Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I got one a few months ago and have been using it a lot. What is a Squatty Potty? Heres a helpful video:

https://youtu.be/YbYWhdLO43Q

And a quick product description for those that can't watch the video:

quote:

Made in the USA! The Squatty Potty is a wonderful health aid for the entire family. The Squatty Potty helps you to eliminate faster and more complete by putting your body into a natural squatting position over your own toilet. Using the Squatty Potty during elimination will un-kink your rectum taking your body from a continent mode to an elimination mode. This will speed up the elimination process therefore reducing the risk of toxic build up of fecal matter left in your colon

I'll get some Q's answered right away to save time:

Does it really work?
Yes! It made my dumps quicker and easier, it's honestly night and day.

Do you use it all the time?
Honestly sometimes I forget it's there because it tucks away neatly under the toilet so there's been times where I do the deed and go "whoops!"

Do pee sitting down now?
No, I still stand. I wouldn't sit down to pee to just use the Squatty Potty, it'd just waste time.

Have you noticed any drawbacks?
I hurt my knee and for a few days using the Squatty Potty wasn't easy. another draw back is that it can be a tripping hazard.

Can fat goons use this?
I don't see why not, it'll probably help a lot. I'm about 200lbs and it wasn't a problem to use it. A larger friend of mine tried it (300lb rugby player) and said it was a bit awkward but after some practice he didn't have any troubles.

Are there any downsides?
Obviously if you have any leg injuries it is going to be difficult. Its also going to take some time getting used to it too. I recommend using it every other time to ease yourself into it, and set aside times when you have to go, that you won't be rushed.

Will I get made fun of for using this?
Yes, but generally after some time, people will get intrigued and when they come over to visit, will try it anyways. My pregnant friend gave it a shot and now their home has one for each bathroom. Apparently it's great for pregnant people.

Hope this is a good starter, ask away. I am not a paid employee of the Squatty Potty Corporation or related to any employees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

In response for some Qs:

Squats are my favorite workout because I believe that's the path to immortality and great butts and thighs.

As for not having a good toilet, a lot of toilets for me are uncomfortable. Either the seat is too small and my balls and dick are jammed up, or it's too big and I have to be careful not to fall in.

I like telling others about proper pooping because it's a blight on our community.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

King of Bees posted:

Couple quick questions op. Very interested.
1. Suitable for outdoor use?
2. Warranty?
3. Money back guarantee?
4. Bears a big problem with these if used in bear country?

Thanks you.

1. Yes
2. 60-day guarantee if you're not happy with it
3. Yes, if returned within 60 days of not being happy
4. Bears tend to gravitate to squatting devices, be careful out doors.

What did I pay for it? I got it for free as a gift. It's 25 dollars which I think is too much. You can make your own if you're inclined, but if you're lazy and incompetent, buying might be the safest bet.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Bears generally try to use the Squatty Potty without consent.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

drukqs posted:

Ya, I bought one a little under a year ago. It helps for sure.

I do wish I'd bought one that could maybe be collapsed or... one that looks more stylish/fashionable

having to explain every time somebody uses your pisser is not ideal

That's why I leave pamphlets on the sink so they know what's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

You can "Porky Pig", where you take off your pants and underwear to squat to get the best angle and foot separation.

Your goal when doing the squat poo poo, using a SQuatty Potty or not, is to be emulating a squat where your butthole is pointed away from your feet. But if your feet are too far forward then you'd "tip over".

Don't buy the bamboo one because it's stupidly more expensive. You can make these or buy healer alternatives.

• Locked thread