Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I put my idiot nerd son in military school or something. We don't speak. His mother handles that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

You shouldn't be looking for parenting advice in a dead comedy forum, op. If your son is turning into a nerd loser with no social skills, just pretend it isn't happening while you drink yourself to death to repent for loving up his upbringing.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Beat the little poo poo into submission during nightly drunken rampages. Then sell his organs on the black market for liquor money.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I was thinking about this the other day except I was thinking specifically about what I would do it my kid told me that they were a furry

I don't think I could accept them anymore tbqh

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Ehud posted:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ehud posted:

I was thinking about this the other day except I was thinking specifically about what I would do it my kid told me that they were a furry

Back in the old days a parents worst fears would be that their child turned out to be gay.

Now there's much much worse things out there

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.

CharlestonJew posted:

Back in the old days a parents worst fears would be that their child turned out to be gay.

Now there's much much worse things out there

My biggest fear is that my child will have Celiac disease or some stupid peanut allergy. It can be gayer than a queer octopus at a boner buffet so long as I don't have to stop eating foods I like.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

I.C. posted:

I put my idiot nerd son in military school or something. We don't speak. His mother handles that.

If you're not watching top gun with your son while licking your lips at the shower scenes it's no wonder you've failed.

Women don't know what kids need

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Finally, someone to cover my rear end in online games

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Ehud posted:

my worst nightmare

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
idk having a son means i've had sex with a woman at least once so at that point i'm pretty much set op

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Drop him in the inner city, give him $50 dollars, and a gun. Tell him hes going on an adventure.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Frankenstyle posted:

Same as my last two families. I "go out for cigarettes" and never look back.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Man this comic is so bad and always with the idiot author in the corner

The author is the idiot nerd son imo

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I was an idiot nerd at 12 so my dad:
- gave me all the cds of classic rock bands he listened to when he was young (that helped)
- would insist on talking about whatever during long drives (lived in Ohio) so he could better understand my opinions and desires and also lend his real world advice on women, finances, other people's behavior
- told me about all the mistakes he made as a teenage stoner surfer dude that kept him from going further in life

All said my dad turned me around by talking and connecting more.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Constant Hamprince posted:

idk having a son means i've had sex with a woman at least once

Alternatively, you have a son through artificial insemination, which means the above may not ever be the case.

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Toadvine posted:

- gave me all the cds of classic rock bands he listened to when he was young (that helped)
- would insist on talking about whatever during long drives (lived in Ohio) so he could better understand my opinions and desires and also lend his real world advice on women, finances, other people's behavior
- told me about all the mistakes he made as a teenage stoner surfer dude that kept him from going further in life

your dad is an awesome dad

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

huskarl_marx posted:

i cut clean through that gordian knot when i had my vasectomy at age 26

Lol Jesus christ. You should have swallowed the iron pill instead of submitting to being a feminazi slave.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Ahundredbux posted:

no way, kellys are always gold

are you one of those idiot jerkoffs who literally cannot find humor in any comic

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Constant Hamprince posted:

idk having a son means i've had sex with a woman at least once so at that point i'm pretty much set op

It just means your wife had to have sex though?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

ThirdPartyView posted:

Alternatively, you have a son through artificial insemination, which means the above may not ever be the case.

try breaking into womens' homes and jizzing in their underwear, hth

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

BuckarooBanzai posted:

It just means your wife had to have sex though?

lol cuck

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Toadvine posted:

my stepdad told me about how he was a stoner but fell rear end-backwards into opportunity that he wasted mostly on beer and coke and it didn't really help so i grew up and bought an sa account

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Shima Honnou posted:

my stepdad told me about how he was a stoner but fell rear end-backwards into opportunity that he wasted mostly on beer and coke and it didn't really help so i grew up and bought an sa account

Hey man,

We all bought an sa account

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

no way, kellys are always gold

are you one of those idiot jerkoffs who literally cannot find humor in any comic

Yeah

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Slowly start to convince him he's retarded. Send him to a camp for retarded children. Take photos of him whenever he is doing dumb things and keep those photos forever, break out the photo album and casually talk about how happy you are he found a girlfriend who was willing to take on such a huge responsibility. Start telling him it's ok if he wants you to you'll buy him diapers.

He will rebel against you. He will prove to you by any means necessary that he is the least retarded kid in the entire world. If you ever catch him playing with pokemon cards, or arguing with people on world of warcraft, take photos and videos. The reason you are doing so is because that's just what he is doing, you are doing nothing wrong by documenting it as his legal guardian.

Eventually he will get a job and move out of the house. But he will have over compensated and gotten too good a job leaving him no time to waste his life doing dumb nerd poo poo.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Ahundredbux posted:

Keep in mind that they always mean the opposite of what they seem to mean.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Nathilus posted:

Keep in mind that they always mean the opposite of what they seem to mean.

is that this 'irony' thing i keep hearing about

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Drive him into the deep forest on a fall day. Hand him a bottle of liquor and a tick collar. Tell him to come home in three full moon cycles. If he makes it back, problem solved. If not, problem solved.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

MiracleWhale posted:

is that this 'irony' thing i keep hearing about

Actually in this particular case I think we're talking about basic sarcasm. It could also be considered irony in one of its forms, but I always read that comic in my most sarcastic mental voice, and imagine the aythor rolling his eyes continuously as he makes them.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'll buy him an SA account and let goons raise him, same way my parents raised me.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

huskarl_marx posted:

flip this question around: what do you do if you kid starts to turn into a jocky bully

like real homoerotic poo poo like pantsing dudes, wiping his cum on other dudes as a gag or teabagging at slumber parties

how do you handle that?

What's the problem? He will be alpha and cool, just with dudes, which is totally normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

Wintermutant posted:

Tell your dad to post his own threads, OP

• Locked thread