Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Soulex posted:

Junior Agogo sounds like a boy band metrosexual dance group.

haha he did well at bristol rovers, 22, 20 and 18 in the three seasons he spent there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

JFairfax posted:

haha he did well at bristol rovers, 22, 20 and 18 in the three seasons he spent there.

That's only a couple seasons from Adam Johnson territory.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

ozmunkeh posted:

That's only a couple seasons from Adam Johnson territory.

:laffo:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
It looks like those Ashley Cole to LA Galaxy rumors are probably correct.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-galaxy-close-to-acquiring-ashley-cole-20151228-story.html

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
About time we had some big transfers in here

Ronaldinho to Racing Club de Montevideo a Done Deal

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Seltzer posted:

PIE: diestro

sounds about right

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Comlink posted:

well if shelvey was looking to go to palace, pardew wouldn't pay £8 let alone £8m for him after that dog shite 55 minutes today.

He found Zaha with some great passes, and was very accurate with his corners and throw ins. Every one went to a Palace player.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

trem_two posted:

Today Barcelona signed a youth player named Sergi Guardiola, but then released him later in the day when it was pointed out that he had anti-Catalan posts on his Twitter.

The transfer season's hottest moves to date.

That's like a guy called Paddy O'Brien laying into the Irish

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Seltzer posted:

Looking good for a 1817 year old.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

tekz posted:

PIE: diestro

sounds about right

lol

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Always a big fan of the transmen thread.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Guardian is doing a big story about Norwich signing Naismith for £8m.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/29/steven-naismith-join-norwich-everton

I hope BSE is happy about signing a striker.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

MrBling posted:

Guardian is doing a big story about Norwich signing Naismith for £8m.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/29/steven-naismith-join-norwich-everton

I hope BSE is happy about signing a striker.

I'd be happier with a couple of centre backs but Naismith would be a decent signing, Norwich is probably about his level and you can't argue with his work rate even if his ability is in doubt. I suspect we'd use him as an attacking midfielder rather than a striker as we're gonna be breaking our transfer record to sign Benik Afobe later in the window you heard it here first I'm ITK.

We're also apparently close to wrapping up a £2.5m move for Dynamo Zagreb's Portuguese right back Ivo Pinto whoever he is and more dubiously we've been linked to Caulker and Rannochia. Exciting stuff.

Other clubs better get a move on or you'll be left in the transfer dust by The Mighty Canaries.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
I can't decide if Caulker is good or not.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
He was good at Spurs and duff everywhere else as far as I know

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Blue Star Error posted:

He was good at Spurs and duff everywhere else as far as I know

I seem to remember him having a good loan spell at Swansea, but sassassin can tell us all about that.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Wasn't he at Cardiff? I seem to remember him scoring bare goals but always being suspect at the back

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
You should be worried about Caulker as he's on track to become the new Nigel 'The Relegator' Quashie

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

There's a story of Giuseppe Rossi going to Liverpool or something either on sale or loan. Not sure how I feel about that.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Soulex posted:

There's a story of Giuseppe Rossi going to Liverpool or something either on sale or loan. Not sure how I feel about that.
gently caress him, he decided he would rather be a fringe player not making the Italian squad than suit up for his homeland, the glorious USMNT Screamin Eagles. Best part about the 2010 World Cup was him riding the plane home with the rest of the poo poo Italian team as they bombed out of the group stage while Team USA went on to the knockout round.

Also, he is 28 and hugely injury prone, and I'm not sure that he would end up any better than Danny loving Ings.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Former Manchester United player Giuseppe Rossi?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Sunderland victim Ricky Alvarez is off to Sampdoria

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I hope Liverpool never buy an Italian ever again.

Borini
Aquilani
Dossena

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Ewar Woowar posted:

I hope Liverpool never buy an Italian ever again.

Borini
Aquilani
Dossena

Good news then, you're buying Giuseppe Rossi

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
newcastle should sign a few players and maybe a new manager or relegation is definitely happening and maybe even then

Gene Ricman
Aug 14, 2008

Blue Star Error posted:

I'd be happier with a couple of centre backs but Naismith would be a decent signing, Norwich is probably about his level and you can't argue with his work rate even if his ability is in doubt. I suspect we'd use him as an attacking midfielder rather than a striker as we're gonna be breaking our transfer record to sign Benik Afobe later in the window you heard it here first I'm ITK.

He is technically limited, but he's always run himself into the ground for us and has a knack of scoring important goals at important times. Hope he does well for you.

I've heard Mirallas is off to Spurs and we're trying to get Yarmolenko in (which is not going to happen).

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

cheese posted:

gently caress him, he decided he would rather be a fringe player not making the Italian squad than suit up for his homeland, the glorious USMNT Screamin Eagles. Best part about the 2010 World Cup was him riding the plane home with the rest of the poo poo Italian team as they bombed out of the group stage while Team USA went on to the knockout round.

Also, he is 28 and hugely injury prone, and I'm not sure that he would end up any better than Danny loving Ings.

M bison yes

pdog
May 7, 2013
imo Americans are the worst and being sour about Rossi is small time, he would've probably got injured in qualifying against Guatemala or whatever wastemen the US play

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Liverpool have been rumoured to be after Pato as well. Either they're really desperate for more injury prone attackers, or agents are leaking fake rumours to the press.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gorn Myson posted:

Liverpool have been rumoured to be after Pato as well. Either they're really desperate for more injury prone attackers, or agents are leaking fake rumours to the press.

Rumos of Pato going somewhere pop up every window for whatever reason. Also I just looked him up on wiki and he's somehow only 26 and was loaned out from Corinthians?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

cheese posted:

That :salt:, so tasty.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

MrBling posted:

I seem to remember him having a good loan spell at Swansea, but sassassin can tell us all about that.

He was good but then went back to spurs where they decided he wasn't a good enough ball-player for their poo poo defence so he left and then it turned out they were right and he's a poo poo scum clogger.

Big Ash just made him look good imo (like Ben Davies).

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Pato is just some mythic foreigner to me. I watched enough Milan games from that period that I must have seen him play at least a few times but I can't remember him on the pitch ever. 90% of my knowledge of him is that he's a massive crock and he's married to Berlusconi's daughter. Having said that, welcome to Anfield Alexandre.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

cheese posted:

lmao this never stops being funny

*unfurls Mix Diskerud/Pac-Man themed tifo*

PLAY FOR YOUR OWN COUNTRY ROSSI YOU BITCH

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hoops posted:

Pato is just some mythic foreigner to me. I watched enough Milan games from that period that I must have seen him play at least a few times but I can't remember him on the pitch ever. 90% of my knowledge of him is that he's a massive crock and he's married to Berlusconi's daughter. Having said that, welcome to Anfield Alexandre.

They never got married but she did probably play a big part in him pissing away his last years at Milan. He was wry good for a few years, last I heard Corinthians fans were booing him out of the stadium, but I have no idea what Sao Paolo fans think of him.

I always liked him, but there wasn't anything really remarkable about his game when he was in form, he was just generally a good striker.

Just for comparison, Rossi when fit is a lot better.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

cheese posted:

Wrong thread

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

They never got married but she did probably play a big part in him pissing away his last years at Milan. He was wry good for a few years, last I heard Corinthians fans were booing him out of the stadium, but I have no idea what Sao Paolo fans think of him.

I always liked him, but there wasn't anything really remarkable about his game when he was in form, he was just generally a good striker.

Just for comparison, Rossi when fit is a lot better.

Yes but have you considered gently caress him, he decided he would rather be a fringe player not making the Italian squad than suit up for his homeland, the glorious USMNT Screamin Eagles. Best part about the 2010 World Cup was him riding the plane home with the rest of the poo poo Italian team as they bombed out of the group stage while Team USA went on to the knockout round.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

I love that Pato goal against Barca where he paced absolutely everyone. Having said that, welcome to Anfield Alexandre.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Danny Ings will prove to be a Very Good Player I pray for a swift recovery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Insanely Sikh posted:

Danny Ings will prove to be a Very Good Player I pray for a swift recovery
Nah