Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Beef Turret posted:

What's a deece recc for a plant that produces the most amount of O2 as well as having the lowset possible upkeep? The houseplant for rational individuals if you will

the motherfuckin golden pothos. Put some in a jar of water high up so you can ignore it while it grows long viney things and forget about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Improbable Lobster posted:

Marimo balls are technically algae but I feel like they fit into the house plant paradigm

I have one, can confirm its a good house plant. When it photosynthesizes sometimes the little oxygen bubbles make it float, its cute.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Ferns are complete bullshit. They require almost as much daily attention as a cat and are incredibly bad for bachelorgoon lifestyles because all it takes is one hung-over weekend of not misting them obsessively and they'll loving die on you, crapping their weak-rear end little brown leaves everywhere as a goddamn bonus.

Pothos is the way to go — pay middling attention to it for 6-12 months until you forget to water it for three weeks straight and it loses half its leaves, put it out on the porch and drop six bucks on a new one. THAT is a proper houseplant, my friend.

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
I have an ancient spiderplant that is slowly taking over my house despite my utter neglect. it scares me now.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

PromethiumX posted:

Definitely grow some Angel's Trumpets.

Add the seeds to your oatmeal for a great start to the day!

I don't remember oatmeal leading to so many convulsions... is this normal

walking around
Jul 29, 2013
what plant hates bugs or discourages bugs from sticking around, but is also easy for a person to not make die

i know there are some of these. is snake plant one?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

BigwigML posted:

I have an ancient spiderplant that is slowly taking over my house despite my utter neglect. it scares me now.

sounds about right.

Sleep more than 10 hours one day and it'll wrap itself around you.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

can some of u guys post pictures of your plants please? im thinking about getting some nice plants since i'm currently too poor to decorate

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Before everyone played musical chairs with homes our family had these beautiful cacti set up. Got them like 18 years ago, they were little bitty things like smaller than a tennis ball. By the time we all moved they were 3 feet tall. One of them flowered once, other never got around to it but budded like crazy instead. If you got direct sunlight just put 'em there. Water them a bit but not too much. They sat on the front porch during the warm months, or in a window in the master bathroom. They were good plants, but didn't survive the stress of all the moving.

Place I'm at now has no direct sunlight, it loving sucks. Also I have an insane geriatric autistic cat that will chew on anything. She even gummed at the cacti at the old place but they didn't care.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I got a random rear end fern thing and a little cactusy thing. I don't have to take care of either of them much so they're cool

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I just bought San Pedro seeds. It's the happy cactus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I would like to grow a peace lilly and carry it around with me for years to come.

• Locked thread