Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithra6
Jan 24, 2006

Elvis is dead, Sinatra is dead, and me I feel also not so good.
I only like The Silver Beatles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

The Rage posted:

Joe Cocker did a better job with A Little Help From My Friends

yeah he stole that one completely and made his own simultaneously

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

beatlegs posted:

When you become familiar with it, then listen to the original mono version, you'll realize the mono sounds so much better (also the case for their other mono albums). But that's nerd level stuff. Just the fact that you love it regardless means you "get it" and that's cool brother

This is the correct answer. The Beatles/George Martin would spend all day getting the mono mix just right. Stereo was an after thought.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 26, 2015

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I love that in the 1960s "stereo" was for hi-fi audio nerds and the Beatles hated it and now fuckers who are "hi-fi audio nerds" pine about the days of mono sound.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
were all the beatles albums recorded in mono? i remember when i was growing up thinking cool it was when they'd put all the drums on one channel like who the gently caress does that thats so crazy. who handled the stereo remasters was it sir george martin himself?

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Music is for loving idiots holy poo poo

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Doctor J Off posted:

Music is for loving idiots holy poo poo

Merry Christmas to you too!

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

OctoberBlues posted:

Merry Christmas to you too!

Merry...? Oh poo poo better call mum

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art

This is some biting analysis from a literal retard

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
rock music used to be a respectable career but now its a thing dads do to embarrass their kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

wiffle ball bat posted:

rock music used to be a respectable career but now its a thing dads do to embarrass their kids

It's not respectable unless you're rich and famous by 27 but you're right. It used to be something that would embarrass someone's parents. Now it's the music of olds and they embarrass their children.

• Locked thread