Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Atheists have FAITH in the absence of God, how are people too dumb to realize this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

wrap it up atheailures

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
my vision is augmented

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
Did anyone see that movie about vampires in New Zealand, What We Do In The Shadows, it was pretty cool, what do you guys think?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Putty posted:

my vision is augmented

shut up putty.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I want to believe, but all the cool gods are gone :( Instead of these generic old man in the sky religions , why not Anubis or the Lord Horus ?!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

put more effort in next time OP if you wanna ruffle any feathers. you were too obvious.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Decebal posted:

I want to believe, but all the cool gods are gone :( Instead of these generic old man in the sky religions , why not Anubis or the Lord Horus ?!

there is literally no reason you can't follow those gods.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Someone needs "I LIVE, I DIE, I LIVE AGAIN!!!" as their tombstone. Preferably a shiny chrome one.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
lol thats almost as good as moving bibles to the fiction section

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

AugmentedVision posted:

Atheists have FAITH in the absence of God, how are people too dumb to realize this?

Not really

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

jesus is cool imo

gagelion2
Dec 8, 2015

by Shine

someone photoshop in "ps - im gay"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

TEAYCHES posted:

jesus is cool imo

How unamerican of jesus, wtf

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Jesus was a communist!?? :aaa:

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

there is literally no reason you can't follow those gods.

I don't think that islamists in Egypt will appreciate the revival of the cult of Amun and it's temple.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Glad you realized this, OP. We are now more enlightened because of you.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Decebal posted:

I don't think that islamists in Egypt will appreciate the revival of the cult of Amun and it's temple.

And you care because?

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
woah

mind blown

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Anyone who voluntarily labels themselves an atheist is guaranteed to be as zealous and insufferable as any religious fundamentalist.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The greek gods were the best ones, that's why they are still making movies and games about them all the time

:argh: ATHENA :argh:

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

ScrubLeague posted:

Anyone who voluntarily labels themselves an atheist is guaranteed to be as zealous and insufferable as any religious fundamentalist.

lol no I heard dick dorkins is a pretty cool guy who respects women

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
he wouldn't touch a poop for $20

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

error1 posted:

The greek gods were the best ones, that's why they are still making movies and games about them all the time

:argh: ATHENA :argh:

So good the romans just kinda copies them and pretty much the svandinavians too

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I don't think any religions are real but I'm kind of bummed out such lovely ones ended up dominating rather then the ancient polytheist ones with all the crazy animal sacrifice/orgy at every solstice. Mankind just hates fun.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

And you care because?

I still want my head on my shoulders.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The foundation of irreligious criticism is: Man makes religion, religion does not make man. Religion is, indeed, the self-consciousness and self-esteem of man who has either not yet won through to himself, or has already lost himself again. But man is no abstract being squatting outside the world. Man is the world of man – state, society. This state and this society produce religion, which is an inverted consciousness of the world, because they are an inverted world. Religion is the general theory of this world, its encyclopaedic compendium, its logic in popular form, its spiritual point d’honneur, its enthusiasm, its moral sanction, its solemn complement, and its universal basis of consolation and justification. It is the fantastic realization of the human essence since the human essence has not acquired any true reality. The struggle against religion is, therefore, indirectly the struggle against that world whose spiritual aroma is religion.

Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo.

Criticism has plucked the imaginary flowers on the chain not in order that man shall continue to bear that chain without fantasy or consolation, but so that he shall throw off the chain and pluck the living flower. The criticism of religion disillusions man, so that he will think, act, and fashion his reality like a man who has discarded his illusions and regained his senses, so that he will move around himself as his own true Sun. Religion is only the illusory Sun which revolves around man as long as he does not revolve around himself.

It is, therefore, the task of history, once the other-world of truth has vanished, to establish the truth of this world. It is the immediate task of philosophy, which is in the service of history, to unmask self-estrangement in its unholy forms once the holy form of human self-estrangement has been unmasked. Thus, the criticism of Heaven turns into the criticism of Earth, the criticism of religion into the criticism of law, and the criticism of theology into the criticism of politics.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

The joke here is that the pizza toppings are sickness, famine, poverty and death.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Decebal posted:

I still want my head on my shoulders.

I am pretty sure you don't live in ISIS controlled territory.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I am pretty sure you don't live in ISIS controlled territory.

im pretty sure decebal is a little bitch

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

who?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

a pox on you then

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Induction is impossible and by extension deduction. Hume has owned us all for centuries. gently caress bitches, get money, smoke trees. None of it matters.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Baldness is just another color of hair.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Node posted:

Baldness is just another color of hair.

Identifying as bald is not merely the absence of hair; it's a denial of hair.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Weird because I just got that tattoo and I thought it meant I have AIDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

There aren't any atheists in the foxhole

• Locked thread