Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I personally want to see strength and sorcery, since it seems pretty uncommon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm sorry, Vicas, but did you say you can't slide down ladders in Dark Souls 1? :psyduck:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Speedball posted:

Not necessarily, but you bet your rear end Solaire is a Gwyn fanboy at the least.

One of the things I love about Dark Souls is how so little of the background images are just there to be background. Usually, if you can see it, you can later visit it.

I can't wait for Vicas to go to the sun.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I've definitely got something to say about Solaire's dialog, but gonna be a WHILE until it's relevant.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

This is the worst and smallest of nitpicks, but the Estus Flask description is using "treasure" as a verb, not a noun. :eng101:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Obligatum VII posted:

And then he capped it off by dropping absolutely nothing of value.

The thing he CAN drop is a ring that shortens cast time by more than half, though, so I think it balances out.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 10, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Are you using DSFix, by any chance?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

RickVoid posted:

I've only missed my soul sign once this playthrough, to Capra. It was only 4000 some-odd souls... and like six liquid humanity.

This game doesn't teach you a whole lot of things. One of the most important you have to learn for yourself is when to put down the controller and walk away.

Huh, that's strange. I've never heard it called a soul sign before. Are you playing a non-english version, of of curiosity?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lord_Magmar posted:

perhaps his whole mission to find the sun was given to him by the first-born who wants to fix Lordran but can't return because of the whole stripped of your godly status and cast out thing.

Not to shatter your dreams but "find my own sun" pretty clearly refers to Solaire's own motivation of wanting to be as cool and good as the Lord of Sunlight.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lord_Magmar posted:

Well considering the Sunlight Medal has the Symbol of Gwyn's Firstborn and says stuff about him watching over his warriors it's still pretty likely that Solaire has met the guy.

Or, and stay with me here, maybe there's a religious sect in Lordran that reveres the concept of Gwyn's firstborn and gives out medals with an image representing him on it for that reason.

Oh wait no that's literally the truth.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

But that's still much less likely than "we never met the Firstborn, they are not a character in the final game."

Then which NPC is Old Man McLoyf?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Did Geop sit on your controller wire

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

For the record, the slimes' physical defense is a whopping 1500.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I just realized that maybe the placement of that one torch hollow in the slime hallway is hinting at their massive weakness to fire.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Huh. I could've sworn Gaping Dragon was weak to fire, or at least not-resistant.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm almost positive Gaping has a hard-coded resistance to bleed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Vicas posted:

I mean, in 1 the Firelink Shrine crew definitely talks to/about each other a decent amount, given the whole Petrus situation, and the Crestfallen Warrior's little bio of everyone

Now I'm just imagining a Firelink Shrine reality show that takes place solely when the player character isn't there. Thanks, brain.

• Locked thread