Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

IronClaymore posted:

Remember that episode of Futurama where they say how all of human progress came about solely to impress to opposite sex? Yeah...I don't think I would trust working with someone who is asexual, I'd know they lacked dedication. Maybe if they were a heroin addict or alcoholic as well I'd make an exception, sure, because they'd work to keep their source of income. But an asexual without any substance addiction? No way.

This explains a very lazy coworker I had that just got fired. Had enough energy to constantly spout her vegan, asexual, body positive tumblr bullshit, but being on time and putting things in the right places was too much to ask for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

the trump tutelage posted:

I know a girl who's a deeply closeted lesbian from a fundy Christian family asexual and she's pretty cool.

I'd like to know more

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

vug posted:

i've heard LGBT club type people say that asexuals are, more often than not, weirdos with some ulterior motive for wanting to hang around with the LGBT club
these are the same people that will rip your throat out for suggesting transvestism is the result of a mental condition

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

symbolic posted:

these are the same people that will rip your throat out for suggesting transvestism is the result of a mental condition

mental condition, or mental illness?

different connotations there, and all states of mind are necessarily mental conditions, but not necessarily mental illnesses

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mdm posted:

mental condition, or mental illness?

different connotations there, and all states of mind are necessarily mental conditions, but not necessarily mental illnesses
i was going to say "mental disease" but that sounded more like bacteria eating your brain

so yeah, mental illness

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
yeah people who believe gender is anything more than a social construct are mentally ill and some people are way into the gender thing

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'm a sexy Al

IronClaymore posted:

Remember that episode of Futurama where they say how all of human progress came about solely to impress to opposite sex? Yeah...I don't think I would trust working with someone who is asexual, I'd know they lacked dedication. Maybe if they were a heroin addict or alcoholic as well I'd make an exception, sure, because they'd work to keep their source of income. But an asexual without any substance addiction? No way.

Asexuals are the loving neutrals of society

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

If a person doesn't want to have sex then that's cool. Making up weird fake terms for it is hilarious and mockable, but there's no need to get angry about it

It's probably pretty hard being fifteen on the internet

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

vug posted:

i've heard LGBT club type people say that asexuals are, more often than not, weirdos with some ulterior motive for wanting to hang around with the LGBT club

You are being a bad ally.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

symbolic posted:

Because you are being a bad ally.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
When asexuals want to make a new asexual do they just cut off their arm and the parts regrow into two asexuals?

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Zelder posted:

If a person doesn't want to have sex then that's cool. Making up weird fake terms for it is hilarious and mockable, but there's no need to get angry about it

It's probably pretty hard being fifteen on the internet

Look how bad an ally you are.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Shut the hell up drat

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
My neighbor has an asexual "flag" on her car. It's like pink, white and gray. I've not really said more than three words to her in half a year, but she is a loud, LOUD person and her voice is...very nasally.

Also, if any asexuals are reading, please shut the gently caress up. No one cares who you gently caress so it stands to reason they don't care who you don't gently caress.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Captain Yossarian posted:

Shut the hell up drat

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Captain Yossarian posted:

Shut the hell up drat

:pedophiles:

Moltke
May 13, 2009
Of the scant scientific evidence that exists on asexuals, much of it points to social conditioning as reasons why someone would report that they've never experienced sexual attraction to anyone before. Muslims and middle easterners are much more likely to identify as asexual than their non-Muslim, non-middle eastern counterparts (but there probably are legitimate cases of asexuality that don't have to do with sexual trauma or social incompetence/conditioning). This is the new self-diagnosed asperger's.

quote:

We also found some evidence for differences by ethnicity. Absence of sexual attraction was more commonly reported among respondents of Indian and Pakistani ethnic origin, who made up 12.2% men and 23.2% of women without sexual attraction (in contrast to 2.7% and 2.8% of those who experienced sexual attraction). The differences seemed to be more pronounced among women, and among Pakistani respondents compared to Indian respondents. While we found no evidence for a difference in the proportions who belonged to a religion (compared to having no religion), there were significant differences between religious affiliations, among women. Of note, a larger proportion of respondents reporting an absence of sexual attraction were Muslim (11.6% versus 2.1% among men; 19.2% versus 2.1% among women), while a smaller proportion reported a Christian-based faith (27.5% versus 35.7% among men; 33.7% versus 45.5% among women).

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19419899.2013.774161

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Moltke posted:

This is the new self-diagnosed asperger's.

Bingo.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

is there any scientific research on the increasingly prevalence of something awful dot com forums posters who self-identify as gay?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Moltke posted:

Of the scant scientific evidence that exists on asexuals, much of it points to social conditioning as reasons why someone would report that they've never experienced sexual attraction to anyone before. Muslims and middle easterners are much more likely to identify as asexual than their non-Muslim, non-middle eastern counterparts (but there probably are legitimate cases of asexuality that don't have to do with sexual trauma or social incompetence/conditioning). This is the new self-diagnosed asperger's.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19419899.2013.774161

These muslim chicks just haven't seen my dick yet.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

my autistic sister says she's asexual but now she says she's actually a man? i just ignore it and dont bother talking about it

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

MiracleWhale posted:

is there any scientific research on the increasingly prevalence of something awful dot com forums posters who self-identify as gay?

Posting in GBS is proof-positive. Consider xirself pozzed.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

MiracleWhale posted:

I think the recent ban on expressing ones homosexuality freely might skew the results

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

mdm posted:

I think the recent ban on expressing ones homosexuality freely might skew the results

the new meme is "i'm asexual", you saw it here first folks

i feel like this dynamic - suppression of "i'm gay" by lowtax-style oppressors, followed by the rise of "i'm asexual" - may play out sometimes in real life. truly these dead gay forums are society writ small

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

MiracleWhale posted:

the new meme is "i'm asexual", you saw it here first folks

i feel like this dynamic - suppression of "i'm gay" by lowtax-style oppressors, followed by the rise of "i'm asexual" - may play out sometimes in real life. truly these dead gay forums are society writ small

Hillary Clinton: First asexual president

And everyone thought it was Huma...

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

vug posted:

Either that or they're just waiting for an easy lay. The LGBT club in the college I used to go to had three different "lesbians" end up loving three different "gay" dudes over the course of the year. None of these people ever hosed anyone of the same sex. Usually a club based around sexual identity is full of broken people, because the normal people just get the gently caress on with it.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

im gray

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I thought I was asexual for a while but that was just because I got so good at jacking off that sex felt bland in comparison.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

dogstile posted:

Either that or they're just waiting for an easy lay. The LGBT club in the college I used to go to had three different "lesbians" end up loving three different "gay" dudes over the course of the year. None of these people ever hosed anyone of the same sex. Usually a club based around sexual identity is full of broken people, because the normal people just get the gently caress on with it.

nothing wrong with that

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Groovelord Neato posted:

being asexual must own tbh. don't have to work out or dress nice or have a decent job and a decent place. can just be the ubergoon and never worry. paradise really.

This is why bullying exists.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

mdm posted:

yeah people who believe gender is anything more than a social construct are mentally ill and some people are way into the gender thing

This but unironically

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Ally is a stupid term

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

This but unironically

is this a thing where gender isnt actually having a penis but a totally different term that no sane person cares about or is that sex... i dunno anymore

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Gender is your current mood

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Don Tacorleone posted:

I'm a sexy Al

Asexuals are the loving neutrals of society

way more annoying than neutrals

it's like an even more self-absorbed version Zapp Branigan attacked the neutral planet of normies

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

my current gender is blue

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

EngineerSean posted:

Look how bad an ally you are.

wow dude

harsh

you're a bad ally of allies

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

mdm posted:

Hillary Clinton: First asexual president

And everyone thought it was Huma...

during the 2008 elections there were rumors that Hilary Clinton had a relationship with Huma Abdein. it would be the perfect storm if it were true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

That Robot posted:

wow dude

harsh

you're a bad ally of allies

Please don't put my allies in chains

• Locked thread