Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Regarding the bird puzzle, if we choose A it leads the bird straight into the mouth of a hungry snake and if video games have taught me anything it's that the souls of dead things float upward so obviously the best way to get above ground again is to die. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ah, right, I forgot that MM/DD is only used in America, whereas literally every Metric-using country (except maybe Canada?) uses DD/MM.

Puzzle 30EU (The Wrong Date) : The town was founded on 13/08, or August 13th.

Puzzle 30US (The Secret Message): In the bizzare American parallel universe, the town was founded on August 12th instead, and on 8/13 they were all in BED. It's interesting that the logic behind the puzzle stays the same, even if the answer changes.

Puzzle 34 (Trees on the Old Road): A and E are obviously the furthest apart.

Puzzle 47 (The Mayoral Election): A candidate needs 14 votes from someone other than themselves to win, or 15 votes total.

Puzzle 53 (Boy's Club): I think the reason this one is worth 30 picarats is because it can essentially be brute-forced, going through every possible combination until you get the right one. It's the guy with the moustache eyebrows at the 10 o'clock position.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nidoking posted:

I can just picture Layton at a funeral, asking people if they can slide the coffin lids to get the body out of the coffin.

Worse: The burial is a klotski puzzle.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kangra posted:

These are still not that hard.

Do they expect you to freehand the geometric mean of the radii in the plaza puzzle?

Thankfully no, the answer is still a bit dumb but you're overthinking it.

060: You need to draw a concentric circle around the fountain, making the donut into two smaller donuts. They said "identically shaped", not "identically sized", and even then they're sort of wrong.
085: B fits the pattern, and yeah, the hints are super obvious on this one.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 21, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

It's not the smell of garlic that makes it toxic to dogs, but the bulb itself, right? So something with garlic stench shouldn't be definitively lethal.

You would think Layton would know better, though.

064: Pulling out 100 stones gives you a ~50% chance of getting 50 gold. That's the best chance, and the best payout.
074: The garlic goes to all three openings and you only have two corks, so the obvious choice is to shove the two corks up into his own nose.
075: http://i.imgur.com/fWY7AXm.png
092: The chunk in the lower right with 2 Copper, 1 Silver, and 1 Gold has a value of 10 Laytonbucks, which is the most I can manage out of all the 5-tile combinations.
096: B.
111: Anyone with an odd number of turns reported is a filthy liar who would have never made it back to the station, so that's 105 and 113.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Oh, right. I forgot how unbalanced the pacing of the first two games was, where it's just 80% faffing about doing things like murdering dogs with garlic and then in the last 20% of the game a big reveal starts instantly barfing the entire plot back onto you.

Diabolical Box has a plot! Did you remember that?

W18: Another "make sure your paths have three forks" puzzle. While adding a fourth fork at A would solve the puzzle, it's the branch at C that lets you solve it from the top corner.
W22: The gems are arranged 5x5, meaning there are 25 gems in total.

EDIT: b is not spoiler :doh:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 9, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

GeneX posted:

I love Don Paolo and his ridiculous costumes.

He straight up masqueraded as a young girl maybe half his height and width, without a single person catching on. That takes some sort of surreal talent.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

137 - No matter how you slice it, Anton is a giant nerd. Who needs that many ornamental swords? The real one is the one in the hand of the suit of armor.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Discendo Vox posted:

That's quite the rear end-pull. Say, whatever happened to the Folsense fortune?

Assumedly, a decent chunk of it was sunk into the Molentary. The rest likely dried up real quick when it was revealed that the gold mine was gassed bad enough to murder a million canaries, on account of thieves and Anton's weeaboo sword habit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

W26: Climb up the palm tree on that little island. Even if the lion can swim, it probably won't be too good at climbing after that.
W27: B. My head hurts after staring at that.

I'll pass on more Magic Squares and branching path puzzles, thanks.

• Locked thread