Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
your greedy computer deeds have finally caught up with you and now your last chance is to heed the warnings of the three computers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
a man shows up to your door with THREE computers.. each of which will show you a harrowing glimpse into your past, present, and future. do you accept his offer?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
dont forget the ghost of christmas past

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
the ibm pc jr appears on your desk and gradually displays a series of 4 color 640x200 images that show you as a youth, happy and innocent, before you learned to copy that floppy.

the next image series is hard to make out, but it seems to show your girlfriend leaving you when you chose to fiddle with irq settings to get a pirated copy of wolfenstein running instead of going to a christmas party

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

a man shows up to your door with THREE computers.. each of which will show you a harrowing glimpse into your past, present, and future. do you accept his offer?

yeas

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
ok we have computer 1 computer 2, and computer 4... wait a dang minute!!

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

imagine four computers on the edge of a cliff. ghosts work the same way

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the 0th ghost, the 1st ghost and the 10th ghost :xd:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

qirex posted:

:peanut:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

qirex posted:

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

qirex posted:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
The Sun, the Ghost, and the Holy Circuit

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

qirex posted:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

qirex posted:

Nice!

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

startled, you sit down to enjoy some pirated games on your ps4 but wait a second, that's right, the ps4 is a computer too.

instead of booting up your ps4 makes a fairly spooky sound and then shows your neighbor's crippled kid crying and your neighbor (who's also your employee somehow? whatever) under his sink making dad noises because he can't afford a computer to search for local plumbers with a good angie's list score so he's too busy to go chritmas shopping for new crutches for his crybaby son

suddenly the view switches to a storm sewer and inside you can see hideo kojima frozen solid with a sad smile on his face. if only you hadn't pirated the phantom pain!

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

angry_keebler posted:

startled, you sit down to enjoy some pirated games on your ps4 but wait a second, that's right, the ps4 is a computer too.

instead of booting up your ps4 makes a fairly spooky sound and then shows your neighbor's crippled kid crying and your neighbor (who's also your employee somehow? whatever) under his sink making dad noises because he can't afford a computer to search for local plumbers with a good angie's list score so he's too busy to go chritmas shopping for new crutches for his crybaby son

suddenly the view switches to a storm sewer and inside you can see hideo kojima frozen solid with a sad smile on his face. if only you hadn't pirated the phantom pain!

gently caress! :wth:!!!!

pram
Jun 10, 2001

angry_keebler posted:

lol

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
    While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
“’Tis some visitor,” I muttered, “tapping at my chamber door—
            definately not linux lol linux has no sound”

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

angry_keebler posted:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
"Are these simulations of the things that will be, or are they simulations of things that may be only? Algorithms will enable certain code paths which, if perservered in, must hang, but if the algorithm be debugged, the program will terminate. Say it is thus!"

The computer was as Turing-complete as ever.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

angry_keebler posted:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

angry_keebler posted:

🍞

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

does angry keebler have his own emoticone now

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

angry_keebler posted:

your greedy computer deeds have finally caught up with you and now your last chance is to heed the warnings of the three computers

Abort, Retry & Fail

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
today? why sir, it's 0day

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

haha loafmarf

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Barnyard Protein posted:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

angry_keebler posted:

the ibm pc jr appears on your desk and gradually displays a series of 4 color 640x200 images that show you as a youth, happy and innocent, before you learned to copy that floppy.

the next image series is hard to make out, but it seems to show your girlfriend leaving you when you chose to fiddle with irq settings to get a pirated copy of wolfenstein running instead of going to a christmas party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8PelLIWD-E

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

angry_keebler posted:

a fairly spooky sound

Barnyard Protein posted:

qntm posted:

today? why sir, it's 0day

immolationsex
Sep 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I ENJOY RUINING STEAK LIKE A GODDAMN BARBARIAN
im the ghost of Christmas future,sufficiently advanced to be indistinguisthable from God. If you don't do everything in your power to bring about my existence, I'll make infinite simulations of you in my magnetic tapes and torturey ou forever
Bayesianisn says you'd better do as I say. :2spooky4u:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

you will be visited by three pandas.

they will eat all your fruits.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Silver Alicorn posted:

you will be visited by three pandas.

they will eat all your fruits.

will i at least learn an important lesson?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

you will learn the importance of conserving our planet's endangered species

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

you yank the power strip from the wall to kill the ps4, and as the screen goes black an ominous knocking begins to reverberate through your house. like a man possessed you storm down the hallway trying to find the source of the maddening knell.

with a sudden sinking feeling you realize the sound is coming from your computer room. as you crack open the door you see your monster gaming rig is gone, replaced by an oculus rift plugged in to a black laptop with a skull decal on the back covering up the glowing alienware logo

you slip on the headset and are transported to a vision of the future. your neighbor is laying dead in a pile plumbing tools and his cripple kid is ululating before he touches off a suicide bomb hidden in his very futuristic hover wheelchair. it turns out those fbi warnings you ignored were right all along; downloading a copy of ant-man was all the terrorists needed to recruit a sad neglected kid and turn him into the ultimate terror weapon.

the view dissolves and with a lurching motion that nearly makes you puke. you're transported to a dreary graveside service. two figures holding glowing umbrellas and wearing bright pastel metallic jumpsuits are crying next to a robot wearing a priest's paper collar. overcoming the nausea you realize it's your kid brother and his wife, only they look like they've aged 60 years. a sudden flash from the overcast sky shows the headstone in stark contrast

and oh no, they're burying you! that's right! if you don't fix your lowdown ways then on christmas day, 2072, you're going to die

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

angry_keebler posted:

you yank the power strip from the wall to kill the ps4, and as the screen goes black an ominous knocking begins to reverberate through your house. like a man possessed you storm down the hallway trying to find the source of the maddening knell.

with a sudden sinking feeling you realize the sound is coming from your computer room. as you crack open the door you see your monster gaming rig is gone, replaced by an oculus rift plugged in to a black laptop with a skull decal on the back covering up the glowing alienware logo

you slip on the headset and are transported to a vision of the future. your neighbor is laying dead in a pile plumbing tools and his cripple kid is ululating before he touches off a suicide bomb hidden in his very futuristic hover wheelchair. it turns out those fbi warnings you ignored were right all along; downloading a copy of ant-man was all the terrorists needed to recruit a sad neglected kid and turn him into the ultimate terror weapon.

the view dissolves and with a lurching motion that nearly makes you puke. you're transported to a dreary graveside service. two figures holding glowing umbrellas and wearing bright pastel metallic jumpsuits are crying next to a robot wearing a priest's paper collar. overcoming the nausea you realize it's your kid brother and his wife, only they look like they've aged 60 years. a sudden flash from the overcast sky shows the headstone in stark contrast

and oh no, they're burying you! that's right! if you don't fix your lowdown ways then on christmas day, 2072, you're going to die

lmbo

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

there are FOUR computers

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

bumping in honor of computer christmas, in july

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i thought that was october 31

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'