Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

L0cke17 posted:

Do we have any prizes for this? I've got a couple tickets apparently that I had forgotten about I'd donate to a prize pool if we wanted to do that.

Whoever wins gets a Masters Edition 4 pack from me. Anyone else got some sweet jank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Hellsau posted:

Whoever wins gets a Masters Edition 4 pack from me. Anyone else got some sweet jank?

Uh I'll put up like a playset of Mulldrifters or something. I'll have to look and see what I have.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

It'd be cool to get like a Hydroblast or something in the running for 1st. It's like Pauper Power.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I'll throw 2/3X tickets in to the winner and 1/3x tickets to second where X is however are in my inventory when Im at home and check. And if I can find one on magic online a Bone Flute to last place.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

L0cke17 posted:

I'll throw 2/3X tickets in to the winner and 1/3x tickets to second where X is however are in my inventory when Im at home and check. And if I can find one on magic online a Bone Flute to last place.

I'll donate a Twiddle to pair with the Bone Flute.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

I've got a sleek playset of Invigorate that I bought before looking up the banlist for 8th/9th place

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I think I'm gonna play rug tron too. When do pairings get made? I have a Travis yun Hitler Woo vid in my watch later about elf combo, and may switch to that.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

always be closing posted:

I think I'm gonna play rug tron too. When do pairings get made? I have a Travis yun Hitler Woo vid in my watch later about elf combo, and may switch to that.

Probably Monday and we'll give people until Sunday to get their matches in.

Although tbh I don't actually know how to do the whole pairings thing so if anyone has a suggestion I'm open to it.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Do you want to do swiss pairings or a league where you just play x matches?

Google found this swiss pairings app. http://mtgarena.appspot.com/

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Rug tron talk: using a stock list off goldfish I'd like to replace prismatic lens with something else, I don't like not drawing a card off it. Any suggestions?

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

I'm just gonna run 1 land spy because I hate actually playing magic.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Rug tron talk: using a stock list off goldfish I'd like to replace prismatic lens with something else, I don't like not drawing a card off it. Any suggestions?

Do you have the list? I've never seen that played before. Do you have the 2 prismatic lands + the 4 cantrip artifacts + 8 chromatics already?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

instantrunoffvote posted:

I'm just gonna run 1 land spy because I hate actually playing magic.

God bless you. I have that sleeved up on my desk to goldfish because it's funny as hell what you can do to the game.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I'll play. Username IBMS, playing mono-red heroic for the hell of it.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Mtgo name is Cactrot as well, can't decide between Delver fiend and infect. Don't make me choose!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

grostj1a, acid trip.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Cactrot posted:

Mtgo name is Cactrot as well, can't decide between Delver fiend and infect. Don't make me choose!

You're playing Delver then.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

suicidesteve posted:

You're playing Delver then.

I will play DelverFiend, yes.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
I assume since we're sharing decks, its bad form to sideboard for the metagame? because URW has a horrible game against tron, so should I not make my list to account for that, or...?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Terrible Horse posted:

I assume since we're sharing decks, its bad form to sideboard for the metagame? because URW has a horrible game against tron, so should I not make my list to account for that, or...?

Yeah I'd say to just keep your normal sideboard more or less. Like if you normally play on MTGO your sideboard is probably all anti-Delver so I don't expect it to be an exact copy from there but don't make your sideboard 15 Stone Rain effects to beat Tron, for example. Probably should have had people send me their archetype in private to avoid this kind of thing tbh, but I didn't think of that until now.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

suicidesteve posted:

Yeah I'd say to just keep your normal sideboard more or less. Like if you normally play on MTGO your sideboard is probably all anti-Delver so I don't expect it to be an exact copy from there but don't make your sideboard 15 Stone Rain effects to beat Tron, for example. Probably should have had people send me their archetype in private to avoid this kind of thing tbh, but I didn't think of that until now.

ok word. sideboarding in pauper seems like a crapshoot anyway so whatever.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

Do you have the list? I've never seen that played before. Do you have the 2 prismatic lands + the 4 cantrip artifacts + 8 chromatics already?

Here's my current list:

Creatures:
4 sea gate oracle
4 mulldrifter
4 Fangren Marauder
1 Ulamog's Crusher

Artifacts:
4 Chrome Sphere
4 Chrome Star
4 Exp. Map
4 Prophetic prism
4 Prismatic lens

Instants:
4 Lightning Bolt

Sorcery:
4 Ancient Stirrings
2 Rolling Thunder

Lands:
4 Mine
4 Power plant
4 Tower
4 Haunted Fengraf
1 Shimmering Grotto

I feel likie id rather have a better card than the lens, since its not cantripping.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Here's my current list:

Creatures:
4 sea gate oracle
4 mulldrifter
4 Fangren Marauder
1 Ulamog's Crusher

Artifacts:
4 Chrome Sphere
4 Chrome Star
4 Exp. Map
4 Prophetic prism
4 Prismatic lens

Instants:
4 Lightning Bolt

Sorcery:
4 Ancient Stirrings
2 Rolling Thunder

Lands:
4 Mine
4 Power plant
4 Tower
4 Haunted Fengraf
1 Shimmering Grotto

I feel likie id rather have a better card than the lens, since its not cantripping.

Run 2 firebolt/ 2 flame slash instead. You need them for delver matchups. I didn't realize there were any lists running prismatic lens, seems bad.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

I'm in, playing soul sisters as BigMACKenzie on modo. Have a promo mulldrifter to toss into the prize pool

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Run 2 firebolt/ 2 flame slash instead. You need them for delver matchups. I didn't realize there were any lists running prismatic lens, seems bad.

I don't think there's a reason to have less than 4 Firebolts.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent
Thanks to good Goon static equilibrium I will indeed be playing. He's lent me a UB control deck so I can now durdle with the best of them.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
If it's not too late, you can sign me up as Boco_T. I need to get my deck, but I will be playing Midnight Presence and I've never played Pauper before so I expect to lose every match in the league.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

If you are still accepting domers, I would like to join. MODO name is kantanmode and I have been playing mono black lately.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I got the 38 of the 40 cards I was missing from the list I found for a total of 0.532 tix bot credit I already had, so I decided I just wasn't going to pay the 3.2 tix for the 2 Holy Light in the sideboard and put some Gut Shots in there for free. Some of the cards were .002 tickets. 1/5 of one cent. Pauper rules.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Boco_T posted:

I got the 38 of the 40 cards I was missing from the list I found for a total of 0.532 tix bot credit I already had, so I decided I just wasn't going to pay the 3.2 tix for the 2 Holy Light in the sideboard and put some Gut Shots in there for free. Some of the cards were .002 tickets. 1/5 of one cent. Pauper rules.

Hit me up for Holy Lights, why the gently caress are they that expensive I'm sure I have a boatload of them.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Hellsau posted:

Hit me up for Holy Lights, why the gently caress are they that expensive I'm sure I have a boatload of them.

Goon league is the best league. Anyone have any ramosian Rally's or banner guide dudes? :(

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

PleasantDirge posted:

Goon league is the best league. Anyone have any ramosian Rally's or banner guide dudes? :(

Man it really would have been nice if they made the Masques format draftable instead of merging all the horrible poo poo into one mess of a pack where you're lucky to get more than fifteen playables. Maybe they can do a Masques Remastered and increase the supply of these cards.

Daze would be rare and Port a mythic.

e: this post brought to you by my realization that Ramosian Rally is 3 tickets.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Hellsau posted:

Man it really would have been nice if they made the Masques format draftable instead of merging all the horrible poo poo into one mess of a pack where you're lucky to get more than fifteen playables. Maybe they can do a Masques Remastered and increase the supply of these cards.

Daze would be rare and Port a mythic.

e: this post brought to you by my realization that Ramosian Rally is 3 tickets.

If they remastered MM they would drop daze, port would be mythic and only the oddball but not quite op rares would remain. You might get food chain if the right person makes a few drunken keystrokes at the right time at mythic.

gently caress a $3+ common, I'm going to turn my last 2 marsh flats into expeditions today.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

So I think I want to swap my choice over to RUG Tron, I just got it put together in time

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

So everyone make sure all of your information I have is correct. I think I have everybody's information except for Dehtraen's archetype.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Do we need to send in decklists or anything? Looking forward to this!

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
How do decklists work? Is there an honor rule to not change your deck week to week, or is this more like fantasy football/leagues where you can alter your deck slightly as needed?

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

suicidesteve posted:

So everyone make sure all of your information I have is correct. I think I have everybody's information except for Dehtraen's archetype.

Sorry, thought I already replied. Acid Trip for me.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

checkplease posted:

How do decklists work? Is there an honor rule to not change your deck week to week, or is this more like fantasy football/leagues where you can alter your deck slightly as needed?

No deck lists (2 of you PMd me them but I didn't look at them.) Just don't be crappy and change your deck between rounds. I'd hope nobody here would be lame enough to cheat to win like, $3.50 worth or prizes. I suppose we'll probably do deck lists for the top 8 so PM or email (my name @ gmail) me your lists. Also I'll be deck checking people randomly.

No I won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Here's my current list:

This is a really strange list. I don't think I've ever seen any without all 4 Firebolt, although that build is constructed a lot differently than the norm with no colored lands and 4 Fengraf. The usual builds have 2 Fengraf, the R/U lands that cycle for 2, some basics, and 2 of the filter lands. The Lens thing is interesting but I can't really see how it's better if you're only playing 1 Crusher. That would be a thing to do if you're playing multiple Crushers so you can play them on turn 3.

• Locked thread