Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Hello all, and merry christmas! This morning, while doing some early morning xmas web browsing, I stumbled upon the website of a guy who obviously is big into SCUBA diving and takes the deadly threat posed by reckless amateur divers v seriously. To the point where he has created a long, involved, and poser illustrated tale about the heroic (seemingly fascist) sea patrol and their travails patrolling the sea arresting people for doing bad things. But here, it's best for the tale to lay itself:

a crazy man posted:

I had a manual waterfront life since I left school and was brought up without the all-too-common paperwork and office mentality. Like many such men, I was used to heaving goods about and doing things instead of recommending and holding meetings and paying people to do things. I and some of us were also in a docks security callout squad, where we learned to be hard efficient thugs when sorting out such nuisances as tinkers and gipsies and vagrants that intrude to steal or sleep in odd corners, and freelance press telling lies to get in and wasting people's time being nosy to get copy to sell. One day after the police and the council kept making excuses and doing nothing, we flamethrowered out a large tinker camp on waste ground behind the docks, and the thieves fled leaving all their vehicles and never came back: 15-foot propane flames worked much better than paper court writs. Police usually merely tell them off for being naughty, and "turning the other cheek" and "good advice" accomplish nothing.

Concise, and sets the scene for our loveable, law abiding protagonist's life of underwater law enforcement! But what of the setting?

a crazy man again posted:

Some went further than merely complaining over drinks in the evening. UKIFA (UK Inshore Fishermen's Association) was originally an ordinary trade association that worked through the law courts and passed on recommendations and suchlike. But UKIFA got tired of words achieving nothing, and turned to action. 18 sport scuba divers from Lichfield BSAC went to an out-of-the-way beach in Devon for a week camping and diving. Early on their first morning they were roughly woken by an unofficial inshore fisheries patrol squad in identical boilersuits with UKIFA badges on and riotsquad gear surrounding their tents. The squad batoncharged, and roughly arrested the scuba divers and charged them with shellfish poaching and "unauthorized scuba diving".

Those loving recreational divers! This makes my blood boil!

Did I mention its illustrated?

There are dozens of 'artworks' depicting divers being beaten up, arrested, or having their gear destroyed. I'm pretty sure this guys family was murdered by recreational divers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

notice how the scuba cops are only beating up black scuba guys

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i commend this fanfic for its realism

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
What is a tinker?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I think they are Irish Travellers, basically the irish version of gypsies. Pretty sure the guy who wrote it is English

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
appleyard fights the good fight against egregious strokes :patriot:

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
geez I know it can be hard to get exposure but take it to creative convention buddy

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

this is me

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I want a Sea Patrol gangtag

Also this poo poo is amazing, please post more

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Warning: Onboard Destructor is what I call my dick and also what I tell women before I put it in 'em (I switch "Destructor" with "Disappointment" tho)

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
bizarro

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

quote:

"A club in London had better sense." Ellingsley said, "They brought all their gear on a five-ton truck and sailed their four inflatables to our base in the docks in time during the surrender period and were let away without charges. The boats had names of wartime German battleships on them. Scoobydoos are like that. But all four went in our destructor just the same.".

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Mr. Appleyard posted:

Our other handy bit of new kit cleaned up below later. A Sea Patrol `chariot' went in action against a large liveaboard that had joined the demonstration. The chariot's pilot successfully planted a limpet mine despite heavy marine growth on the nonmagnetic fibreglass hull, while his mate's ultrasound gun made sure that a sport diver from the craft did not interfere.

Take that, you loving hippies

I wonder how this guy feels about the rainbow warrior bombing

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

gently caress YES helicopter jump troop with salt proof shotgun and baseball bat

SEA PATROL

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
We secured both ends of the back alley. Someone had carelessly left the pub's fire-exit ajar, which saved us some time and noise. As we and our dumper burst in , we found what we thought we would find. The barman reached under his counter for something, but thought better as I fired a 4-inch nail into his shiny bar top from 20 feet away and showed yet another argumentative type that my Sea Patrol issue electromagnetic-powered nailgun was not a cordless drill. Those guns make no bang, only a slight reloading click. Two men in wetsuits, one of them examining another wetsuit, and diving gear including assembled sport-type scuba sets without official stamps, showed what had been going on there undercover after it had been made illegal.

amusinginquiry fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 25, 2015

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

You would naturally think that the sky would be a good place to escape from sea patrol

you thought wrong.

dead wrong.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
You aint kiddin

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

nothing weird about this i do it all the time,

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

amusinginquiry posted:

You aint kiddin

uhhhh how many people are flying that thing

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

How did...you know what? I don't even care. Not my business what you do on the Internet, OP. But thank you for sharing this. It's fascinating, seriously.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I've been reading random bits of it and as far as i can tell there is a character with 4 arms, possibly due to divine hindu parentage? seems logical

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
This is the best christmas present ever

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
oh man some of the images are dead/mistyped links, which made me sad until I saw the custom 404 page:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Author is either 14 or 40.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Author is either 14 or 40.

Definitely white.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Unless this ends with a fish with cocks for scales save it for another day it's Christmas call ur mom op

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i cum every time i hear about a piece of scuba gear being destroyed

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Mr. Appleyard posted:

We next went to Torquay for a liaison meeting with some French CRS riot police who came across from Brest in a patrol boat. Someone with yet another ex-Russian IDA71 tried to spy on the meeting, but our new kit stopped him in time before he planted listening bugs. He was one of the venturesome types who filled one of his set's absorbent canisters in Russian military mode with potassium superoxide, which releases oxygen as it absorbs carbon dioxide. That is dangerous stuff and we do not use it, as my issue raygun showed when I flew over him and shot his breathing set open to force him to stay on the surface.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
This is

It's

Wow

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Dude's prolific as heck and writes epic poetry about Transformers.

SEA PATROL posted:

[THE SONG OF OPTIMUS PRIME]

My manlike form is made of steel, and twenty-five feet tall;
I, folding, artic-cab become, men's mighty loads to haul.
Is huge my strength of body and mind, and nought should me distress,
but oft in times of loneliness come sorrows, nonetheless,
for when I dream, or think my past, I friends and places know
which I can never return to, nor can anyone ever there go.
That is the first stanza. Epic like saga-type epic. He's very inspiring, I think. Again, sincerely.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
what

i dont

uh

i feel like my brain doesnt know how to react

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Mental illness hasn't been this entertaining since the early 2000s

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Yea i honestly kind of admire the effort this dude put into this

that "go back" link on the custom 404 takes you to his sitemap and there is a lot of poo poo there

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
lol how is this not a movie yet?

What is he illustrating this in? I assume it's some kind of free abandonware, but clearly its artistic potential is sky high.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Dave_Indeed posted:

lol how is this not a movie yet?

What is he illustrating this in? I assume it's some kind of free abandonware, but clearly its artistic potential is sky high.

My guess is a super early version of Poser

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I just realized one of the Sea Patrol goons has a blowtorch and loving lolled my dick off. We're the Sea Patrol we arrest you and set you on fire, goddamn recreational aqua lungs! Aspergers is the best social disorder by far.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I legit think the guy may have a fetish for destroying scuba gear, a lot of the stories and art have that as a subject

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

But wait! He draws too

• Locked thread