Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
merry christmas everybody!! i got you all the beatles entire catalogue available NOW on your streaming service of choice! :smug:

*watches everybody go nuts with hype and boundless gratitude, a long smile meanwhile widening across entire face*

oh hey there's only one i forgot to mention... only the remastered stereo version of each album is available. mono is for idiot loser moron olds :smuggo:

*that "deal with it" meme where the sunglasses lowering over face happens here*

:argh: gently caress YOU assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
you should read this first post with BOTH of your eyes

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
tbh most ppl wouldnt even know what the gently caress u are talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlhM0gVvAzE

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mariana Horchata posted:

most ppl wouldnt even know what the gently caress u are talking about

:eng99:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The Beatles aer phat though.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Beach Boys supremacy

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
mono beetles sound dangerous. good band name tho i guess. oh hey i forgot to ask, wtf are you talking about, op?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Beach Boys supremacy

in terms of recording, yeah totally (in mono of course)...but still Sgt. Pepper's was largely responsible for triggering Brian Wilson's finest madness (as well as the copious amounts of LSD, :420:, and the traumatic childhood of course).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95pdkVSHIVY

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Dec 25, 2015

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

dad gay. so what posted:

mono beetles sound dangerous. good band name tho i guess. oh hey i forgot to ask, wtf are you talking about, op?

you have failed me for the last time, dgsw (star wars)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I don't really care about the beetles

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Nooner posted:

I don't really care about the beetles

yeah but i want to post anyways :(

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I read the catcher in the rye and now I want to shoot John Lennon

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byVBP_W0Lic

e: With all due respect to Miss Horchata.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

you have failed me for the last time, dgsw (star wars)

i program binary load lifters, very similuur to urrr. hold on. *looks at jawa* GET AWAY FROM MY CAR! fuckin fucccks. poo poo. fuckit man. poo poo sorry, the lifters are kinda similar to your lovely moisture vaporators or whatever the gently caress you do in this poo poo hole *screaming now* GOD JUST GIVE ME A loving REASON anywhos i dont have a dick or anything so iff yer looking fer that poo poo you got screwed bro ( star wars)

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
what about the Apples in Stereo? are they really any good for real? what songs of theirs should i listen to first??

dad gay. so what posted:

i program binary load lifters, very similuur to urrr. hold on. *looks at jawa* GET AWAY FROM MY CAR! fuckin fucccks. poo poo. fuckit man. poo poo sorry, the lifters are kinda similar to your lovely moisture vaporators or whatever the gently caress you do in this poo poo hole *screaming now* GOD JUST GIVE ME A loving REASON anywhos i dont have a dick or anything so iff yer looking fer that poo poo you got screwed bro ( star wars)

*utini*

I.C. posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byVBP_W0Lic

e: With all due respect to Miss Horchata.

that reminds me of ppl that spend 10-20hrs composing popular songs on Mario Paint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK_tRZV2BUY

dad gay. so what posted:

let it be you filthy gently caress, merry christmas

so Phil Spector version or McCartney's 'Let it be, Naked'?? merry christmas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQqV_LRAwrM

just listen to those lyrics...deep stuff man :rznv:
| /
|/

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 25, 2015

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mariana Horchata posted:

what about the Apples in Stereo? are they really any good for real? what songs of theirs should i listen to first??

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress the beatles and gently caress the baby boome4ers

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I read the catcher in the rye and now I want to shoot John Lennon

i read this post and now i want to shoot you

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
um i think people are assuming everyone has a computer. um, hello? how loving white. gently caress you allah akbar mother ficker

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mariana Horchata posted:

i like some pretty bad indie music but no.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

dad gay. so what posted:

that caterpillar who's like "WHOOOO are YOUUUUuu ah" that is you. and everyone loves that son of a gun even though he's a big jerk.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Broenheim posted:

i read this post and now i want to shoot you

Harsh but fair

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
oh no not lennon ! imagineee allll t he peopllleeee *punches yokos face* *ties off*

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I don't really understand this thread, but a few months ago I sat down and just listened to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band all the way through. I was completely sober and I was still just goddamn, this is amazing poo poo. Even poo poo like Fixing a Hole, just goddamn.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

I don't really understand this thread, but a few months ago I sat down and just listened to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band all the way through. I was completely sober and I was still just goddamn, this is amazing poo poo. Even poo poo like Fixing a Hole, just goddamn.

yeah you're right one of the most respected and highly praised albums of all times is :siren: good :siren:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

thathonkey posted:

yeah you're right one of the most respected and highly praised albums of all times is :siren: good :siren:

The point is that most people just parrot that and have never actually sat down and listened to it all the way through. It was quite enjoyable and I recommend it.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

The point is that most people just parrot that and have never actually sat down and listened to it all the way through. It was quite enjoyable and I recommend it.

check out the bee gees version on film. amazing.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
getting high with a little help from my friendsssssss

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

A dozen tiny feet in those gold curled shoes. All indignant a such.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
you sat through all of sgt peppers? no loving way dude. impossible

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I saw this on the news yesterday and from the tone of the story you'd think the beatles had locked their music away in a vault and forbidden all play for the last decade.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Moon Atari posted:

I saw this on the news yesterday and from the tone of the story you'd think the beatles had locked their music away in a vault and forbidden all play for the last decade.

they practically do

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

thathonkey posted:

i like some pretty bad indie music but no.

ok thanks just checking in case i was missing out or something.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

gently caress the beatles, and steve jobs

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

setafd posted:

they practically do

Well except for having their music available through every source besides streaming (until now), licensing it to fill entire movie soundtracks, rereleasing greatest hit compilations every couple of years and doing everything short of touring with holograms of their dead members.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

One time I was listening to the Beatles on my iPod and my headphones broke so only one channel was playing and "When I'm 64" turned into an instrumental with the most annoying clarinet solo of all time.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

BeefThief posted:

gently caress steve jobs

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Joe Cocker did a better job with A Little Help From My Friends

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

OctoberBlues posted:

When you become familiar with it, then listen to the original mono version, you'll realize the mono sounds so much better (also the case for their other mono albums). But that's nerd level stuff. Just the fact that you love it regardless means you "get it" and that's cool brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Beach Boys supremacy

• Locked thread