Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
:bustem:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
recreational scuba fucks get out

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:
https://twitter.com/appleyard_a

It seems he was a classic language professor. He also speaks Klingon:
http://www.kli.org/activities/email-discussion-group/?tlhy=2015&tlhm=February&tlhp=msg00042.html

And he also knows Quenya (LOTR):
http://tolklang.quettar.org/articles/Appleyard.Quenya

His Wikipedia user page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Anthony_Appleyard) shows he got an award for something really in his wheelhouse:

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

That Cailsdack operative has extremely luxurious lips

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
you can download all his 3d models, featuring favorites like man in diving suit, man in skintight suit, and APS Russian underwater rifle http://www.buckrogers.demon.co.uk/3d/3d.htm

Darkman Fanpage posted:

recreational scuba fucks get out

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 25, 2015

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
That Stahl helm gray scuba man is dope.
Downloading those models, I'm going to animate them.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
so is this guy for draconian diving laws or is it a parody of diving laws in the UK?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Edgar posted:

That Stahl helm gray scuba man is dope.
Downloading those models, I'm going to animate them.

I can't wait to see the shoehorn one in action assisting SEA PATROL in some manner!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I almost have no words.

Maybe... 5? yes, 5.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bDY0DfEjmo

"Eins, zwei, drei, alle!"

Ooooh, you cannot reach me now
Ooooh, no matter how you try
Goodbye, sport diving, it's over
Walk on by.

Sitting in a sub here behind my mask
Waiting for the patrol to come.
In perfect isolation here behind my mask

We're {waiting to succeed} and going to convene outside Plymouth
Town Hall where we're going to be...

Waiting to cut out the deadwood.
Waiting to clean up the beach.
Waiting to follow the sea patrol.
Waiting to put on a scuba suit.
Waiting to weed out the divers.
Waiting to smash in their boats
And kick in their tanks.
Waiting for the final solution
For total dive safety.
Waiting to turn on the showers
And fire the boats.
Waiting for the recs and the sports
and poachers and fishers
Waiting to follow the sea patrol!

Would you like to see Britannia
Rule again, my friend?
All you have to do is follow the sea patrol.
Would you like to send unsafe divers
Home again, my friend?

All you need to do is follow the sea patrol.

The Sea Patrol will convene outside Seaton. We'll be moving along at about 12 o'clock down the beach {.... ......}

... twelve minutes to three we'll be moving along Sidmouth towards Exeter.

SEA PATROL! SEA PATROL! SEA PATROL!

Now when we get to the other side of Exeter we're in Exmouth area.

It's quite possible we may encounter some {.....} by the way we go. {... ..}."

STOP!

Testikles fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 25, 2015

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
do you think he has a sonic OC that meets the seapatrol?

also is that one thing like a giant sub vacuum for vacuuming up scuba divers lmao

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Testikles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bDY0DfEjmo

"Eins, zwei, drei, alle!"

Ooooh, you cannot reach me now
Ooooh, no matter how you try
Goodbye, sport diving, it's over
Walk on by.

Sitting in a sub here behind my mask
In perfect isolation here behind my mask

We're {waiting to succeed} and going to convene outside Plymouth
Town Hall where we're going to be...

Waiting to cut out the deadwood.
Waiting to clean up the beach.
Waiting to put on a scuba suit.
Waiting to weed out the divers.
Waiting to smash in their boats
And kick in their tanks.
Waiting for the final solution
For total dive safety.
Waiting to turn on the showers
And fire the boats.
Waiting for the recs and the sports
and poachers and fishers
Waiting to follow the sea patrol!

Would you like to see Britannia
Rule again, my friend?
All you have to do is follow the sea patrol.
Would you like to send unsafe divers
Home again, my friend?

All you need to do is follow the sea patrol.

The Sea Patrol will convene outside Seaton. We'll be moving along at about 12 o'clock down the beach {.... ......}

SEA PATROL! SEA PATROL! SEA PATROL

... twelve minutes to three we'll be moving along Sidmouth towards Exeter.

Now when we get to the other side of Exeter we're in Exmouth area.

It's quite possible we may encounter some {.....} by the way we go. {... ..}."

STOP!

holy gently caress im about to cum

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

SEA PATROL posted:

And the shellfish poachers got the usual.

So, SEA PATROL is killing these people, right? I mean, they should be killed of course. Totally unauthorized.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i like the excellent use of the trout tag, 5'd without reading

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

amusinginquiry fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 25, 2015

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
I dont mean to doubt SeaPatrol's methods, but

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hot Karl Marx posted:

so is this guy for draconian diving laws or is it a parody of diving laws in the UK?

Honestly it could go either way

No matter what, he's jacking off though

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Are you still playing this? Need more screens

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Man gently caress recreational divers

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I feel like this could be Malatoria all over again. The internet really never ends, does it? :stare:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
why does SEAPATROL still wear all their scuba gear and masks and poo poo when they are on dry land executing unauthroized divers or collecting diving contraband?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I like how their submarine can walk on land and also they have tractors to collect that slutty unauthorized rec dive gear

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I feel like this could be Malatoria all over again. The internet really never ends, does it? :stare:

No, and that larashots site is bizarre, too. It's screenshots of Lara Croft plus an archive of threads from a now-defunct Lara Croft forum. Unless that is a normal thing.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

why does SEAPATROL still wear all their scuba gear and masks and poo poo when they are on dry land executing unauthroized divers or collecting diving contraband?

the tanks they wear on land are fuel tanks for their blowtorches, idiot go look back at my post wrt their standard kit

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
It's like the final metamorphosis of MDickie

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Can any UK goons check the papers over the last few years to see if there have been any unsolved murders/ executions of recreational divers???

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Mr. Appleyard posted:

An emergency radio beacon started somewhere. My skipper dratted the interruption and went towards the signal. We heard and then saw three divers adrift in sport-type kit and no licence-proving sonar transponders. We have other jobs than being the lifeboat service. We were well away from nosy eyes. The skipper saw their lobster hooks and gave an order. Our Sea Patrol issue electromagnetic-powered nailguns disposed silently and efficiently of the shelfish poachers whether they were in difficulties at sea or not.

Sea Patrol is not above summarily executing unlicensed lobster divers in distress, they are filth and deserve no less.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I wonder if Sea Patrol is at risk of any infighting and civil strife due to Enjoyment

I mean, they all seem to be very good at their jobs, and all it would take would be one or two factions to start to enjoy taking the Walking Submarine out for a spin/ start playing with the tractor and all of a sudden the job has become Recreation...

I'm worried about a Sea Patrol Civil War is what I'm saying

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I

SEA PATROL seems to operate outside of the government, but someone's gotta kill all those horrible unauthorized divers, shellfish poachers, and the people who support such criminals...and that somebody is Anthony Appleyard.

Professor Shark, don't worry about a thing. SEA PATROL is up to the task of maintaining peace at any cost.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so what was that about destroying cars if they werent being used for work? this guy does realize that creating an elaborate fantasy world counts as recreation, right?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

As soon as I get my av back I'm going to pledge myself as Official Friend of SEA PATROL, like if they encounter any mysteries involving PAWGs and they're like "Hmm, I think I know someone who can help us with this..."

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

What has to happen to a culture for it to produce someone like this? I bet Thatcher is heavily involved somehow...

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hot Karl Marx posted:

He seems to be against the sort of draconian law enforcement Sea Patrol represents, but on the other hand, he does write an awful lot about draconian law enforcement ...

http://larashots.com/appleyard/seapatrol/index.htm

quote:

A possible near future or "alternate time line". All diving and boat use has been put under a tight naval / industrial control. Enforcing this is one of the duties of the inshore branches of the Sea Patrol. If you don't want this sort of thing to become reality, watch out for authoritarianism and officialdom creeping up on your favourite hobby.

Anthrovore posted:

Mr. Appleyard posted:
An emergency radio beacon started somewhere. My skipper dratted the interruption and went towards the signal. We heard and then saw three divers adrift in sport-type kit and no licence-proving sonar transponders. We have other jobs than being the lifeboat service. We were well away from nosy eyes. The skipper saw their lobster hooks and gave an order. Our Sea Patrol issue electromagnetic-powered nailguns disposed silently and efficiently of the shelfish poachers whether they were in difficulties at sea or not.

Sea Patrol is not above summarily executing unlicensed lobster divers in distress, they are filth and deserve no less.

quote:

The Sea Patrol also performs general-purpose coastguard-type work and rescuing.

He can't even keep his own canon straight :facepalm:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Anthrovore posted:

Are you still playing this? Need more screens

Ok, sounds pretty simple to play, probably just a 2D point and click affair.

Ah. Thats an awful lot of controls for a basic DOS game.

Oh gently caress me it just keeps going on and on, loving autism has gotten into the instructions.

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY CONTROLS GOD

Still keeps going!

I've picked out a sensible name for the type of person who would run patrols such as this.

Wow, all those controls and this is quite literally the game in its entirety. To truly appreciate the majesty of this title you really need to see it in motion.

Now that I've completed the one and only level in this game, lets see how well I did.

10/10 Game of the year.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
God bless you internet.

I wonder if there were weirdos like this pre internet, and in some musty attic somewhere is an old trunk filled with like pages and pages of HORSE PATROL fiction and illustrations.

"The filthy serf knew full well the king had passed new anti recreational horseback riding laws only days before, but thought he could get away with it! He wasn't expecting... HORSE PATROL!

We dragged the shiftless miscreant from the his saddle, and beat him soundly. We then burned his horse in front of him, forcing him to smell the burning horse while he wept pitifully!

*the pages are oddly discoloured near this paragraph*

Our duties done, HORSE PATROL mounted up and rode off to crush all the other worthless peasants who would dare to use horses for anything but strict work related duties!"

Hey I'm pretty good at this poo poo!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Ludicro posted:

Wow, all those controls and this is quite literally the game in its entirety. To truly appreciate the majesty of this title you really need to see it in motion.

10/10 Game of the year.

Completely lost it at this part, holy gently caress

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

:vince: :vince: :vince:

Someone cut that gif down and give it to the op for bringing us this magical thing

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
As we processed the results of these arrests, it got dark. A man in a backstreet-workshop-made amphibious power armour prowled around our base's quay, planning to be the sport divers' new defender against us. But such superhero-type methods tend not to work for long in the real world, and soon a night guard routinely disposed of him .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
i cant find an electromagnetic nail gun anywhere on amazon

• Locked thread