Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
It looks good and everyone is talking about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxgbdYaR_KQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
no

Crash Fistfight
Mar 29, 2007

First now I understood the true complexity of women.
Yes, it's good

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

lol he murdered that lady no question

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I've been watching "The Cleveland Show" on Netflix.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Zazi posted:

lol he murdered that lady no question

Seriously the dude killed a cat and pulled a gun and his dick out on his cousin and everyone is saying he's innocent because of his saintly works such as "didn't rape a woman one time"

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

starry skies above posted:

It looks good and everyone is talking about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxgbdYaR_KQ

That jail sound at the beginning is a sound effect in some drat game that I've played.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
that guy looks goofy as gently caress, it was easy to murder that lady cause she was probably laughing at his dumb hair

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
no but i have watched some of it on youtube now

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Netflix = Soma

go outside sheeple

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
just watch thin blue line instead it's basically the same thing and it's actually good

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Nope

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I wish I could murder op

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm almost done with it, its pretty hosed up stuff and its crazy that the documentary dudes were there for like ten years

really enjoyable though if you can handle long courtroom stuff

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this movie is essentially trivial because all white people are murderers.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

ArmZ posted:

this movie is essentially trivial because all white people are murderers.

if your race aint murdered another you really are not a race. Controversial? Maybe.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
You should watch The Act of Killing (greatest doc ever head and shoulders transcend the genre for reals and it came out in 2014) and the Thin Blue Line first op.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the jinx is muuuuch better htan this but this is still good

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Grem posted:

Seriously the dude killed a cat and pulled a gun and his dick out on his cousin and everyone is saying he's innocent because of his saintly works such as "didn't rape a woman one time"

Yeah he happily admitted to taking the family cat, dousing it with gasoline, and setting it on fire. But no, this is not a violent man; you must have sympathy for him (sign my petition at change.org)

Fonzarelli posted:

the jinx is muuuuch better htan this but this is still good

Hell yeah Jinx was better. The drat documentary introduced new evidence and resulted in his arrest for Christ sakes. What other documentary has that ever happened with in history.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
yea

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Gaunab posted:

I wish I could murder op

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

WISCONSIN

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I thought they were just heavily pumping their new show and that's why its pasted all over netflix. So I avoided it. Ditto that show about the hot junkie chick from breaking bad being a detective/ Although I think i read somewhere here that she likes taking it up the butt on the show, so I may check that one out.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Supposedly anonymous will be releasing documentation proving the guy's innocence: http://www.businessinsider.com/anonymous-helps-making-a-murderer-subject-steven-avery-2015-12

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah and imo the prosecution failed to prove 'beyond a reasonable doubt' that the dude killed that woman and imo he got hella railroaded

the evidence seal being broken on the blood vial with a syringe needle sized hole on the vial itself is a hella smoking gun and also the state's version of events where he burned her body and then for some reason carried some of her bones to a secondary drop point made no sense at all.

it also didn't make sense that the car was found where it was or as fast as it was. surely if he killed her he could have used the car crusher that was right there to dispose of any evidence instead of just leaving it out to be easily found.

oh and it made no sense at all that the cop ran the plates on the car 2-3 days before it was found but after the woman was murdered. like no loving sense at all. he said he wasn't looking at the car when he ran the plates but he loving obviously was because what he just pulled the plate numbers from the aether?

and the nephew's statement/confession was so hosed up and led on that I'm amazed it resulted in a trial or was even evidence in Steven Avery's trial. bullshit confessions get tossed out all the time, they're hardly a golden bullet.

and doing 7 searches of his property is loving weird, as is the car key being found 'in plain sight' on search #3 by an officer who wasn't supposed to be in there due to previous conflicts of interest.

oh and it makes no sense that the concrete in his garage (where the state says he killed her) has none of the victim's DNA. The state said 'well he cleaned it with bleach' but the forensics analyst admitted that if that was the case there would be NO dna on the concrete but Avery's dna was in fact present (presumably because uh it's his fuckin' garage lol).

That whole case was hosed.

dude hosed up by not opting for the mistrial - I get that he probably wanted it to be over with but dang dude.

The Dregs posted:

I thought they were just heavily pumping their new show and that's why its pasted all over netflix. So I avoided it.

it's worth watching

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 29, 2015

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
I will play devil's advocate here and say this is a pretty good post from Reddit from someone who thinks he's guilty:

Circumstantial Evidence

Theresa visits Steven, who has specifically requested her. He is the last known person to see her alive. He calls her three times that day—twice with *67, but the last time without it.

Experts say Theresa was shot with a .22, just like the one in Steven Avery’s room.

Steve has a bonfire the night of the murder. Theresa’s burnt bones are found throughout his yard.

According to Brendan’s mom, Brendan came home the night of the murder with bleach on his jeans and told her he was helping Steven clean the garage. His jeans with bleach on them are submitted as evidence.

DNA:

Steve’s and Theresa’s blood is found in Theresa’s car, and Steve has a cut on his finger.

Steve’s sweat is found on the hood latch of the car.

Theresa’s DNA is found on a bullet in the garage.

Character:

Characterized as manipulative by his family and prone to outbursts of anger. Almost no one in his family believes he’s innocent.

Theresa supposedly finds him creepy and requests not to go over there anymore after he answers his door in only a towel.

1985 and before:

Robbed a bar.

Doused a cat in gasoline and threw it in the fire, killing it.

Ran a female relative off the road and pointed a gun at her head. 6 of his 18 years in prison are spent for this crime.

In prison:

Wrote disturbing letters to ex-wife and kids about killing his ex-wife.

Supposedly told inmates about plans for a torture chamber and how burning a body is best for getting rid of DNA.

2003 and after:

In early 2006, Steven Avery’s relative accuses him of sexually assaulting her in 2004 when she was 16 (it was investigated in 2004, but she did not admit to it then because he threatened to kill her family if she did). If Avery wasn’t convicted of murder, he was going to be charged for this.

Police tampering:

Manitowoc police are involved in some of the crime scene investigation, but there is no direct evidence of any tampering, only speculation.

The hole in the blood vial is perfectly normal (as pointed out several times here, never in the documentary). While the ripped tape is weird, the FBI’s EDTA test showed EDTA in the vial but not in the car stains, leading there to be no legitimate reason to believe blood was planted in the car.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Moridin920 posted:

the evidence seal being broken on the blood vial with a syringe needle sized hole on the vial itself is a hella smoking gun and also the state's version of events where he burned her body and then for some reason carried some of her bones to a secondary drop point made no sense at all.

Supposedly the needle hole in the vial is actually pretty common and the defense lawyers made it like some big issue for no reason. I admit at first it was fishy as hell.

Moridin920 posted:

oh and it made no sense at all that the cop ran the plates on the car 2-3 days before it was found but after the woman was murdered. like no loving sense at all. he said he wasn't looking at the car when he ran the plates but he loving obviously was because what he just pulled the plate numbers from the aether?

There is a theory that he could have seen the car parked on Avery's property, and was lying on the stand because he did not yet have permission to search his property.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk I watched it and I was legit angry and felt really bad for the dude because it's so loving obvious that he is innocent given the evidence and given the fuckery with the officers involved.

even after forensic evidence exonerated the dude of the rape people prosecuting him still thought he was guilty of it solely based on some idiot secretary at the police station going 'oh that sounds like steve avery'

regardless of anything the Calumet sheriff's office promised the public that the officers from Manitowoc wouldn't participate in the investigation and that was a total lie as it turns out. Then the officers whine when their behavior is questioned regarding the planting of evidence? Pffffffffff suck a dick.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Melmac posted:

The hole in the blood vial is perfectly normal (as pointed out several times here, never in the documentary). While the ripped tape is weird, the FBI’s EDTA test showed EDTA in the vial but not in the car stains, leading there to be no legitimate reason to believe blood was planted in the car.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Supposedly the needle hole in the vial is actually pretty common and the defense lawyers made it like some big issue for no reason. I admit at first it was fishy as hell.

There is a theory that he could have seen the car parked on Avery's property, and was lying on the stand because he did not yet have permission to search his property.

If evidence of a crime or an ongoing crime is in plain sight you don't need permission to search. No idea about the needle hole in the vial so maybe that's true but either way the evidence tape being ripped shows a clear mishandling of evidence that throws into doubt the state's version of events.

quote:

Manitowoc police are involved in some of the crime scene investigation,

And the sheriffs said this wouldn't happen at all due to conflicts of interest so that was a misleading of the public for sure.

And the EDTA test is unclear - the negative result DOES NOT mean there is no EDTA, it just means it wasn't detected on that test. As the 3rd party chemist stated. She also said it was ridiculous to assume that none of the samples had EDTA based on testing half of them. The FBI discontinued this test for a reason and it was only done at the special request of the Manitowoc county police.

quote:

I will play devil's advocate here and say this is a pretty good post from Reddit from someone who thinks he's guilty:

Circumstantial Evidence

Theresa visits Steven, who has specifically requested her. He is the last known person to see her alive. He calls her three times that day—twice with *67, but the last time without it.

Experts say Theresa was shot with a .22, just like the one in Steven Avery’s room.

Steve has a bonfire the night of the murder. Theresa’s burnt bones are found throughout his yard.

According to Brendan’s mom, Brendan came home the night of the murder with bleach on his jeans and told her he was helping Steven clean the garage. His jeans with bleach on them are submitted as evidence.

DNA:

Steve’s and Theresa’s blood is found in Theresa’s car, and Steve has a cut on his finger.

Steve’s sweat is found on the hood latch of the car.

Theresa’s DNA is found on a bullet in the garage.

Character:

Characterized as manipulative by his family and prone to outbursts of anger. Almost no one in his family believes he’s innocent.

Theresa supposedly finds him creepy and requests not to go over there anymore after he answers his door in only a towel.

1985 and before:

Robbed a bar.

Doused a cat in gasoline and threw it in the fire, killing it.

Ran a female relative off the road and pointed a gun at her head. 6 of his 18 years in prison are spent for this crime.

In prison:

Wrote disturbing letters to ex-wife and kids about killing his ex-wife.

Supposedly told inmates about plans for a torture chamber and how burning a body is best for getting rid of DNA.

2003 and after:

In early 2006, Steven Avery’s relative accuses him of sexually assaulting her in 2004 when she was 16 (it was investigated in 2004, but she did not admit to it then because he threatened to kill her family if she did). If Avery wasn’t convicted of murder, he was going to be charged for this.

And this is all 100% circumstantial evidence. I mean it's pretty glaring I suppose if true but dude was never a model citizen and I feel like there was no presumption of innocence and the state failed to prove 'beyond a reasonable doubt' that he killed her.

The nephew's confession was weird as gently caress, too.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
I feel so terrible for Brendan Dassey in the end. He should have been the focus of the documentary. He's the one that should have websites named after him.

Moridin920 posted:

And this is all 100% circumstantial evidence. I mean it's pretty glaring I suppose if true but dude was never a model citizen and I feel like there was no presumption of innocence and the state failed to prove 'beyond a reasonable doubt' that he killed her.

Yeah but you could easily argue that claiming all of this evidence was planted is purely circumstantial. There's no hard proof of that either.

He probably should have gotten a mistrial. The nephew should have never even been arrested at all. A lot of people also think it's possible Avery did do it but the police planted evidence just to make drat sure he got convicted.

If she was killed by a crooked cop, how the hell did they know she was going to go to Avery's house that day?

jenny jones fan fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 29, 2015

ehhhhhhnnnnnn
Jun 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Melmac posted:

Yeah he happily admitted to taking the family cat, dousing it with gasoline, and setting it on fire. But no, this is not a violent man; you must have sympathy for him (sign my petition at change.org)

Hell yeah Jinx was better. The drat documentary introduced new evidence and resulted in his arrest for Christ sakes. What other documentary has that ever happened with in history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_Lost:_The_Child_Murders_at_Robin_Hood_Hills

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I watched the first part and it made me so sick I went out and killed the nearest US Senator.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

When he was 20, Avery and another man pleaded guilty to animal cruelty after pouring gasoline and oil on Avery's cat and throwing it, alive, into a fire; Avery was sentenced to prison again for that crime.

Avery's entire life has been one big cosmic bundle of karma, gently caress Avery I hope he continues to rot in jail.

The cops were douchebags but I understand the hate-on for the creepy nutter. I'd gently caress him over too.
:dealwithit:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Grem posted:

I don't think those crimes make him a murderer necessarily and I'm saying he could be innocent because the state 100% hosed up their handling of the investigation both in the murder and the rape he was charged with.

I think it's funny that goons (and other internet people too) consider cats to be the end all be all like 'if you hurt a cat you are clearly the same as ISIS.' Some people are just hosed up a bit that doesn't make them serial killers automatically. Where is 'innocent until proven guilty?'

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

i didnt watch much of this because this dude is obviously a piece of poo poo even if he didnt kill the woman (which he def did) so why do i care

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

punch drunk posted:

i didnt watch much of this because this dude is obviously a piece of poo poo even if he didnt kill the woman (which he def did) so why do i care

Is it okay for officers to plant evidence and deliberately ignore evidence that would exonerate their alleged perp just because dude was a piece of poo poo?

What about if someone in your town decides that you're a piece of poo poo and wants to railroad you for some bullshit you never did? Is that cool?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

punch drunk posted:

Yep. Did the documentary even bring up the fact he tossed cats into fires for fun?

Dude's a loving psycho and they did a public service framing him, score one corrupt cops

Moridin920 posted:

Is it okay for officers to plant evidence and deliberately ignore evidence that would exonerate their alleged perp just because dude was a piece of poo poo?

What about if someone in your town decides that you're a piece of poo poo and wants to railroad you for some bullshit you never did? Is that cool?

Nope it's not okay and it's not cool but a broken clock is right twice a day, and in Avery's case, it's really loving funny.

"Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy"

ehhhhhhnnnnnn
Jun 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Moridin920 posted:

I think it's funny that goons (and other internet people too) consider cats to be the end all be all like 'if you hurt a cat you are clearly the same as ISIS.' Some people are just hosed up a bit that doesn't make them serial killers automatically. Where is 'innocent until proven guilty?'

lmao

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Whatevs if you're chill with cops framing people then you're clearly just one of those people that doesn't care about the rule of law but only wants to see people they don't like hurt by it whenever possible.

You're basically no different than someone who sees the Chicago PD abusing prisoners to elicit confessions and doesn't care because 'hey they probably deserved it anyway, you don't get arrested for nothing!'

Blazing Ownager posted:

Nope it's not okay and it's not cool

That's all I'm saying

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Cops jail creepy animal torturer, tears shed at 11

Seriously their behavior is terrible but gently caress Avery, if he wasn't in jail already he'd probably murdered twice the number he's accused of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I feel bad for the kid though.

• Locked thread