Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Starbucks tastes like battery acid, it's impossible to drink black. They must overroast their beans or something. I can tolerate it when it's 2% espresso 90% diluted milky sugary poo poo like their lattes/cappucinos or something. The caramel brulee latte owns.

If you want real coffee that is so naturally sweet it tastes great black and needs nothing, buy some Jamacian Blue Mountain. 30 loving dollars a pound but amazing coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

OctoberBlues posted:

I got this at TJ Maxx once on sale and it was shockingly good for what seems to be gimmick coffee.

This coffee gives me the get up and go I need to fix the world series.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Cuckoo posted:

Starbucks tastes like battery acid, it's impossible to drink black. They must overroast their beans or something. I can tolerate it when it's 2% espresso 90% diluted milky sugary poo poo like their lattes/cappucinos or something. The caramel brulee latte owns.

If you want real coffee that is so naturally sweet it tastes great black and needs nothing, buy some Jamacian Blue Mountain. 30 loving dollars a pound but amazing coffee

Ya, real coffee is good. So why do people pay :10bux: for 12 ounces of lovely ground DD coffee at the store and say its the best on the market? :barf: There's a lot of real coffee at that price point.

Flavored coffee gtfo

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

King of Bees posted:

Ya, real coffee is good. So why do people pay :10bux: for 12 ounces of lovely ground DD coffee at the store and say its the best on the market? :barf: There's a lot of real coffee at that price point.

Flavored coffee gtfo

Despite knowing how good real coffee tastes I do because my job is in a "food dessert" with nothing but lovely fast food options and :effort:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Arian_Samurai posted:

This coffee gives me the get up and go I need to fix the world series.

Joltin' Joe, not Shoeless Joe!!!

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
i live in boston, new england, united states and i usually go to mcdonalds instead of dunkin donuts because it is $1 for a medium iced coffee and it's fine. dunkin is fine too but it is more money. starbucks is not good but if i had a gift card or if someone offered it i wouldn't turn it down.

tim hortons has the worst coffee though i went there with a friend in upstate ny and it was bad

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
DD coffee blows now. It used to be good but now I'd rather just get a coke or something from a 7-11 then pay for a poo poo tasting iced coffee. Also Honey Dew Donuts is also bad.

When DD used to make donuts on site they were really really good.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

KennyLoggins posted:

When DD used to make donuts on site they were really really good.

So true. Things went to poo poo around when they stopped making fresh donuts.

It used to be a nice treat. Now it's just fast food on par with McDonald's and is mediocre at best.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

just go to wawa fucker.

if u dont have a wawa near u, move.

i moved to boston from philly this year (miss wawa :( )

I have discovered that the Dunkin Donuts coffee here is way better than it was back home though. Apparently DD is based in Boston, and the coffee they use here is different from the jet fuel they use elsewhere

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Cuckoo posted:

Starbucks tastes like battery acid, it's impossible to drink black. They must overroast their beans or something.

They do this intentionally, so that they can maintain brand consistency across all their stores. I guess it is way easier to just burn the poo poo out of the beans than to actually try to cook them correctly

not making this up

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

JakeP posted:

They do this intentionally, so that they can maintain brand consistency across all their stores. I guess it is way easier to just burn the poo poo out of the beans than to actually try to cook them correctly

not making this up

Considering their coffee tastes like asphalt smells this does not surprise me.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

caffeine does basically nothing for me so the whole cultural obsession with coffee just baffles me

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I get a medium dunkin donuts coffee, one turboshot, caramael swirl, cream and sugar on the side every single day and every single day I have the worst diarrhea and stomach pains, just the absolute worst fecal spray you can imagine.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

babypolis posted:

caffeine does basically nothing for me so the whole cultural obsession with coffee just baffles me

enjoy your semen I guess human being

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I go to 7 Eleven like 3 times a week because it's on my way to work and like half the time I don't wake up early enough to brew my own.

Their Columbia coffee is the best. It's actually good. Their "Regular Exclusive" is very mediocre, and the other roasts are total garbage especially the Dark Roast.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
OP is dumb, Dunkin coffee is awesome but the doughnuts are subpar

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

+

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

They're just berry seeds man, they aren't worth $1.50 an ounce. Save that money for real drugs.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cute as heck posted:

i like dunkin donuts for their donuts because everyone that likes krispy kreme is a fagface who wont shut the gently caress up about their lovely garbage donuts THEY ALL SUCK
preach, sister

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

DD coffee is nothing to write home about but it still owns. Subpar hangover quality donuts though. Market Basket is the new king of donuts for New England goons out there.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Droid Washington posted:

I go to 7 Eleven like 3 times a week because it's on my way to work and like half the time I don't wake up early enough to brew my own.

Their Columbia coffee is the best. It's actually good. Their "Regular Exclusive" is very mediocre, and the other roasts are total garbage especially the Dark Roast.

thats just an urban legend, idiot

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

idk op. dunkin donuts coffee is like absolutely normal. a ph of 0 on the quality scale. their food however is horrendous

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i bought this son bitch like 2 days ago. will report back goons

http://www.kitchenkapers.com/technivorm-moccamaster-red-glass-coffeemaker.html?src=gprod&gclid=CL7KhKXe_8kCFVUlgQodw-sOKg

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
god bless Wawa for having reliably okay coffee, right?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

zen death robot posted:

Ok so it's not just the one by me that always seems to have stale donuts then?

dude, i bought their breakfast sandwich thing on texas toast twice. have you ever put your tongue in liquid butter and crumbs? thats the flavor of their solid offerings

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

like i couldnt believe a chain would put out such a subpar product but here we are, with dunkin donuts

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
how cool would it be if instead of dunkin doughnuts there was a shirt that said "FUNKIN GONUTS" LOL!!!!!!! :roflolmao: That would be wild right??? hahahahahahahahha

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

FistEnergy posted:

OP is dumb, Dunkin coffee is awesome but the doughnuts are subpar

No, their coffee is really bad. It doesn't taste good at all. :barf:

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
I grind my own hole beans

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Kitsunegari posted:

I grind my own hole beans

Kopi Luwak?

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Yeah homemade I'm buying an ad soon

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Wicker Man posted:

Coffee smells good, but it all tastes like hot water.

that's how i feel about urine

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

dude, i bought their breakfast sandwich thing on texas toast twice. have you ever put your tongue in liquid butter and crumbs? thats the flavor of their solid offerings

Agreeing with this. Say what you will about their coffee but their food is loving horrible jfc

If I'm in fast food hell I order a McDonald's oatmeal, that way it's at least pretend healthy kinda sorta

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
DD iced coffee is good. Starbucks here consistently is what I imagine burnt rubber would taste like if you liquidized it.

Visited Oregon a few times and Dutch Bros is pretty good.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Every time a grown rear end adult tells you 'coffee is gross' and you get that bewildered internal smirking sensation like 'whoa I just discovered a gift here'.

I loving love it every single time.

Hot Cosby
Sep 23, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
god don't you boring flyover people have any locally/independently-owned coffee shoppes?

I discovered a little hole in the wall place only 5 miles out of the way from my commute to work, owned by a perfectly lovely old vanuatuan couple, they even host impromptu bernie rallies some nights

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Big Beef City posted:

Every time a grown rear end adult tells you 'coffee is gross' and you get that bewildered internal smirking sensation like 'whoa I just discovered a gift here'.

I loving love it every single time.

It does make me want to hear more of that person's opinions. Oh, the Pontiac solstice is your favorite car? You want to paint your house turquoise with dark red trim? You saved yourself for marriage? Please, go on!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I make the donuts in a store that still cooks them every day so you watch your mouths you punk asses. And to the person who asked, the plain cake donuts are still wonderful.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

Wormskull posted:

I make the donuts in a store that still cooks them every day so you watch your mouths you punk asses. And to the person who asked, the plain cake donuts are still wonderful.

Are you on US19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

it's better than Starbucks, but i will take the coffee from the small place that just opened next to me any day of the week

• Locked thread