Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

sebmojo posted:

I always used to have more fun with the box the toy came in lol this is basically the same thing Pinestation more like imagine station lol

are you a cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.
I don't understand why this is in the news, although would get if it was all over social media.

They just made it so much easier for whoever did it to go around hi-5ing their mates.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

fake

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i THINK it was christmas 97. or whatever year MEtAL GEAR SOLID came out and like i totally got a ps1 for xmas from my grandma and metal gear was totally blowing my mind and my dad came over to my moms apartment and dropped kicked my ps1. then my mom got me a new one from a fingerhutcatelog lol.

if my dad had kicked a wooden ps1 this story may have been different!!!!!!!!!!!

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i THINK it was christmas 97. or whatever year MEtAL GEAR SOLID came out and like i totally got a ps1 for xmas from my grandma and metal gear was totally blowing my mind and my dad came over to my moms apartment and dropped kicked my ps1. then my mom got me a new one from a fingerhutcatelog lol.

if my dad had kicked a wooden ps1 this story may have been different!!!!!!!!!!!

Because he is an rear end in a top hat, or it was an accident?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
no man dude like ripped it off and dropped kicked it like he was the ultimate warrior

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Your dad sounds like a glorious rear end in a top hat.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah he got his and died at 49 due to his meth addiction adn guess what dad I GOT A PS 3 AND 4 SINCE U BEEN GONE

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Lol at the article for ending with

"So, to whoever did this, be it a Target customer or employee or someone at the factory pulling a prank, go f*** yourself. Seriously. I’ll wait."

Grade A journalism there buddy, why don't you do a piece of ISIS next

"...so all in all stopping ISIS propaganda machinery and money flows is deemed to be just as important, if not more so than ground action. And while we're waiting how but you suck a C**K ISIS, I'm even give you a tissue afterwards B*ITCHES"

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I thought the same thing. Wanted to get on the news and have people feel sorry for him and score some free stuff.

I thought it was the dad at first as some hilarious christmas prank.

e: as in the dad admitted it. It was clearly the dad though

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

what a spoiled little poo poo

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

It is a great way to get a free PS4 and gift card. The cock and balls is a nice touch. You just don't see that kind of attention to detail in most grifts these days.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

As a spoiled brat this is good because it didn't happen to me

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
A few years back, they would have just duct taped four Playstation 1s together and put them back in the box. However, with the retro game boom, people are so scared that their old games/hardware are going to be worth a lot more money in just another year or two that they didn't want to take a risk in giving away what might be $400 of hardware for a $300 system and an elaborate prank.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Alan Smithee posted:

P-p-p-playstation 4

lol he lives on

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
and for you dudes who are like WHY DIDNT THEY OPEN IT

http://www.amazon.com/Retail-Package-Circle-Stickers-Labels/dp/B00GNJSIVK

stay safe

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

origami posted:

Kid is 9 and believes in Santa and has his own playroom to sulk in. This own was probably an inside job.

I'm the 9 year old goon who got triple owned by a Target warehouse employee.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

and for you dudes who are like WHY DIDNT THEY OPEN IT

http://www.amazon.com/Retail-Package-Circle-Stickers-Labels/dp/B00GNJSIVK

stay safe

I'm going to buy a box of these, open it, then use one to reseal the package they came in and take it back.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I am also going to make a pottery model of a Nintendo WiiU and put that in a box with some chia seeds.

It'll be a Ch-Ch-Ch-ChWiiU Pet.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I like how if this had happened in any other circumstance nobody would give a poo poo. Like if it was just some 30 year old buying himself a console in the middle of June nobody would care. In fact the dude himself wouldn't care because he would just go back and get a replacement from a bewildered clerk.

Instead people's faith in humanity has been destroyed. Obviously the cruel thief knew that the console he was pilfering was supposed to be delivered to a young boy on Christmas morning. Despite this knowledge gleaned by way of eldritch ritual he proceeded nonetheless. How heartless.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

yeah he got his and died at 49 due to his meth addiction adn guess what dad I GOT A PS 3 AND 4 SINCE U BEEN GONE

Wow, it sounds like your dad really sucked.

I see where you get it from.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
So they were mildly inconvenienced, returned it, got $100 gift card + another game free, and this is supposed to be sad because a 9 year old lost his faith in Santa?

The only tragedy here is the author's writing. I don't read Kotaku but I thought they were a pretty popular gaming blog. "I can't even," tense changing randomly, run-on sentences, self-censored curse words.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Meta Ridley posted:

I don't read Kotaku but I thought they were a pretty popular gaming blog. "I can't even," tense changing randomly, run-on sentences, self-censored curse words.

Yeah I just don't see the disconnect here...

Relevent to this post though, I worked in retail when I was a kid, and we got a shipment of PS2 games from the manufacturer, where the CDs were replaced out with AOL CDs, and then shrinkwrapped and sealed as if they were legitimate games.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
lol yeah the tone of the article made me not give a poo poo anymore

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's not news, it's Kotaku.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
When Kotaku goes under in two years maybe Buzzfeed will hire this guy, wow

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

lol gameblogu

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
GAmes Jourlandism, bretty gud.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

quote:

Being a father myself, I can’t even.

Behold, a rancid puff of rotten gas from the bloated corpse of journalism.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

you can tell it was the dad by the ps4 shape and the case screws

only a dad could be that handy for something that nobody ever would want

squarer
Feb 3, 2015

*bzzt*
All glory to Kotaku - the masters of news free gaming journalism

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

JediTalentAgent posted:

elf-confident
elf-doubt
elf-esteem

look into elf-immolation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7UrFYvl5TE

• Locked thread