Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I think the trick is to just not confess to anything and they let you go, but you probably won't have a job after missing 30 days of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

So weed isn't legal (and a gram is like $60) but I went to multiple head shops in Tokyo. See, all the weird herbal alternatives aren't illegal, and they all have rad as gently caress names like OG-GrenadeThunder or Skullblaze420 FLAME. These get you super baked but wear off after like an hour, and cost about what weed costs in the states. Two places I tried in Harajuku had try-before-you bars where the clerk just packs you a bowl and you chill. I do not know how I navigated back to my hostel, none of my friends can remember either.

So they can get stoned legally but even the raunchiest MASTERKeefBlasterBUD just isn't the same as regular weed.

That's a story I have about drugs in a faraway place.

that stuff is dangerous as gently caress i'm surprised it got you "stoned", usually spice has really weird unpredictable effects

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Frog Act posted:

"What $45 gets you in Tokyo"

that's so little

that sucks

also you might want to fix your title dude

Frog Act posted:

that stuff is dangerous as gently caress i'm surprised it got you "stoned", usually spice has really weird unpredictable effects

yeah spice is like bath salts

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It's comparable in the way that a dry handie is comparable to getting laid, and it leaves you wicked hung-over within a. Hour or two but nothing that was, like, salvia bad.

This is also a culture where you only really drink to black out, so getting housed isn't exactly uncommon

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I'm gonna smoke one tonight and pretend I'm a ninja

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Son of Rodney posted:

lol if you think juries are actually something good

"let's take some average retards and ask them to judge someone based solely on how they feel about it"

You know you can wave your right to trial by jury? The reason no one does that is because it's loving retarded and highly likely to get you convicted. You would have to understand absolutely nothing about how the legal system works to believe otherwise.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

So weed isn't legal (and a gram is like $60) but I went to multiple head shops in Tokyo. See, all the weird herbal alternatives aren't illegal, and they all have rad as gently caress names like OG-GrenadeThunder or Skullblaze420 FLAME. These get you super baked but wear off after like an hour, and cost about what weed costs in the states. Two places I tried in Harajuku had try-before-you bars where the clerk just packs you a bowl and you chill. I do not know how I navigated back to my hostel, none of my friends can remember either.

So they can get stoned legally but even the raunchiest MASTERKeefBlasterBUD just isn't the same as regular weed.

That's a story I have about drugs in a faraway place.

lol you imbecile

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Japan is a horrible place and when I lived and worked there for 3 months I could totally see why they were Nazis in WW2.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

We need larger juries

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

AugmentedVision posted:

Japan is a horrible place and when I lived and worked there for 3 months I could totally see why they were Nazis in WW2.

Actually, they really didn't do anything that bad during ww2 they'll be the first to tell you that.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

You know you can wave your right to trial by jury? The reason no one does that is because it's loving retarded and highly likely to get you convicted. You would have to understand absolutely nothing about how the legal system works to believe otherwise.

Everyone waves their right to trial by jury, it's called the arbitration clause in the contract you signed to get phone service.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Actually, they really didn't do anything that bad during ww2 they'll be the first to tell you that.

The chinese tested those biological weapons on themselves :colbert:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
"Years ago when this reporter asked a functionary in the Chiba Prosecutor’s office about its refusal to accept evidence that could have potentially exonerated a foreigner accused of drug smuggling--even though the Belgian police wanted them to have it--the response was a look of dumbfound surprise.

“Why would we want new evidence that might weaken our case, when we already have to enough to convict him?” asked the functionary.

This is prosecutorial thinking in Japan: it’s not about justice, it’s about winning and saving face."

lol cool

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Haverchuck posted:

"Years ago when this reporter asked a functionary in the Chiba Prosecutor’s office about its refusal to accept evidence that could have potentially exonerated a foreigner accused of drug smuggling--even though the Belgian police wanted them to have it--the response was a look of dumbfound surprise.

“Why would we want new evidence that might weaken our case, when we already have to enough to convict him?” asked the functionary.

This is prosecutorial thinking in Japan: it’s not about justice, it’s about winning and saving face."

lol cool

Every single Japanese person is literally Hitler

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

The chinese tested those biological weapons on themselves :colbert:

The babies just fell on the bayonets, it makes sense if you really think about it.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Haverchuck posted:

lol cool

ahahah the prosecution can (and does, every time) appeal a not guilty verdict holy gently caress didn't we write their constitution and force them to accept it how did Douglas MacArthur miss this bullshit

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Italy doesn't have double jeopardy, right? That's why they kept trying Amanda Knox?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Italy doesn't have double jeopardy, right? That's why they kept trying Amanda Knox?

Italy is a shithole and all their most famous cities smell like garbage all the time. A literal garbage people.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Italy is a shithole and all their most famous cities smell like garbage all the time. A literal garbage people.

My grandpa called Italians the bastard race

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

My grandpa called Italians the bastard race

while we're talking about grandpas and the japanese let me point out that my grandpa captured a japanese guy in world war 2 all by himself. no idea what ever happened to that guy. hope he had an ok life after the war :shobon:

weirdly enough my boyfriend is half-japanese and their family tree allows for the possibility that he might actually be that guy's descendant, maybe, who knows. so thanks for not killing that guy, dead grandpa, so i can have gay sex with my boyfriend 70 years later.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Really wanna get high and play that arcade game where you finger people's buttholes.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
Also every manga and doujin I've read that featured weed (ie four) has used it as a plot device to first indicate that a character is clearly into organized crime. Or its used as a date rape catalyst.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

je1 healthcare posted:

Also every manga and doujin I've read ...

This is a really good way to get people not to listen to the other half of your sentence.

Every manga and doujin I've read oh by the way I was drunk and killed a woman in 96'.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

WatermelonGun posted:

Really wanna get high and play that arcade game where you finger people's buttholes.

just don't stick your dick in the arcade game

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

je1 healthcare posted:

Also every manga and doujin I've read that featured weed (ie four) has used it as a plot device to first indicate that a character is clearly into organized crime. Or its used as a date rape catalyst.

I'd like to know more about weed in animu

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
they should make it like a dunk tank where one person is sitting high up with their rear end in a top hat fully exposed (with multiple camera angles projecting to large screens that a crowd can watch via) and another person (the player) operates a joystick that moves this mechanical hand thing to decide the fingering speed and styles of choice

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
digital assfingering is the only esport that matters

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

This is a really good way to get people not to listen to the other half of your sentence.

Every manga and doujin I've read oh by the way I was drunk and killed a woman in 96'.

I mean I certainly can't think of more accurate representation of Japanese society, can you? I once got into an argument with a woman in Japan insisting I couldn't smoke on the train. If I had my 3rd volume of GetBackers on my personage I could have proven her wrong, but eh, pick your battles.

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Weed makes everything better.

Last night, I discovered that preloading w just a single 5-htp pill an hour before smoking makes the high even more intense. Best Xmas I could have gotten was to discover that.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

je1 healthcare posted:

I mean I certainly can't think of more accurate representation of Japanese society, can you? I once got into an argument with a woman in Japan insisting I couldn't smoke on the train. If I had my 3rd volume of GetBackers on my personage I could have proven her wrong, but eh, pick your battles.

Yeah dude

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Freestyle posted:

Last night, I discovered that preloading w just a single 5-htp pill an hour before smoking makes the high even more intense. Best Xmas I could have gotten was to discover that.

Holy poo poo really? I got a bunch of that leftover I used as an appetite suppressant( it works well for that by the way). I'ma try this poo poo out later. What's a single pill in mg? I capped my own.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

je1 healthcare posted:

I honestly can't tell if you're joking...

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Holy poo poo really? I got a bunch of that leftover I used as an appetite suppressant( it works well for that by the way). I'ma try this poo poo out later. What's a single pill in mg? I capped my own.
One pill was 100 mg. I also tried it with 2 pills, and it was even better. Reading around the net, it seems to work for some people, not so much for others, I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

I honestly can't tell if you're joking...

Too on the nose? I've never actually been to Japan

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

je1 healthcare posted:

Too on the nose? I've never actually been to Japan

No, you rode the line perfect.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
what the gently caress is a 5-htp is that some kind of dungeons and dragons potion or something?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

what the gently caress is a 5-htp is that some kind of dungeons and dragons potion or something?

It' some chemical that your body can synthesize into serotonin but it can't really cross the blood brain barrier effectively so it doesn't really work for that; it does however effectively suppress your appetite.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

thathonkey posted:

they should make it like a dunk tank where one person is sitting high up with their rear end in a top hat fully exposed (with multiple camera angles projecting to large screens that a crowd can watch via) and another person (the player) operates a joystick that moves this mechanical hand thing to decide the fingering speed and styles of choice

so it's a video game about violating asses?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

That Robot posted:

so it's a video game about violating asses?

well the subject would ideally be there out of their own free will because they are exhibitionist and love assplay and it wouldn't technically be a videogame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Freestyle posted:

so how exactly does that work

• Locked thread