Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
I'm not sure that the rodeo scene wasn't staged but when the redneck crowd starts acting up or clapping at his antihomosexual statements its great how Borat has America making fun of America. Not Borat making fun of America. That's why it's so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Its jew propaganda op

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Whole lotta people not posting super troopers here.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Snatch.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I laughed my loving rear end of when I saw borat with my friends in hs.

The best comedy of the 2000s is prob a Will Ferrell movie.

or Best in Show

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Surprised Anchorman hasn't been mentioned yet, it's probably my favorite.
Oh, no wait, 40 year old Virgin, that's my vote for funniest.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the suit is NAT black

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i love the part where thy wrestler naked

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol jews ! hahahahahah good one guy who made borat whatever his name is ... i cant remember

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
sasha baron cohen*

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Edgar posted:

Foot fist way. You'll thank me later.

Was gonna post this In the original script he kills himself in the end lol

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Team America was maybe a little bit better than Borat. They did a documentary about the people in Romania he tricked into being in the movie and so certain scenes make me sad.

Bruno seducing Ron Paul was hilarious.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

"Smash that jew egg before it hatches!"

The Running Of The Jew was perhaps the funniest thing I've seen in the last 15 years.

netw1z
Oct 19, 2008
. . .
I don't think any other movie between 2000-2009 had a guy publicly masturbating over a mannequin in a shop window, so... no?

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
No. No there isn't.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Borat had the highest highs out of any comedy from 2000-2009 but the bad parts are embarrassing.

Hot Fuzz is by far the best from a technical standpoint, even if the second act drags and it's far more clever than gut-busting.

In the Loop is probably the best "adult" comedy from that time.

Superbad is probably the best "traditional" comedy.

Anchorman is the best surreal comedy masquerading as a traditional comedy, followed closely by Wet Hot American Summer. Walk Hard is a respectable but understandable third.

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle and Not Another Teen Movie deserve special mention for the things they do well, even brilliantly, but they're very flawed.

The 40 Year-Old Version also deserves special mention for being a relative turning point in comedy culture.

Mean Girls deserves mention for landing a lot of memorable poo poo into the zeigeist, even if it feels oddly toothless compared to actual Mean Girl culture.

Everything else gets the wheat thresher.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
when was Schindler's List made?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

Borat had the highest highs out of any comedy from 2000-2009 but the bad parts are embarrassing.

Hot Fuzz is by far the best from a technical standpoint, even if the second act drags and it's far more clever than gut-busting.

In the Loop is probably the best "adult" comedy from that time.

Superbad is probably the best "traditional" comedy.

Anchorman is the best surreal comedy masquerading as a traditional comedy, followed closely by Wet Hot American Summer. Walk Hard is a respectable but understandable third.

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle and Not Another Teen Movie deserve special mention for the things they do well, even brilliantly, but they're very flawed.

The 40 Year-Old Version also deserves special mention for being a relative turning point in comedy culture.

Mean Girls deserves mention for landing a lot of memorable poo poo into the zeigeist, even if it feels oddly toothless compared to actual Mean Girl culture.

Everything else gets the wheat thresher.

I think Talladega Nights (2006) deserves to be on the list somewhere, it's Will Ferrells best comedy IMO. Also one of the greatest endings to a movie ever filmed.

• Locked thread