Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
My earth got scorched, 0-2

jeskai is such poo poo against Tron, although the Journeys are nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Well I'm glad nobody in here is playing Cloud of Faeries because we'd have to ban you from the tournament.

RiP that card, may all of the copies in the world burn.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

suicidesteve posted:

Well I'm glad nobody in here is playing Cloud of Faeries because we'd have to ban you from the tournament.

RiP that card, may all of the copies in the world burn.

It's been a long time coming. Now if we can just get rid of Delver of Secrets we'll be in a good spot.

Now I just need to remember what decks I stopped playing because they couldn't ever beat Delver>Cloud+Sprite.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Hellsau posted:

It's been a long time coming. Now if we can just get rid of Delver of Secrets we'll be in a good spot.

Now I just need to remember what decks I stopped playing because they couldn't ever beat Delver>Cloud+Sprite.

To be fair, Delver at least dies to Firebolt, regular Bolt, Galv Blast, and Flame Slash. Even Electrickery pre-flip. And now they can't play a free 1/1 flyer to hold up a spellstutter to counter those removal spells.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

To be fair, Delver at least dies to Firebolt, regular Bolt, Galv Blast, and Flame Slash. Even Electrickery pre-flip. And now they can't play a free 1/1 flyer to hold up a spellstutter to counter those removal spells.

Yeah, that's cool, except Delver is so ridiculously powerful that if you take a creatureless U/B Teachings deck, and just add 4 Delvers, you're better off because you get a vast amount of free wins by just playing a 1 mana 3/2 flier and killing or countering anything your opponent does. The card is simply too good when it flips on the first try.

and it always flips on the first try

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Hellsau posted:

and it always flips on the first try

We must be playing different Delvers then. Mine are about .7% to flip on turn 2 unless I have a good enough draw that it doesn't matter if they flip on turn 2.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

We must be playing different Delvers then. Mine are about .7% to flip on turn 2 unless I have a good enough draw that it doesn't matter if they flip on turn 2.

Yeah and that means your opponents' Delvers are 99.3% to flip. That's just math.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Yeah and that means your opponents' Delvers are 99.3% to flip. That's just math.

Hmm. Yeah that math checks out.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

suicidesteve posted:

Hmm. Yeah that math checks out.

Seems good.

If anyone cares Ramosian Rally is still MIA in foil but the Normy ones hit $2.75 yesterday and hopefully keeps dropping back towards a reasonable number. I hope the flashback drafts help with the stupid prices on commons only good in pauper from old janky sets.

I'm really glad I sold my U delver deck when they kicked out treasure cruise, maybe if they keep banning blue cards the deck will be just okay instead of 50% of the meta :rolleyes:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I don't know a lot about Pauper, but banning Cloud of Faeries seems insanely good for the format.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

I don't know a lot about Pauper, but banning Cloud of Faeries seems insanely good for the format.

Correct. Mono Blue Delver gets its best opening weakened, which helps MBC a bit, and Familiar Storm no longer makes people choose between playing the best deck or choosing to not be miserable. Also Cloud should have been banned back when Mono-Blue Cloudpost was wrecking everything so it is a long time coming.

This also helps weaken High Tide if that's a factor for paper people, though that probably should still stay banned.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Both decks I have built on modo pretty handily crushed Cloud of Faeries decks though. I think with it gone from the format my decks get slightly worse since those matches were so horrifically in my favor it seemed.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

L0cke17 posted:

Both decks I have built on modo pretty handily crushed Cloud of Faeries decks though. I think with it gone from the format my decks get slightly worse since those matches were so horrifically in my favor it seemed.

I'm in a similar position, but on the other hand I have a bunch of free sideboard slots now.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Static Equilibrium posted:

I'm in a similar position, but on the other hand I have a bunch of free sideboard slots now.

I was basically pre-boarded for it. I only had 4 cards to bring in from the board. And all those were good in other matchups too.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I've randomly had heaps of work and haven't had any time free, and definitely won't be able to make american hours. I'm going to have to drop from the league, sorry everyone :(

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
sorry I've been slacking, netcat I added you as a buddy and I should be around tomorrow evening or monday evening.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Tim Raines IRL posted:

sorry I've been slacking, netcat I added you as a buddy and I should be around tomorrow evening or monday evening.

I've been slacking too so no worries. Hopefully we can manage to get a game before the deadline

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Cactrot we still on for tonight? I should be on from 8-11pm est.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Reminder: you have until I wake up tomorrow to get your results in, or at least be playing your match. This will likely be between 10am and noon EST.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

always be closing posted:

Cactrot we still on for tonight? I should be on from 8-11pm est.

Yeah, I'll be on at 8 your time, mtgo name is the same as here.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Cactrot posted:

Yeah, I'll be on at 8 your time, mtgo name is the same as here.

Sounds good man, jm gonna fire up the pc as soon as this game ends.

E- Cactrot did what he does! Put a clownsuit on your boy. I lose 0-2. GG's man.

always be closing fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 18, 2016

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Just went 2-0 against Always Be Closing, a set of great draws vs some not great draws.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Standard.Deviant wins, Doctor Oozy is dropped, Netcat and Tim Raines IRL draw. New pairings are here. IBMS I'm around a lot as always. Let me know when you're available. Also everyone make sure I got your record right from the previous match. I had to redo the whole bracket because I put in the last match result before dropping Doctor Oozy and that ended up with one person with a bye and another playing against someone who was already dropped. Again, get your results in by next Monday morning.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

instantrunoffvote, I'll log into MTGO at around 8pm Eastern tonight. It's time to duel!

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

SyaticEquilibrium what time(s) work best for you? I'm a dirty student again so my options are pretty open.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I should be good Wednesday evening onwards. I'll hang out in IRC when I'm on.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Mikujin i'm around after 9pm est most nights. Any particular day/days this week good for you? jsiggy on modo

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Four Score, Thursday and Friday are best for me, but I can do most mornings and late evenings PST if those don't work for you.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

thelawinator, I'm free weekday nights (pacific time) this week, my weekend is harder to schedule around.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

superstepa: Lemme know when you can battle!

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

PleasantDirge posted:

SyaticEquilibrium what time(s) work best for you? I'm a dirty student again so my options are pretty open.

I'm in the US, Mountain Time. Tomorrow or Wednesday evening after 6 or sometime during the weekend would be best for me.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 55 minutes!

We're playing this week. What night is good for you?

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Cactrot posted:

thelawinator, I'm free weekday nights (pacific time) this week, my weekend is harder to schedule around.

when you say nights how night are we talking? I am a dude who goes to sleep at night est so if you're saying like 9 PST or later it's a no-go.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Terrible Horse - what's your availability like? I can run games easily from 9am-4pm pacific, outside of that we will have to set a time

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

TheLawinator posted:

when you say nights how night are we talking? I am a dude who goes to sleep at night est so if you're saying like 9 PST or later it's a no-go.

Hah, no, I'm usually home by 3:30 and in bed by 10:30 (hooray for 5:30 AM wakeups!), Tuesday is a weird day where I'm not available until 5 though.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Cactrot posted:

Hah, no, I'm usually home by 3:30 and in bed by 10:30 (hooray for 5:30 AM wakeups!), Tuesday is a weird day where I'm not available until 5 though.

oh cool you're a real person. I can do tomorrow after 5 PST.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

TheLawinator posted:

oh cool you're a real person. I can do tomorrow after 5 PST.

5:30 work?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

jassi007 posted:

Mikujin i'm around after 9pm est most nights. Any particular day/days this week good for you? jsiggy on modo
I'm Mikujin on MODO and I'm usually free most evenings. No particular good or bad days, just hit me up whenever.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Cactrot posted:

5:30 work?

sounds good dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

L0cke17 posted:

superstepa: Lemme know when you can battle!

Added you on mtgo. I should be on every day (that's not a friday) after 12pm PST but I might be somewhat busy this wednesday. If you see me on just shoot me a message and I should be good to go, if that doesn't work out we can schedule a game on either thursday or the weekend

• Locked thread