i watch it. especially all the confetti at the end while he listlessly sits there like a giant fat pile of garbage

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

and all the people who come out to celebrate with him, and bring him a cake

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
MEGARACER is a good gamertag and i wish i had thought of it.

Old school cool

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
Does anyone else think it's weird that everyone is really insistent he should be extradited to a country he's never been to

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
megarace was a lovely game and i would not associate myself with it

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Sham bam bamina! posted:

megarace was a lovely game and i would not associate myself with it

Lance Boyle is a god

pram
Jun 10, 2001

mad.radhu posted:

Does anyone else think it's weird that everyone is really insistent he should be extradited to a country he's never been to

quit all the downloadin!!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

mad.radhu posted:

nope

if i order someone over the phone to murder somebody in a county i've never been to id fully expect to be able to be tried for murder in that county

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

mad.radhu posted:

Not really no

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I hope he appeals it and it takes like a decade to eventually lose the case, then he escapes to a country with no extradition treaty because lol gently caress the US

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
does he even have any money left for defense lawyers lol

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
kim dot com sounds a lot like a show that might be on the disney channel about a teenage girl with red hair and a web presence

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
lol at extralegal justice and letting the us run right over the checks and balances of your court system

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

kim dot com sounds a lot like a show that might be on the disney channel about a teenage girl with red hair and a web presence

no jailbait fantasies in yospos please you sick gently caress

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

suffix posted:

lol at extralegal justice and letting the us run right over the checks and balances of your court system

if nz wants to remain in the cool kids club they have to play by the rules and that includes turning over pirates who steal American© Intellectual Property™

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
came to see this

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

So how did he make 40 million in a year running a torrent site? Seems unpossible if it was ads.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Rivethead posted:

So how did he make 40 million in a year running a torrent site? Seems unpossible if it was ads.

probably people subscribing to get rid of the download limits

and ads/malware

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Rivethead posted:

it wasn't a torrent site it was a rapidshare-lite

you make money by setting traffic limits for people who don't sign up

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Fabricated posted:

I hope he appeals it and it takes like a decade to eventually lose the case, then he escapes to a country with no extradition treaty because lol gently caress the US

i hope they deliver him via a big cargo helicopter and they lower him to the courthouse steps on a harness like livestock

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

angry_keebler posted:

i hope they deliver him via a big cargo helicopter and they lower him to the courthouse steps on a harness like livestock

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

angry_keebler posted:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Don Lapre posted:

MEGARACER is a good gamertag and i wish i had thought of it.

Old school cool

theultimo posted:

Lance Boyle is a god

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

in this future, fat that kills isn't enough

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

angry_keebler posted:

After three years' legal wrangling, involving two supreme court cases and 10 separate delays in the proceedings, extradition proceedings finally got underway in an Auckland court on 21 September 2015. Because of his size and weight, Dotcom was allowed to have an ergonomic, specially designed chair brought into the courtroom.[97]

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Sham bam bamina! posted:

After three years' legal wrangling, involving two supreme court cases and 10 separate delays in the proceedings, extradition proceedings finally got underway in an Auckland court on 21 September 2015. Because of his size and weight, Dotcom was allowed to have an ergonomic, specially designed chair brought into the courtroom.[97]

No passenger[98] or cargo[99] airline was willing to take on the liability of transporting such a large person for a transpacific flight, so special arrangements were made to transfer Dotcom by boat to a military base in Australia where he was then loaded onto a scheduled US Air Force cargo jet mission.[100]

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Not a fan of Mr. Big really but I thought this was kind of messed up

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150326/18041530458/how-us-government-legally-stole-millions-kim-dotcom.shtml

Hasn't been found guilty of anything, but they've made a default judgement against his property regardless. Seems to me that should happen after being found guilty of something. Civil asset forfeiture in the US is really bad.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Sham bam bamina! posted:

lol

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I think we should just have one big world government

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

mishaq posted:

No passenger[98] or cargo[99] airline was willing to take on the liability of transporting such a large person for a transpacific flight, so special arrangements were made to transfer Dotcom by boat to a military base in Australia where he was then loaded onto a scheduled US Air Force cargo jet mission.[100]

Please be real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
he literally did get a special fatass chair

• Locked thread