Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/681991223423426560

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Eagles-Release-Head-Coach-Chip-Kelly/fb1d79b9-7dd3-41c9-b964-85ac79d74f2b

quote:

Today, Jeffrey Lurie, Chairman and CEO of the Philadelphia Eagles, released Head Coach Chip Kelly.

“We appreciate all the contributions that Chip Kelly made and wish him every success going forward,” said Lurie.

Coach Pat Shurmur will be interim head coach for Sunday’s game against the New York Giants.

Ed Marynowitz, vice president of player personnel, was also released. Tom Donahoe, former GM of the Buffalo Bills and director of football operations for the Pittsburgh Steelers and senior football advisor for the Eagles since 2012, will assume the role of senior director of player personnel.

A press conference will be held Wednesday, December 30 at the NovaCare Complex at Noon with Lurie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIMujEmFLiM

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

i wonder how he feels about his job security now

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
This loving sucks and I am speechless and I hate everything.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can't wait for the Eagles to have 4-6 win seasons. They dumb.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
So much for coaching stability.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Wow drat. I'm not a big fan of Chip Kelly but I don't think this was a great move for the eagles.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
EDP is having a stroke

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Roger Craig posted:

Wow drat. I'm not a big fan of Chip Kelly but I don't think this was a great move for the eagles.

I don't think hiring Chip Kelly was a great movie for the Eagles.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
HAHAHHHAAHA

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
This is loving insane.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
What staff positions are going to be open on the Titans?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Wild Ride is over, and I don't know how I feel.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Pat Haden feels like the dumbest person alive right now.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Who's the interm coach that's gonna lay 55 on NY?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Has anyone located LeSean McCoy to ask him what he thinks about this?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Cole posted:

I don't think hiring Chip Kelly was a great movie for the Eagles.
Hiring Chip Kelly to coach was fine. Hiring a college coach to control NFL personnel moves was insane.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
ahahaha crash and burn

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
This is the sort of poo poo that eventually years later is identified as the starting point of a franchise curse, like the Lions trading away Bobby Layne.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

How fast can south Carolina legally fire Muschamp?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Why minions?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Crazy Ted posted:

Hiring Chip Kelly to coach was fine. Hiring a college coach to control NFL personnel moves was insane.

I can agree with this. I retract my previous statement and change it to this instead.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Being an Eagles fan is putting a gun in your mouth and sobbing as pulling the trigger fails to fire any bullets.

But it somehow does fire your head coach. :suicide:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Over rated bust college coach goes back to college.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Just loving end me.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Gosh, this is huge.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Crazy Ted posted:

Pat Haden feels like the dumbest person alive right now.

Why?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

i'm just findin and postin i have no idea why they used minions

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
grats Titans fans

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

A wild, quick ride.

Time to listen to some philly sports radio.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Chip Kelly gets fired after 1 bad year. Jeff Fisher keeps his job after 20 bad years.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
TERRORIST LEADER CHIP KELLY CONFIRMED DEAD

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I hope he goes to the Titans because I don't want Chip on the Lions

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chip Kelly won 10 games his first two years with nick foles and mark sanchez

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

TERRORIST LEADER CHIP KELLY CONFIRMED DEAD

Ehud knows what to do

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I'm sure Clay Helton is fine but keep the interim tag on him for another month and now you have the chance to put Chip Kelly in charge of USC, which would probably work out extremely well.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Everyone pile into #NFL on synirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Winkie01 posted:

Chip Kelly gets fired after 1 bad year. Jeff Fisher keeps his job after 20 bad years.
Tom Coughlin likely keeps his job even though the Giants will miss the playoffs for the fourth year in a row.

• Locked thread