Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
about a year ago i started ironically watching kids react but pretty soon i found myself enjoying it and branched out into teens and elders react. now they've started adults react and i don't know what to make of it. at first i thought it was just an excuse to get the ex-teens back on but it's mainly just showing middle aged people popular Vines. i don't know what the fine bros were going for with this one. with the kids you have them saying cute things, the elders can talk about how times have changed and i assume most of the people who watch this stuff are teenagers so having teens react makes sense, but i don't know what the audience is meant to get out of watching a 38 year old man laugh at a funny vine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i've never put a finger in my butt before but don't let that think that i didn't thinka bout it once or twice

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
there are already too darn many middle aged people up in my interenet where they dont belong and i dont want any more of them, theyve got facebook and twitter to themselves now and that should be good enough for them

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

social vegan posted:

i've never put a finger in my butt before but don't let that think that i didn't thinka bout it once or twice

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
im having quite the reaction to this thread

:shrek:

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
i reacted to ur thread by pushing 1

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
im worried that as those in their 50s continue to learn how to mash buttons on their ipads-

my youtube viewing, video game playing, and posting talents could still not necessarily guarantee that i'm not replaced in this unemployment market

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The kids and teens react were kind of fun for like 3 episodes a piece until all of them discovered they were getting mildly internet famous and starting intentionally overreacting to everything to stand out

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Goddammit, this thread reminded me I'm going to have to deal with all my in-laws and their technology Christmas presents.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
This type of video is just another step in our collective societal infantilization. In 15 years we're all going to spend all our free hours on Peekaboo VR apps.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
that chick with the blue hair is cuuuuuute

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Aesop Poprock posted:

The kids and teens react were kind of fun for like 3 episodes a piece until all of them discovered they were getting mildly internet famous and starting intentionally overreacting to everything to stand out

i don't really like the teens react either for this reason but i think the kids and elders are pretty immune to it. it's still better than most react channels though because somebody else sets the videos up for them to react to so they're going in blind. i can't stand the channels where someone finds a popular video then records themselves reacting to it.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The youtubers react ones are bad

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

social vegan posted:

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
plus...heh heh...now that the teens react girls are on there i can express my...heh heh...appreciation for them without fear of judgement

:pedo:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
there's a bunch of small channels in korea where people get their friends to react to western stuff. it has potential because of the culture shock factor but they're all obsessed with reacting to celebrities and music videos.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

There was an Adults React to Pewdiepie video a couple years ago but I don't think that's the same thing as this

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3738375

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Is there a channel of people reacting to videos of people reacting to things yet, or is this an unexploited niche?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
So you work from home op?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
watching people watching memes is a meme

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920 posted:

watching people watching memes is a meme

watching people watching memes is not a meme but watching people watching memes is not a meme is a meme

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
Those "x react" videos are poo poo and the guys that make them are sellout bitches

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Laurenz posted:

Those "x react" videos are poo poo and the guys that make them are idiot bitches

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
why woudl you want to watch someone react

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

wiffle ball bat posted:

I thought it was gunny when the kids couldn't figure out how a vcr worked

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I thought it was gunny when the kids couldn't figure out how a vcr worked

That just makes me feel old

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Horniest Manticore posted:

that chick with the blue hair is cuuuuuute

This one?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

she got a hosed up grill but she's not ugly

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
it's time to take it to the next level, OP

start a youtube channel with recordings of yourself reacting to videos, then record your reaction to that, so on and so forth

then do this the rest of your life

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
they should do schizophrenics react. that'd be entertaining.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

it's time to take it to the next level, OP

start a youtube channel with recordings of yourself reacting to videos, then record your reaction to that, so on and so forth

then do this the rest of your life

wasn't this a south park episode

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Blue Train posted:

wasn't this a south park episode

I like south park

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

wiffle ball bat posted:

i imagine they are my friends

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The "Foreigner reacts to X food" ones are p funny.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Nooner posted:

I like south park

same

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
The ones with kids reacting to old technology are pretty cool. Or at least they are when the kids aren't trying to ham it up.

I have zero desire to watch anybody react to a Youtube video though.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
My reaction to most things is long bouts of silence followed by suicidal thoughts so it's nice to see human beings with real emotions letting me know how I should respond to things

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Blue Train posted:

she got a hosed up grill but she's not ugly

i can't stand to see the gums, i don't want the gums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
srsly vines?? jfc at least do ur ppl watching out in the public, get off the internet for crying out loud and go to like a park or a cafe with coffee or a pizza and some beer...and just sit back and watch the people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEV55fCkW80

• Locked thread