Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Shadow posted:

Victim shaming.

I'm not actually kidding at all. At the time I thought the blowjob thing was stupid and it was. But the accusations that were all but silenced were hosed up.

Victim shaming? Because Monica Lewinsky willingly gave Bill Clinton a blowjob, the accusations went away? It doesn't make any sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

mdm posted:

Victim shaming? Because Monica Lewinsky willingly gave Bill Clinton a blowjob, the accusations went away? It doesn't make any sense

They victim shamed the other women who came out.....monica was shamed as well as a whore for the bj. They got Clinton on lying instead of addressing any of the accusations brought on from other women while he was governor and during his campaign for president in 91-92

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

mdm posted:

Those some people sound pretty stupid, why would the accusations go away because another thing happened?

I think you're seriously under-estimating how vicious the attacks on these women were. If you've been dragged into someone else's court case and seen what happened to them, you might think twice about pursuing action of your own.

The accusations about Cosby were also flying around for years. He settled a legal action in respect of sexual impropriety as did Clinton.

Accusations about Rolf Harris were flying around for decades before he was charged.

People fear the pressure the destruction which wealthy, influential people can bring to their lives and that fear is not unfounded.

And yes, the whole impeachment thing did kind of stall anything else at the time. It didn't vindicate Clinton in any way, even though supporters might like to portray it that way.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
I'm surprised Bill Cosby is so vehemently protesting the charges, seeing as going to prison would simply provide more chances for Cosby to get his rape on.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Heard about this on the radio and they played the prosecutors shpiel.

To the effect of Cosby made advances on her a couple times in the past, then one time offered her pills and wine to loosen her up, then she was paralyzed and he did things.

Did I miss the part where Bill shoved the pills down her throat and forced her to guzzle the wine? Something is a bit off.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

pound my tiny little butthole into oblivion

drat thats a great av

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Cartouche posted:

To the effect of Cosby made advances on her a couple times in the past, then one time offered her pills and wine to loosen her up, then she was paralyzed and he did things.

Did I miss the part where Bill shoved the pills down her throat and forced her to guzzle the wine? Something is a bit off.

so the shoving of the pills would be the real rape, right?

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Cartouche posted:

SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THIS BITCH WAS ASKING TO GET RAPED

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
the human body has a way of shutting things down

in cases of real rape pills have no effect

they only affect whores who have post-sex regret

DUH

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Every time a woman does drugs with someone it's OK for that woman to get raped. - Cartouche

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

mdm posted:

so the shoving of the pills would be the real rape, right?

What?

I am merely pointing out that the prosecutor kind of made a leap between offering pills and then her being unable to move. Like you know the part that involves her taking the drugs.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Cartouche posted:

What?

I am merely pointing out that the prosecutor kind of made a leap between offering pills and then her being unable to move. Like you know the part that involves her taking the drugs.

If a girl does drugs with someone then the date rape doesn't count.

lol

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Cartouche posted:

What?

Whether she guzzled wine and/or gobbled pills is incidental to whether or not Cosby raped her

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Cartouche posted:

What?

She said she was rendered paralyzed and unable to speak, and that Cosby lied about the properties of the pills he gave her. So his leap is actually just her statement, which we can informally point out is corroborated by the statements of roughly 50 other women.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Is this the part where I should apologize for actually wanting to hear evidence in a trial before formulating an opinion? Ooops, forgot this was GBS.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Cartouche posted:

A media statement isn't an opening argument for the prosecution. The actual trial will involve events being rehashed in mind-numbing detail.

mdm posted:

Whether she guzzled wine and/or gobbled pills is incidental to whether or not Cosby raped her

In some jurisdictions it could be an aggravating factor and increase the seriousness of the offence and the sentence.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 31, 2015

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Cartouche posted:

Is this the part where I should apologize for actually wanting to hear evidence in a trial before formulating an opinion? Ooops, forgot this was GBS.

I....

Agag posted:

She said she was rendered paralyzed and unable to speak, and that Cosby lied about the properties of the pills he gave her. So his leap is actually just her statement, which we can informally point out is corroborated by the statements of roughly 50 other women.

...don't even know

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3P987gOY_A

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agag posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methaqualone

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
When a girl is unable to move and I just have sex with while she's in a paralyzed condition I weigh up the fact of whether or not pills were shoved down her throat or swallowed as the determining measure of whether I just did a rape

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Cartouche posted:

Yes.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Cartouche posted:

What?

Even if she couldn't move a muscle, do you really think it was ok for Bill Cosby to go "Hrm.... she can't move, she's turned me down twice before, she can't yell for help.... welp, time to gently caress her!"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm the cos wife hanging around still.

Divorce him and take half. Immune from seizure!

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Retail Slave posted:

Even if she couldn't move a muscle, do you really think it was ok for Bill Cosby to go "Hrm.... she can't move, she's turned me down twice before, she can't yell for help.... welp, time to gently caress her!"

Not at all, and I nowhere implied that.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Yeah you kinda did.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Cartouche posted:

Not at all, and I nowhere implied that.

Cartouche posted:

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Like explain how we're supposed to read that.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Ah yes, pointing out that part of the scenario was left out of the statement. Very much equates to "SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THIS BITCH WAS ASKING TO GET RAPED".

Only in GBS.

Well, and likely D&D.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6vMTZZZMqQ

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Hogge Wild posted:

drat thats a great av

I'd argue it looks more like an eskimo than a chinese person, personally.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Retail Slave posted:

Was the general public aware of any allegations made against Cosby by the time Hannibal Burress made that joke? I know he had accusations several years ago and then everyone kind of forgot about it until they all came storming back this year.

it was big news in the philadelphia newspapers and local affiliates while the original case was unfolding. I don't know why the national news didn't pick it up back then

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Cartouche posted:

Ah yes, pointing out that part of the scenario was left out of the statement. Very much equates to "SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THIS BITCH WAS ASKING TO GET RAPED".

Only in GBS.

Well, and likely D&D.

lol you're either a troll or completely loving insane

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Cartouche posted:

Only in GBS.

Well, and likely D&D.

So your problem is the guy didn't say " he offered her pills. Then she took the pills." It's implied she took the pills jackass, my god are you really this thick?

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

asking for evidence = victim blaming?

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Vorik posted:

Probably racism as well.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Remember that meme of the black guy and the words "you gon get raped" are on there?

It's like the future was being foretold but that black in the meme was Bill Cosby.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Vorik posted:

The concept of consent doesn't exist in the anime universe.

bearbaiter
May 30, 2011

Cartouche posted:

Only in GBS.

Well, and likely D&D.

they also left out the part of the statement that said bill cosby stroked it 10-15 minutes to get a good stiffy before wading into that v, and completely neglected to inform the jury of when he was pumping his stiff dick into her while she was unconscious that he bent down, licked her earlobe, and sensually wihspered into her ear "a zip-zop dooby doo baloo, i'm a-rapin' you"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Cartouche posted:

What?

If someone is unable to give consent, that's rape, bud.

• Locked thread