Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Fingers 2-0 TheLawinator

Drew gas into an atog-fling game 1, game 2 he mulled to 5 and managed to slow me down a lot but I drew more creatures than he did removal.

Mikujin I'll be available for maybe 2 hours each evening this week from about 7-9 est

You beating me spared me the hell that is facing burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Ah ok, if those times are doable for you then it's probably easier if you pick a day so I'll make sure to be on. This week sucks for me and this weekend is busy too, so we'll make it work whenever.
Well let's try tonight if you've got the time.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

TheLawinator posted:

You beating me spared me the hell that is facing burn.

C'mon now burn is so much fun.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Mikujin posted:

C'mon now burn is so much fun.

A bit rough for the ol sign in blood phyrexian rager deck.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

TheLawinator posted:

A bit rough for the ol sign in blood phyrexian rager deck.

Haha yeah I've seen that in action

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Longdong I'm home now and should be for the foreseeable future. Hit me up here/on MTGO whenever you're ready (if you are available).

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Mikujin posted:

Longdong I'm home now and should be for the foreseeable future. Hit me up here/on MTGO whenever you're ready (if you are available).

You've been challenged! I'll leave it for for a bit while I do some work

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Burn turns up the heat and goes 2-0 against affinity. Game 2 saw me Smash to Smithereens his only land drap (on my T2, no less) which set him back enough on an otherwise pretty good-looking draw. Fireblast is just as strong as ever.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Well, that was fast.

Fingers 0-2 Mikujin

Game 1 you were dead next turn, is as always the story against burn. Game 2 I had a good keep vs you but the smash on my land kinda stole that away. GGs

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

So I'll play the winner of DAD LOST MY IPOD and (winner of Snacks v. Some Numbers), correct?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Mikujin posted:

So I'll play the winner of DAD LOST MY IPOD and (winner of Snacks v. Some Numbers), correct?

Right, and you'll be on the draw.

Play your match Snackman and Some Numbers!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

suicidesteve posted:

I'm sorry, I'm still on the clock! I will be off within 45 minutes and will drive home like a bat out of hell.

With luck, I can be home in about an hour, hour and a half.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

suicidesteve posted:

Oh yea, being 8th seed I've just been giving everyone the choice (which has been the draw) every game. Honestly though, I think my win-rate has been better on the draw than the play - the extra card really seems to help when your overhead for lands is like... can I play 2 of them?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm on

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Mikujin posted:

Oh yea, being 8th seed I've just been giving everyone the choice (which has been the draw) every game. Honestly though, I think my win-rate has been better on the draw than the play - the extra card really seems to help when your overhead for lands is like... can I play 2 of them?

Well you're not force to be on the draw but your opponents will all have the choice.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I won 2-0 against some of the worst draws I've ever seen MTGO bestow on someone.
Edit: sign me up for the next tourney too I lost the thread.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Mulliganed 5 times and couldn't ever actually cast anything. Some Numbers 0-2 Snacks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

I won 2-0 against some of the worst draws I've ever seen MTGO bestow on someone.

I had five Muscle Slivers in my hand game 2.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Snackman play DAD LOST MY IPOD then the winner of that plays Mikujin.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Hurry up you guys so I can give the Burn player winner an MED pack!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I beat Burn once already this tournament :smuggo:
Snacks can you do tomorrow afternoon/evening?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Also Some Numbers are you around so I can get my stuff back?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

They were close enough that I can't wait to make a bunch of Burning Vengeance puns. (If only it were common, I'd run a 1 of for no reason)

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Mikujin posted:

They were close enough that I can't wait to make a bunch of Burning Vengeance puns. (If only it were common, I'd run a 1 of for no reason)

Play 4 Flame Jab to really get that Vengeance value.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Yeah, those were serious nailbiters. Closest games I've had all tournament. Maybe we'll rematch, fingers crossed!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I work a double tomorrow but I'll post when I get home.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD's goblins defeated Snacksmaniac's Acid Trip 2-1. In game 3 he gained more than 30 life but I drew two lands total and nothing but gas in the top 25 cards of my deck.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

DAD LOST MY IPOD's goblins defeated Snacksmaniac's Acid Trip 2-1. In game 3 he gained more than 30 life but I drew two lands total and nothing but gas in the top 25 cards of my deck.

Play Mikujin.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Mikujin, will you be around tomorrow? I've gotta sack out soon. It's rematch time.

EDIT: This is for all the marbles, right? Should we try to stream it or something?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Mikujin, will you be around tomorrow? I've gotta sack out soon. It's rematch time.

EDIT: This is for all the marbles, right? Should we try to stream it or something?

It is. If you want to, just let me know and I'll do all the PR. I have no idea how to do that stuff though so :shrug: Don't worry about rushing it; we got 2 rounds over in a week so that's pretty good time already.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I'll be around tonight and throughout the day (not sure what times) tomorrow. Definitely would like to try and get it in sooner than later since my PC will be getting packed up Thursday sometime before I leave. I dunno if streaming it will be worth it - I think we finished our last 3 matches in like 10 minutes.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Mikujin posted:

I'll be around tonight and throughout the day (not sure what times) tomorrow. Definitely would like to try and get it in sooner than later since my PC will be getting packed up Thursday sometime before I leave. I dunno if streaming it will be worth it - I think we finished our last 3 matches in like 10 minutes.

I don't remember your time zone but I can be on anytime after 6:30 EST today

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I don't remember your time zone but I can be on anytime after 6:30 EST today

Alaska Standard Time :whatup:

I'll be around (I might not be on my PC exactly). Just hit me up when you're around and I'll do my best to be able to battle.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Mikujin posted:

Alaska Standard Time :whatup:

I'll be around (I might not be on my PC exactly). Just hit me up when you're around and I'll do my best to be able to battle.

I'm on now. I see you around. Let's do it.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD's goblins take it 2-1 over Mikujin's burn.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Congrats to DAD LOST MY IPOD, who managed to narrowly steal the win 1-2. Games 1 and 3 I ended up with a lot of 2 CMC spells and it slowed my rollout, but both games came down to moments where either of us untapping one the game. Nailbiters the whole way through, definitely the most fun matchup I've had.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

DAD LOST MY IPOD's goblins take it 2-1 over Mikujin's burn.

Yo dawg, expect a message from me for your prize. I'll be on around 8:30PM eastern.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Yo dawg, expect a message from me for your prize. I'll be on around 8:30PM eastern.

I'm about to go cook dinner but I'll be checking in periodically!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I'm about to go cook dinner but I'll be checking in periodically!

I have 1 spare ticket apparently, so I'll be giving that to you as my prize support as well (meager though it is). :toot:

• Locked thread