Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

whoflungpoop posted:

turned out to be a weather thing but ty for vigilance

I have acne problems with my inner thighs that require me to constantly keep them baby powdred up to avoid skin irritation and avoid breakouts. So I'm used to rashes down there and worse its amazing how much zinc oxided baby powder helps reduce and remove issues for me.

I had to do a lot of googling to find out I wasn't the only one who has these thigh irritation issues. Man the human body is hosed up stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I was hoping this thread was about Asian business multimillionaire Lee Ka-Ching, whose name is made of money and every time you say it he makes a sale

E: multimillionaire to the tune of thousands of millions

Sponge Baathist fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 28, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYKORs6eAjU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Soul Reaver posted:

...you ching...

...we all ching...

...for I Ching!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I have recently gotten into the ancient art of burning witches for leisure.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Microwaves Mom posted:

I have acne problems with my inner thighs that require me to constantly keep them baby powdred up to avoid skin irritation and avoid breakouts. So I'm used to rashes down there and worse its amazing how much zinc oxided baby powder helps reduce and remove issues for me.

I had to do a lot of googling to find out I wasn't the only one who has these thigh irritation issues. Man the human body is hosed up stuff.

for me it was going to a cold place where everyone uses central heating and within a day it dried out my scalp and my elbows and my crotchal area and i had to emergency moisturize and now everything smells like shea butter and pineapples

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
Update: I am now abroad. I went out and got 3 nice commemorative coins from a numismatics shop. They're from Papua New Guinea!

Really pleased with my purchase. Using the coins, I asked the oracle: "How will using the I Ching affect my day to day life?"
I got Hexagram 25, Innocence: http://www.jamesdekorne.com/GBCh/hex25.htm. Broadly speaking, this is a very good omen.

Thinking about what to ask next. What do you think, GBS?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

H.H posted:

Update: I am now abroad. I went out and got 3 nice commemorative coins from a numismatics shop. They're from Papua New Guinea!

Really pleased with my purchase. Using the coins, I asked the oracle: "How will using the I Ching affect my day to day life?"
I got Hexagram 25, Innocence: http://www.jamesdekorne.com/GBCh/hex25.htm. Broadly speaking, this is a very good omen.

Thinking about what to ask next. What do you think, GBS?

Ask it why I feel so empty inside. And also why Chicago people are so weird about their pizza and hot dogs.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

everything i know about this i learned from watching the man in the high castle and that old guy who did it got loving owned making important decisions with his magic book

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Ask it why I feel so empty inside. And also why Chicago people are so weird about their pizza and hot dogs.

Sorry for the delay, I left my hostel before you replied and my app poo poo itself for some reason.
Anyway, for the 1st question I used the I Ching app:

I now realize I misspelled the question, but this is not important because I Ching divination is based on thought, the writing is just a tool to help one to concentrate on the question.
You should meditate on the answer and maybe you can change the underlying reasons for your feelings of hollowness. Good luck!

I asked the second question back at my hostel, using the coin toss method. I got the following answer, Hexagram 15:
http://www.psychic-revelation.com/reference/i_l/i_ching/hexagram15.html.
This may seem unrelated. That may be due to the fact that your question was frivolous. The oracle does not take kindly to humour.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

i cheech and/or chong

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I ching you chang we chong.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Apple iChing, bringing stylish, gentrified Chinese superstition to a store near you, using irrelevant John Lennon photos to promote it!

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
wow , never thought id see that poo poo again op. hurray for pseudo obscure book references

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Has anyone itt read Sun Tzu's the Art of War? It's really good.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

wow , never thought id see that poo poo again op. hurray for pseudo obscure book references

That poo poo, as you put it, is 4000 years old ancient wisdom. Just the cultural/historic value is immense IMO.

Speaking of book references, I bought PKD's [i]VALIS[i] and he quotes a line from the oracle in the 1st chapter.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

BgRdMchne posted:

Has anyone itt read Sun Tzu's the Art of War? It's really good.

I generally liked it, but it's very dry and technical for obv reasons.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

OP, do you do the yarrow sticks or the coins? I hear the coins don't align with the universe as well.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

read this next it will make your chine magicks stronger

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

literally less useful than a magic 8 ball

at least the stupid toy gives you straight answers

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
You should read "The Man in the High Castle", that's heavy on the I Ching.

And then you can explain the ending to me. It's nowhere near the weirdest Philip K. Dick book, but it's the only one that was unsatisfying to me. It ends really abruptly with a bunch of loose threads still up in the air. And I keep wondering if it makes more sense if you know anything about I Ching/if your eyes don't just glaze over at the bits where it talks about it like mine did. I really hope the revelation that they're living in an alternate history that wasn't SUPPOSED to happen and the I Ching proves it because it's predicting the wrong (real) future isn't all there is to it. I mean, I know, that's what the whole premise of the book is???

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
*extremely fat fedora beardo approaches you*

"Greetings chum, by chance do you have some spare change that I can ching?"

a bone to pick fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 30, 2015

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
quote =/= edit

a bone to pick fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 30, 2015

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

BgRdMchne posted:

OP, do you do the yarrow sticks or the coins? I hear the coins don't align with the universe as well.

Coins. I'm just a beginner.

Was hoping to hear some advice from experienced diviners, but it turns out GBS does not give any. I find that strange.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Bacon Hat posted:

read this next it will make your chine magicks stronger

I did, a few years ago.

A man can have many varied interests, who knew.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

H.H posted:

Was hoping to hear some advice from experienced diviners, but it turns out GBS does not give any. I find that strange.

fwiw i had a hippy-ish girlfriend about 15 years ago that was into all this stuff and at the time i found it fascinating and got into iching and casting runes and similar crap

then i realised exactly how loving stupid it was when we broke up lol

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

You should read "The Man in the High Castle", that's heavy on the I Ching.

And then you can explain the ending to me. It's nowhere near the weirdest Philip K. Dick book, but it's the only one that was unsatisfying to me. It ends really abruptly with a bunch of loose threads still up in the air. And I keep wondering if it makes more sense if you know anything about I Ching/if your eyes don't just glaze over at the bits where it talks about it like mine did. I really hope the revelation that they're living in an alternate history that wasn't SUPPOSED to happen and the I Ching proves it because it's predicting the wrong (real) future isn't all there is to it. I mean, I know, that's what the whole premise of the book is???

I agree, the ending left me thouroghly nsatisfied.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Quote-Unquote posted:

fwiw i had a hippy-ish girlfriend about 15 years ago that was into all this stuff and at the time i found it fascinating and got into iching and casting runes and similar crap

then i realised exactly how loving stupid it was when we broke up lol

Interesting. I can't say I'm really a believer, but I find it very interesting.

Did you use the stalks?

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

this poo poo is so good that everyone in china uses it to generate infinite wealth and prosperity right after they use TCM to cure every disease and live for 200 years

its a fact bro, just look at china

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
The I Ching is mysterious and not to be underestimated.

Much like the wily Chinaman himself.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

H.H posted:

Interesting. I can't say I'm really a believer, but I find it very interesting.

Did you use the stalks?

no, only coins

i think i actually still have the bag of clay runes somewhere, not seen them since i moved house 4 years ago though. they were handy tokens for board games and similar nerdery.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

BottledBodhisvata posted:

The I Ching is mysterious and not to be underestimated.

Much like the wily Chinaman himself.

see, this guy gets it.
you know you can trust him because he earned the dgsw seal of approval.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Quote-Unquote posted:

no, only coins

i think i actually still have the bag of clay runes somewhere, not seen them since i moved house 4 years ago though. they were handy tokens for board games and similar nerdery.

Did you use the Wilhelm/Baynes translation? I hear it's the most authoritative, but I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Have you read Lao Tzu?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

osirisisdead posted:

Have you read Lao Tzu?

now that's actually worth reading imo

quote:

I do not concern myself with gods and spirits either good or evil nor do I serve any.

no gods no masters ayy

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Lao Tzu would have done the Galt speech in three sentences.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

osirisisdead posted:

Have you read Lao Tzu?

I haven't, but a cursory look tells me I should. Thanks!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

H.H posted:

Did you use the Wilhelm/Baynes translation? I hear it's the most authoritative, but I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet.

i honestly don't remember, it was well over a decade ago last time i even thought of it until today. and like i said, it was largely just to get into some girl's pants.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

is this like singing a hu song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Quote-Unquote posted:

i honestly don't remember, it was well over a decade ago last time i even thought of it until today. and like i said, it was largely just to get into some girl's pants.

A noble cause in itself.
I bet multitudes of people used the I Ching to ask variations of "How do I get into [insert female name]'s pants?" over the millennia it has been in use.

• Locked thread