Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm traveling and we got some dunkin Donuts coffee today for the first time in years. This coffee is absolute crap and why do people rave about it? It tastes like ancient sour instant coffee dust scrapings and people actually buy this in the grocery to make at home and pay a premium to do it!! The donuts sucked as well but nobody brags about their Donuts.

Better coffees:
Starbucks: rant all you want they still make a far better cup of coffee than DD. I'm not even a fan but it's true and shameful.
McDonalds: yep even the double arches has a consistently better cup of coffee than DD.
7/11: hands down wipes the floor with DD

The coffee I'm talking about is black house coffee, the way coffee is judged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

thanks op i was going to buy some dunkn donuts cofee but now i wont

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Parallax Scroll posted:

Good. It's really bad!

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I don't drink coffee OP but if I ever start, I will take this into consideration.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

well i'll be corn swaggled and dipped in dog doo

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Demonachizer posted:

I don't drink coffee OP but if I ever start, I will take this into consideration.

Yes, if you do start don't believe the hype.

kazr posted:

well i'll be corn swaggled and dipped in dog doo

That's how I felt tbh.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
i drink folgers. how does dunkin donuts coffee compare to folgers?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
the donuts are actually v. good OP

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I recently discovered that Folgers breakfast blend is tolerable and very cheap. All other Folgers tastes like dirt though.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

did you try dunkin a donut in it op

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Oh do you sometimes pronounce doughnuts like dog nuts? I do and I think it is pretty funny.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i'm stuck in a days inn in the middle of nowhere in arizona and the coffee pods theu provided in my room are not very good either op

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i'm sorry "JAVA POD"

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
i like dunkin donuts for their donuts because everyone that likes krispy kreme is a fagface who wont shut the gently caress up about their lovely garbage donuts THEY ALL SUCK

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

maple bar is the best donut

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I only used to drink the ice coffee, it was just a refreshing quick caffeine fix in a cup...there coffee is about as authentic as olive garden is to italian food, and starbucks isnt that much different either. im no longer caffeine dependent but if i want a nice coffee i will go to my favorite local independent roaster that gets their poo poo directly from the grower and roasts it on site to sell and serve, and its still cheaper than DD/SB shitwater. Ethipian Sidamo is where its at.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

kazr posted:

maple bar is the best donut

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

actually its good, idiot

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
It's much better than Sbux Pike Place Roast

It's a little better than McDs

God Bless

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Folgers owns. gently caress the haters

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's the best fast food coffee by far name one that is better idiot

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
OP is right about the coffee. I think anyone looking for a word to describe it will quickly settle on "sour" and it generally tastes like it was brewed through dirty gym socks

thathonkey posted:

startbucks is fast food and their coffee is foul but still better than duhnkin

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Necros posted:

actually its good, idiot

thathonkey posted:

mad about cofee itt

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I almost never notice a difference between most coffees, except maybe weaker or stronger some places. It never tastes like "bad" coffee though.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Gazpacho posted:

OP is right about the coffee. I think anyone looking for a word to describe it will quickly settle on "sour" and it generally tastes like it was brewed through dirty gym socks

startbucks is fast food and their coffee is foul but still better than duhnkin

they sell chocolate milk too. that might be more your speed.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
startbucks coffee is certified garbage crap that only a moronw ould think is drnkable

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

thathonkey posted:

startbucks coffee is certified garbage crap that only a moronw ould think is drnkable

this is true but peet's is ok. never been to a dunkin donuts

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

just go to wawa fucker.

if u dont have a wawa near u, move.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

thathonkey posted:

it's not like there's much choice in the USA, most every other place selling coffee drinks uses starbucks as a reference for how their product should taste

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
more like king of lies! their coffee is nothing if not respectable go back to vermont you horses rear end

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
starbucks is good and so is dunkin donuts dark roast especially when it is iced

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

A someone who worked in coffee shops for years OP is 100% right. McD's coffee is surprisingly not bad for the "fast food swill" tier

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

King of Bees posted:

I'm traveling and we got some dunkin Donuts coffee today for the first time in years. This coffee is absolute crap and why do people rave about it? It tastes like ancient sour instant coffee dust scrapings and people actually buy this in the grocery to make at home and pay a premium to do it!! The donuts sucked as well but nobody brags about their Donuts.

Better coffees:
Starbucks: rant all you want they still make a far better cup of coffee than DD. I'm not even a fan but it's true and shameful.
McDonalds: yep even the double arches has a consistently better cup of coffee than DD.
7/11: hands down wipes the floor with DD

The coffee I'm talking about is black house coffee, the way coffee is judged.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s058PckyIQ7W You little piece of poo poo. You come to the Dunkin Donuts in Palm Harbor and you'll recieve the worst beatdown of your life. I guarantee you a nightmare if I ever meet you in person kid.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I drink Keurig at work every morning because it's free. Its literal poo poo water but it's caffeinated so whatever. Death is certain who gives a poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cuckoo posted:

A someone who worked in coffee shops for years OP is 100% right. McD's coffee is surprisingly not bad for the "fast food swill" tier

Your broken vertebrae will be surprisingly not bad once Stone Cold Steve Austin's old doctor in San Antonio is done fixing you from the brutal massacre you'll endure if I ever find you on the street.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i got used to a single kind of keurig that i can tolerate at my work then they stopped provoiding them

agreed though kcup is a bad way to drink coffee im not even that much of a snob about it.

so in review: dunkin good, starbucks bad, keurig bad

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

fast food coffee beans are all burnt so none of them are "good" u fuckin plebs

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Your broken vertebrae will be surprisingly not bad once Stone Cold Steve Austin's old doctor in San Antonio is done fixing you from the brutal massacre you'll endure if I ever find you on the street.

yeah!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I got this at TJ Maxx once on sale and it was shockingly good for what seems to be gimmick coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Parallax Scroll posted:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0WoeIrIpaoP Your rear end is grass next time you're in a Tampa Bay area Dunkin Donuts you jabroni.

• Locked thread