Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skypizza
Dec 19, 2015

Geek
It was 4 AM last night, I had two more hours to kill before I had to get ready for Architecture school. So what should I do? oh why! Watch Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince! (for the tenth time in the past two years alone). Anyway as I was watching, half asleep, I couldn't help but fall in love with a certain piece of track that plays a few times, the soundtrack in particular is " 10. The Book". I stopped watching and went on youtube to repeatedly listen to that track, which was unfortunately less than two minutes in length.

I needed more of that vibe, so I read the comments and some people mentioned how Fable it sounds, my memory took me to the days I used to play fable and they were right, the Harry Potter track actually sounds something like a fable track " Oakvale (Track 02) ". The two tracks have a similar vibe, or melody if you may. I wish I could find more soundtracks like that. So until someone helps me find more, what about you sharing your favorite tracks that sound somewhat alike in this here handy thread?

Also the tracks:

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince - 10 - The Book
Fable Soundtrack - 2 - Oakvale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
The Trial song from Chrono Trigger is pretty much the trial song from The Wall, but I have a feeling that it's not a coincidence.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Well, here's an example that's definitely not a coincidence: the ambient music from the first mission in Mass Effect 2 and the title theme from Alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ5yDG6VIFI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9egQyLpEyI

• Locked thread