Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Don Tacorleone posted:

Please don't put my allies in chains

In a nutshell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Moltke posted:

Of the scant scientific evidence that exists on asexuals, much of it points to social conditioning as reasons why someone would report that they've never experienced sexual attraction to anyone before. Muslims and middle easterners are much more likely to identify as asexual than their non-Muslim, non-middle eastern counterparts

Have their clitorises been removed?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I legitimately can't imagine not enjoying or wanting to have sex ever. I don't mean that I don't believe it exists, but it is truly an alien idea

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

phasmid posted:

Also, if any asexuals are reading, please shut the gently caress up. No one cares who you gently caress so it stands to reason they don't care who you don't gently caress.

I'm not asexual but it's loving ridiculous how co-workers think it's acceptable to stick their snouts into my business.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Captain Yossarian posted:

I legitimately can't imagine not enjoying or wanting to have sex ever. I don't mean that I don't believe it exists, but it is truly an alien idea

What about when you're a literal child and don't have adult sex hormones
Also apparently the contraceptive pill can cause chronic hormone deficiency if used long term (e.g. for therapeutic reasons)

I mean you can't help but wonder how often these issues discussed in the field of identity politics can be explained by hormones being hosed up

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
Demisexual = I don't gently caress on the first date and this is a sexual orientation

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I knew an asexual. She had blue hair. Surprised?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

RaceBannon posted:

Yes. Green or pink would have been my first guess.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I really hope all my friends and family are asexual cause I don't wanna picture them having sexual intercourse.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

dreezy posted:

I really hope all my friends and family are asexual cause I don't wanna picture them having sexual intercourse.

I have bad news.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

RaceBannon posted:

Only surprised if her black roots weren't showing.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Absolute Lithops posted:

Demisexual = I don't gently caress on the first date and this is a sexual orientation

Since everyone is getting so good at changing word definitions, I've decided "demisexual" now means "will only have sex with Demi Moore".

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

ghlbtsk posted:

Since everyone is getting so good at changing word definitions, I've decided "demisexual" now means "will only have sex with Demi Moore".

same, but I'll settle for jackin' it to GI Jane.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

That Robot posted:

during the 2008 elections there were rumors that Hilary Clinton had a relationship with Huma Abdein. it would be the perfect storm if it were true

The rumors are still there, and its still as absurd

hemale in pain posted:

my current gender is blue

this pretty much sums up why gender is a social construct and an illusion

if you think there's a biological basis for boys = blue and girls = pink you have to be some kind of retarded

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
If someone claims from youth onward (ie is a virgin) and identifies as asexual, how do they justify politicizing sex? Sex they've never had? Isn't that what Ted Haggard did before he came out of the closet? Stall, whatever?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think that this is dumb. The real dumb thing is that people feel pressured by society to have certain viewpoints on stuff like sex. That causes stupid poo poo like this to emerge.

Why can't we all... just get along?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

SHISHKABOB posted:

I think that this is dumb. The real dumb thing is that people feel pressured by society to have certain viewpoints on stuff like sex. That causes stupid poo poo like this to emerge.

orgy porgy?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

SHISHKABOB posted:

sex is pretty good dude, i think everyone should have the sex as often and as much as possible.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'm really quite insufferable

Does this mean I'm asexual?

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
The real catch 22 is actual asexuals would never raise a fuss about this poo poo, just blend into the background. Because why the gently caress would they care.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Fellbat posted:

The real catch 22 is actual asexuals would never raise a fuss about this poo poo, just blend into the background. Because why the gently caress would they care.

Exactly. I want to see the masturbation logs of these so called "asexuals". Dollars to donuts these bastads are cranking it just as much as your average "pro-sexual ".

BRING ME THE LOGS!!!

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I don't believe in premarital sex and I also don't believe I'll be able to get married in my current situation. Someone come up with a word for this rare and insufferable condition.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

CowOnCrack posted:

I don't believe in premarital sex and I also don't believe I'll be able to get married in my current situation. Someone come up with a word for this rare and insufferable condition.

insufferablexuality

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Fellbat posted:

I'm acquainted with a stupid idiot girl who identifies as asexual and constantly complains about people hitting on her and the overall focus on sexuality in the media, gay or straight

Really, the worst of both worlds

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich

dreezy posted:

insufferablexuality

W00t

Don Tacorleone posted:

I'm acquainted with a stupid idiot girl who identifies as asexual and constantly complains about people hitting on her and the overall focus on sexuality in the media, gay or straight

Really, the worst of both worlds

I fell in love with one and was trapped until the conversation I had with her where she explained her condition known as aromanticism. Then something clicked and I moved far away from that individual in space and time.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Loonies tend to be attracted to people who politely attempt to listen even though they're bored. They're attentionsexuals.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

ShaqDiesel posted:

Exactly. I want to see the masturbation logs of these so called "asexuals". Dollars to donuts these bastads are cranking it just as much as your average "pro-sexual ".

BRING ME THE LOGS!!!

Apparently they get the urge to get off, physically. Though they claim to not fantasize about anything for the "mechanical act," likening it to being hungry or tired.

I never thought I'd find the idea of getting physical with a sexy dude hot until I gave it shot, then whelp.

I'm still convinced that they are low on testosterone or just full of poo poo.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Wicker Man posted:

Apparently they get the urge to get off, physically. Though they claim to not fantasize about anything for the "mechanical act," likening it to being hungry or tired.

I never thought I'd find the idea of getting physical with a sexy dude hot until I gave it shot, then whelp.

i know a dude who is like that with food. like he doesnt ever look at some delicious looking food and think "mmm that looks good, i wanna eat that, yum", he just eats for sustenance and i picture him treating masturbation the same way.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

dreezy posted:

i know a dude who is like that with food. like he doesnt ever look at some delicious looking food and think "mmm that looks good, i wanna eat that, yum", he just eats for sustenance and i picture him treating masturbation the same way.

Do you picture a lot of "dudes" masturbating, in general?

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Wicker Man posted:

Interesting claim but:

Wicker Man posted:

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Don Tacorleone posted:

Do you picture a lot of "dudes" masturbating, in general?

so what if i do!

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

If you think asexuals are insufferable, wait'll ya hear about these "lawyer" fellas! They're somethin' else!

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Captain Yossarian posted:

yeah pretty much. it's fundamental to who i am as a human being

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

ScrubLeague posted:

Far too many people here care about poo poo other people think or do that doesn't involve them at all.

It's cool to care, actually.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Absolute Lithops posted:

i always assumed demisexual really meant "I can't get it up for someone I don't like as a person" which I can relate to

sorry for seriousposting, dunno what's come over me

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

MiracleWhale posted:

i always assumed demisexual really meant "I can't get it up for someone I don't like as a person" which I can relate to

sorry for seriousposting, dunno what's come over me

Better wank the demons out.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Wicker Man posted:

Better wank the demons out.

10-4

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Assuming for a moment there is a biological/genetic reason for asexuality, I wonder if there is similarly an environmental factor in the form of increased awareness/promotion of the dangers of sexual relationships in the forms of pregnancy, STDs, abusive partners, etc. that might be causing a spike in social awareness.

It's not longer just some immeasurable internal lack of feeling that you can't explain to people, but you've got society giving you a lot of things that are reinforcing that viewpoint as to why NOT having sexually-oriented relationships are ultimately good.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

mdm posted:

The rumors are still there, and its still as absurd

this pretty much sums up why gender is a social construct and an illusion

if you think there's a biological basis for boys = blue and girls = pink you have to be some kind of retarded

Gender is another term for biological sex. Stuff about whether boys are supposed to wear blue is, like, a cultural tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Maoist Pussy posted:

Gender is another term for biological sex.
see ive tried to tell ppl this and all they do is shriek and dye their hair blue

• Locked thread