Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
Another great attic find of mine.

This great '77 or something 1-12 scale model of a freaking Harley Davidson.

I'm gonna build this, but I don't have model glue - just regular people glue. You know the one kind that's definitely not sticky enough and the other kind that just too loving sticky.

I'll figure it out.

drat, I wish it wasn't one of those ugly Harleys. Also I bet one super important piece is missing.

Still rad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
take a big drag off the glue after every piece you put together hth

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chinatown posted:

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
I will not build this now because I am going to bed soon. But I will be liveblogging it's building process.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i hope you break 1/12 of your spine

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
that thing is too small to ride, dude

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
waddle down to walgreens in the morning and pick up a little bottle of modeling glue, every corner store and bodega in the country has a little bottle of modeling glue, so you can get high, and make models. probably more to get high, but you have the rare opportunity to do both

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Make sure you get the t shirt, leather vest, and tattoo asap.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

skit herre posted:

I will not build this now because I am going to bed soon. But I will be liveblogging it's building process.

ugh cliffhanger thread

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
buy model glue and huff it op

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

skit herre posted:

I'm gonna build this, but I don't have model glue - just regular people glue. You know the one kind that's definitely not sticky enough and the other kind that just too loving sticky.

yo don't do this it will end in tears

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

skit herre posted:

Another great attic find of mine.

This great '77 or something 1-12 scale model of a freaking Harley Davidson.

I'll figure it out.

drat, I wish it wasn't one of those ugly Harleys. Also I bet one super important piece is missing.

Still rad though.

don't put the fairing, front fender, or bags on it, cut the back fender shorter and it'll be a bobber which is way cooler than some grandpa-style bagger. You'll probably have to modify the seat to make it look decent too

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
You need super/ model glue otherwise forget the whole thing. I know you are asleep but the second you wake up you need to get your poo poo together pronto on the glue front. Otherwise you will be entering a world of pain brother.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
You can only build this while Sons of Anarchy is blaring in the background.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Lonos Oboe posted:

You need super/ model glue otherwise forget the whole thing. I know you are asleep but the second you wake up you need to get your poo poo together pronto on the glue front. Otherwise you will be entering a world of pain brother.

even if you have glue its vaguely delicate work

i havent put together a model since i was 13 but the glue melts the plastic and paint so lol if you put even the slightest amount too much on each part

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cnK4W1qg18

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
No one here is mad at you OP, we just want you to do this right.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
I am going to start this project now. It might take me a few months or so, so show some patience with me

As mentioned I don't have hobby glue and I don't plan to buy any,, so here are my options.

I think Kunststoffkleber sounds good - or the good old glue gun

skit herre fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 25, 2015

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
you cant be serious with the glue gun

clear eyes full farts
Jul 3, 2007

the uk is just awful
It's a fake democracy
with free education and healthcare as long as you are a dosser and I am trapped here :(

the pattex will be fine

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
So I told you I was kind of slow. So let's get this started

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

LegoPirateNinja posted:

you cant be serious with the glue gun

seriously, you can't huff that!

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
Phew that was a lot of cutting. What would you say is the most efficient way

I might be done for the momen

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Cool so when did your dad leave

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You could probably stick the pieces together with your cum, in case you run out of glue.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
youll never be as cool as me, ive got a bar in my apartment with bulkhead lights, plimsoll lines and a 3.5 feet long scale model of the edmund fitzgerald

beats any gay harley

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Seems out of character of op to buy something the blocks the up skirt angle on his anime figures but I guess we all grow up someday

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dave Concepcion posted:

youll never be as cool as me, ive got a bar in my apartment with bulkhead lights, plimsoll lines and a 3.5 feet long scale model of the edmund fitzgerald

beats any gay harley

whats it like being a huge human being

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

its quite ok

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

i love it

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
OP you are dumb your failed attempt at posting glory cost you $85!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davidson-Scale-Model-FLH-1200-Classic-/281884419738?hash=item41a19ee69a:g:F7QAAOSwMTZWRllX

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I built a lot of models as a kid, they never turned out like the box because my dad never bought me the paint to go with it. Once put together an all gray Millenium Falcon.

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

This.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
HOLY SHIT I JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT BIRDS IN CAGES. DID YOU KNOW PUTTING BIRDS IN CAGES MAKES YOU LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER? CAUSE IT DOES AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KISS YOURSELF IF YOU EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING A BIRD IN A CAGE.

Chinatown posted:

Kick the doors of perception right off their hinges.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

drat even the model harleys are overpriced pieces of junk :smugdog:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Does the model leak oil and only have about 3° of lean angle?

Otherwise, nice to see someone building kits.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
Oh no not a 85€ loss. Imagine th Harley I will have in a few months though. So rad. I can put it on the coffee table and tell people it'd be worth 85€ if it was not built.

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

skit herre posted:

Oh no not a 85€ loss. Imagine th Harley I will have in a few months though. So rad. I can put it on the coffee table and tell people it'd be worth 85€ if it was not built.

There is a 90% chance they will ask if your retard son build it for you for christmas.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

skit herre posted:

I am going to start this project now.
As mentioned I don't have hobby glue and I don't plan to buy any,, so here are my options.

You are an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

its ok op ol' social vegan is here to help u save ur thread and take u from a zero to a hero

how? the solution is simple

u must take all the model motorcycle bits and hot glue them to ur dick like u built the model with ur dick instead of a chassis. With that, u'll never be forgot as skit here or whatever the man with the motorcycle dick.

posting from the gold mine *doff*

• Locked thread