Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Poil posted:

Are we really supposed to be scared of drow? They have +2LA, they're weak as hell. :v:

By the way did the queen really use the word mortal? Elves aren't immortal in dnd, right? They do have their pointy ears stuck pretty far up their own asses though.

That only matters for pc's npc's are as strong as they need to be.

This chick does have a pretty good reason to be confident however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Deekin becomes a red dragon disciple if you let him I believe

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Anyway the villain has an Archdevil serving her. So this is why she is a threat.

Archdevils are very powerful and have very little limits on their resources and minions. I will assume that it's one of the lords of the Nine and not one of the minor dukes.

So she is served at the time this game would take place and was made by ether Bel Lord of the 1st and General of the Blood War, Dispater Lord of the 2nd and the Iron Duke of Dis, Mammon Lord of the 3rd and Lord of Greed, Beliel Lord of the 4th or his Daughter Fierna co ruler of the 4th, Prince Levistus Lord of the 5th (Unlikely as the guy is frozen in a glacier.) Malagarde the Hag Countess Lady of the 6th (Not actully a Devil so unlikely.) Baalzebul Lord of the 7th and Lord of the Flies, Mephistopheles Lord of the 8th and Master of Hellfire, or Asmodeus Lord of the 9th and King of the Nine Hells (Unlikely as there is no anyone could bind this guy.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ok so the Archdevil she has bound is Mephistopheles. For some details about the guy. He widely considered to be the second most powerful Devil of the Nine Hells after it's King Asmodeus and only rivaled by Baalzebul. He is the Archduke of Cania the 8th Layer of Hell a frozen wasteland. He is the creator of Hellfire a flaming energy so potent nothing is immune to it. Even fire elementals would be burned by it. Above all things Mephistopheles desires to usurp Asmodeus and rule hell instead. This is not a well kept secret as Mephistopheles has told this to Asmodeus' face.

Asmodeus along with Mephistopheles's rival Baalzebul are the believed to be the only ones who have ever managed to one up him. As a result I don't believe for a second the Valsharress truly has him under her thrall. The guy is one of the most powerful beings in the universe and is worthy of being a campaign end boss. But his power alone could easily allow a minor Drow like the Valsharess to dominate the entire underdark.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Mindflayers are always fun.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Just a quick correction. Tyr is the God of Justice not duty. (Duty is the portfolio of his subordinate god Torm.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MechaCrash posted:

I'm pretty sure Aribeth won't equip arrows on her own. You might as well throw a stack of them into her arrow ammo slot, and do the same for yourself. I don't know if you have any longbows left, but as I've hammered on in the past: crossbows are poo poo compared to actual bows just due to fire rate. Not to the point that it's worth buying arrows, mind you, but you may as well smoke it if you got it, you know?

Speaking of looting, I know you're getting tight on space, but never leave behind potions. You can always find a use for a portion. If nothing else, you can sell the things.

That Robe of Leathers looks pretty nice for Deekin. The 10% chance for his spells to fail is worth the giant armor bonus, plus a dexterity bonus (which may be overwritten by his bracers, I forget how much they give), and the on-hit is pretty nice. The usable abilities won't help him because he won't use them, but there you go.

You had plenty of room for that bastard sword, you just need to do some Inventory Tetris to compress stuff down so you can carry it.

The Bloodsucker is actually a pretty solid dagger. Just, y'know. Dagger. The only reason to use it is if you're a Small dual wielder and going for things you can finesse. (And if you aren't, you're probably dual wielding wrong -- double weapons are unavailable to Small characters in NWN.)

Souldrinker being only +5 means you'd need to drag it off for upgrades. The on-hit level drain is pretty awesome, though. The fact that it's DC 16 means it's going to be resisted a lot, but there's no opportunity cost involved and the payoff is pretty fantastic. Okay, no opportunity cost as long as you aren't counting "I'm not using some other weapon," which is a perfectly valid issue. The vampiric regeneration is just a bonus.

Aribeth's sword deals Sonic damage, and objects that resist that are pretty rare. A good sonic weapon is a universal lockpick, which is one of the many reasons that Neverwinter Nights 2 and Knights of the Old Republic 2 implemented "if you bash open a locked thing, you ruin some of the poo poo inside." Otherwise, why ever invest points in picking locks when you can just break everything using skills you're going to have anyway?

You're leaving a lot of loot lying around. On the one hand, it's probably just gold...but then again, remember when I said you're going to want a lot of gold? Seriously. A lot of gold.

I don't think it matters if he gets a ton of gold.

• Locked thread