Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Jersey Mike's, Wawa, and Publix are the best chains, but you usually get better subs from the non-chain mom and pop places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im gonna drive to cheba hut for lunch today because of this thread

thank you,

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Chinatown posted:

im gonna drive to cheba hut for lunch today because of this thread

thank you,

you're welcome!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dreezy posted:

personal pick for #1 is firehouse subs. if you don't have firehouse where you live you're missing out on the best sub style sandwiches money can buy. plus they have those five guys Coke machines where you can mix vanilla coke zero with pink fanta.

subway is okay if you're okay with supporting pedophiles.

gently caress lenny's except for their sorta alright phillies cheesesteaks.

I hate quizno's ever since they refused to take my free drink coupon back in 2007. I am not a man who quickly forgives.

firehouse is garbage

there is this italian sub place called Gregiios or something with dank subs near me

sorry that you only eat at fast food chains like a poor

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Pro tip that I haven't been able to take advantage of here, but when I had a Wal Mart close by...

They have giant sub sandwiches in the deli section for $5, normal turkey/roast beef/cheese and also chicken/bacon/ranch. They aren't bad for $5, but quite often they will be marked down 50% because they have to sell by the end of the day and they are definitely worth $2.50

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

OctoberBlues posted:

Pro tip that I haven't been able to take advantage of here, but when I had a Wal Mart close by...

They have giant sub sandwiches in the deli section for $5, normal turkey/roast beef/cheese and also chicken/bacon/ranch. They aren't bad for $5, but quite often they will be marked down 50% because they have to sell by the end of the day and they are definitely worth $2.50
yes i willingly want to degrade myself to the level where i eat dinner at Wal-Mart

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe
I can get a banh mi at the Vietnamese deli a few blocks away for $3.50 that's better than any sub chain sandwich.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

symbolic posted:

yes i willingly want to degrade myself to the level where i eat dinner from Wal-Mart

Once you get used to it, it's not so bad. Make sure to wear pajama pants while you are purchasing the sandwich. That's another pro-tip, you're welcome.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i eat a lot of subbers but i prefer quiznos

we dont have many fast food chains in west coast canada

its all mcdonalds and tim hortons for fucks sake

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

Pro Tip: spend that $2.50 on gasoline then drink it thus killing yourself, which will save you from eating prepared food from a loving wal mart

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Being able to go to a Potbellys is one of the nice things about living in the DC area.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
also a place that makes a drat good sandwich is Ralphs (Kroger). At least mine has a full service deli with sandwich station. They make a drat good salami on sourdough.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Redjakk posted:

I can get a banh mi at the Vietnamese deli a few blocks away for $3.50 that's better than any sub chain sandwich.

oh gently caress, i temporarily forgot about Lardo which has a very good banh mi.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

Pro Tip: spend that $2.50 on gasoline then drink it thus killing yourself, which will save you from eating prepared food from a loving wal mart

Well there isn't a Wal Mart near me anymore, so I am saved from my own self destructive ways. Will consider the gas tip in the future though.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

OctoberBlues posted:

Once you get used to it, it's not so bad. Make sure to wear pajama pants while you are purchasing the sandwich. That's another pro-tip, you're welcome.
gotta let my enormous beer gut hang out, i suppose

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

OctoberBlues posted:

Well there isn't a Wal Mart near me anymore, so I am saved from my own self destructive ways. Will consider the gas tip in the future though.

Where do you live where there's no walmart?

Shatwag
Jan 26, 2003

Laura Croft who?
First of all, it's a hoagie. If you call it a sub you sound like a pussy. And to answer your question, Primo Hoagies.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The loving moon or africa i bet

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

symbolic posted:

i'm sorry you prefer knock-off 7/11 over cleaner 7/11+better subway

Wawas is alright but they're picky with their meat to topping ratio and they have literally like 1/50 the options sheetz does for subs. Sheetz pretty easily wins out over wawa in most food departments based on options and customization alone

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shatwag posted:

First of all, it's a hoagie. If you call it a sub you sound like a pussy. And to answer your question, Primo Hoagies.

hoagie sounds like an old timey term for elephant dick

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hector Beerlioz posted:

utopia

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe

Snatch Duster posted:

oh gently caress, i temporarily forgot about Lardo which has a very good banh mi.

It's a delicious banh mi but it's also like, $10 with no sides.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I live in Denver, so there are a bunch, but I think the closest is like 10 miles away and there about 50 other grocery stores and Targets and whatnot closer than that, so I would never go to Wal Mart.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

GBS!!!
design my subway sub for lunch today

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

numberoneposter posted:

GBS!!!
design my subway sub for lunch today

Tuna and Meatballs

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Redjakk posted:

It's a delicious banh mi but it's also like, $10 with no sides.

then tell me where your $3.5 banh mi shop is at

it better not be a food cart

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wawas is alright but they're picky with their meat to topping ratio and they have literally like 1/50 the options sheetz does for subs. Sheetz pretty easily wins out over wawa in most food departments
i don't know what Wawa you go to but i could easily eat a different sub everyday of the year from Wawa since there's dozens of condiments and veggies

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
publix makes the best subs for the money by far.

Firehouse is good but I have a spectacularly incompetent Firehouse near me that is often not even open during posted business hours, and never answers the phone so it's impossible to get my work to order lunch from there. I figured that they were going out of business but they've been like that for a few years now so who knows?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
There used to be a Blimpie near but but it closed and I regret never trying it.

There was an Arthur Treacher's near me that I went to right before it closed, glad I made it.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

thatguy posted:

If you live in real america (the south) then publix makes the best subs ever made

It's this

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

OctoberBlues posted:

I have a cousin who is a strict douchebag vegan and she ended up taking a job at Jimmy Johns. She couldn't understand why this made her a gigantic hypocrite. Now I think of my idiot cousin every time I eat there.

Hey, good for her. It's probably pretty tough for her, and the fact that you think she's an idiot probably isn't helping a great deal either.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

OctoberBlues posted:

I live in Denver

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Shatwag posted:

I don't give a poo poo what you think it's supposed to be called. :p

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I like Shogotz because they make a sandwich for you while another down on his luck white kid jacks you off into some other assholes sandwich and then he cleans your bumbum if it's dirty.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
salami on sourdough is extremely my poo poo

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Hey, good for her. It's probably pretty tough for her, and the fact that you think she's an idiot probably isn't helping a great deal either.

Good for her for handling and selling meat products when she is a strict vegan? If she's going to be an insufferable douche, I feel she should at least be consistent!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Chinatown posted:

salami on sourdough is extremely my poo poo
that sounds really good right now

gotta get provolone and mayo on it. though

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

that sounds really good right now

gotta get provolone and mayo on it. though

im a cheddar person, myself

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

OctoberBlues posted:

Good for her for handling and selling meat products when she is a strict vegan? If she's going to be an insufferable douche, I feel she should at least be consistent!

I'm guessing she took that job because she needed the money. Taking a job where she works with meat while still living vegan must be a terrible strain on her. What an awful, awful sentiment it is to think of her as being hypocritical just because she's doing what she has to, to survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Chinatown posted:

im a cheddar person, myself
i never really liked cheddar with salami. i feel it works better with ham.

• Locked thread