Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Laurenz posted:

Does this include the original Olympics thousands of years ago?

Up to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Dirty Sanchez posted:

The best I can do is go to wikipedia and look at the bios of 500 olympic athletes and see if it mentions a coach. Brb

OK, do that.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
Yep. All had coaches.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

PETA is really invested in this thread

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Peta posted:

I said you don't need to own a Fitbit or manually record cardiovascular data in order to be fit/healthy and you QQ'd about poo poo Olympic athletes do.
I specifically said that a hobbyist or amateur athlete will also benefit from being able to track their heart rate as a measure of fitness and energy expenditure. If you're interested in improving your fitness that's a great way of measuring those improvements.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Dirty Sanchez posted:

Yep. All had coaches.

I don't think you really just went and did that. Please have some integrity.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Oberleutnant posted:

I specifically said that a hobbyist or amateur athlete will also benefit from being able to track their heart rate as a measure of fitness and energy expenditure. If you're interested in improving your fitness that's a great way of measuring those improvements.

Nah.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Peta posted:

I don't think you really just went and did that. Please have some integrity.

Prove it.

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Dirty Sanchez posted:

Yep. All had coaches.

That was quick

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

It's not possible to load 500 webpages on the same computer in under a minute.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Peta posted:

Man, I don't know what to say. High school kids do 18-minute 5Ks in between cramming down hot dogs. I'm starting to think you've never run a mile.

Well you'd be wrong about that.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

What, I didn't say that, or what I said is inaccurate?

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Oberleutnant posted:

Well you'd be wrong about that.

OK, a sub-10-minute mile.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Laurenz posted:

That was quick

My fitbit helped me.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Peta posted:

It's not possible to load 500 webpages on the same computer in under a minute.

Prove it.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Peta posted:

OK, a sub-10-minute mile.

That too.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Nah, if you were a half-decent runner then you wouldn't be obsessed with tech products the target audience of which is desperate overweight nerds.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Peta posted:

Nah, if you were a half-decent runner then you wouldn't be obsessed with tech products the target audience of which is desperate overweight nerds.

My mile pb is 5:57, my 1k is bang on 4 minutes, my 5k is 20:17
I was overweight when I started running a few years ago.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Oberleutnant posted:

My mile pb is 5:57, my 1k is bang on 4 minutes, my 5k is 20:17

Hahahahaha, thought so.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

I bet you're one of those people who says "run" and "jog" interchangeably.

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
I prefer running WITHOUT little gimmicks and toys

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Peta posted:

Hahahahaha, thought so.

I'm happy with my achievements, my only regret is that I waited so long to start.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Peta posted:

I bet you're one of those people who says "run" and "jog" interchangeably.

I bet you're one who say "run" and "jog" from the couch.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I guess If I was fat it'd be cool to have some
Numbers I could delude myself into thinking are proof that I'm not fat

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

social vegan posted:

I guess If I was fat it'd be cool to have some
Numbers I could delude myself into thinking are proof that I'm not fat

The scale uses numbers...

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Dirty Sanchez posted:

I have one as do about 20 acquaintances and friends. It's fun to compete as it gets you up and moving when you might ordinariky sit around. It's also my alarm clock, and vibrates me awake at 5 without waking up the wife. Combined with myfitnesspal, it's helped me lose 40 lbs since june.

I like the fitbit app, is myfitnesspal actually better?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Once I do my annual health screen for my insurance I'll have enough points to buy the super huge one from the points mall so I will get mine in about 4 weeks. Looking forward to it, thanks for asking opee!

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
You're wrong and have no idea what you're talking about.

FPS_Sage
Oct 25, 2007

This was a triumph
Gun Saliva
I like my Fitbit, I think the heart rate stuff is at least interesting to look at. Since it was a gift, I'd say try it out, it's not like you really wasted your own money on it. But if it's not the HR one, maybe think about exchanging it and buying up to the HR. The weekly challenges are kinda cool, too, if you have friends. But I'm guessing you don't have very many friends, so can always just leave it on your wrist when you jerk off and then be impressed with your "step" count.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I got one for my birthday and liked the challenges against friends. But then I lost the little charger thing when I moved. So I need to go to the massive effort of buying a new one. Eh.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

If you were fat I guess it'd be cool to challenge your fat friends to walk like 500 steps a day until a week later when no one has done it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
No really the best thing is having your calorie counter linked to the pedometer so you're always sure you've got a calorie deficit, and can just go walk some if you have a bigass meal

• Locked thread