Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Incomplete Fish posted:

Jersey Mike's is fukken trash. I actually was so surprised they existed outside of this armpit state I had a look on google maps and they're apparently nation wide.

Most local sub places in New Jersey follow the "nauseating amount of processed meats and cheeses" formula. Like so:

Do yourself a favor and get a sub like that instead.
gently caress i'm hungry now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
earl of sandwich

or the one that I went to in NYC everyday in Chelsea, it was some 24 hour ethnic one, was pro-tier sub every day at any time.

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Personally, I like quiznos :ssh:

CruJones
Feb 22, 2006

by Lowtax
There's a place called Picklemans that I think only operates in Missouri and Kansas. It's good.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
whatever you get, do yourself a favour and use this

http://www.guatemala4ever.com/food/hot-sauce-maya-ik-red/

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
Subway more like SubPar but I go there all the time tbh. It's convenient. The other month I went to a Subway and right behind me who was it? It was Romeo Rose, he looked seedy and down on his luck. I wasn't sure at first until he placed his order, exact same accent. Well I went to the fridge to get a bottled drink and he scooted right up to the cashier and tried to go next. Well, I wasn't having any of that so I went in front and said that I'm waiting on the roast beef sandwich. Got home and they mixed up the orders so I got his foot long tuna with jalapeno peppers on fancy bread and macademia nut cookie. gently caress You Romeo Rose. Well that's my Subway sandwich story peace out.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Which Wich is great around Atlanta. Best BLT from a sub chain.

Although, I miss the sub shop where I used to live. They had sourdough and offered fresh fruit salad as a side.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
the one near me run by an old husband and wife that gives you massive subs and wraps for like $3 usd, imo

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

etalian posted:

Jersey Mikes big kahuna is god tier

That'll be 12 dollars plus tip for your little 4 inch nubbin of a sandwich!!! The quality is reflected in the price *wink* NO IT DOES NOT INCLUDE DRINK AND CHIPS WHAT ARE YOU loving NUTS

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
more like JERKY mikes

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Penn Station. Cheesesteak and Pizza sub victory.

Which Wich is decent enough. Firehouse is good. And Dibellas is fine.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
You know what nail up which wich too because their poo poo too pricey AND they take a long god drat time making your food

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Voting Lenny's because they're fresher than my hand down your mom's skirt

ArcticKnife
Mar 2, 2015
Quiznos, though the nearby one shut down and was replaced by my #2, Jimmy Johns. 30 min drive to the other Quiznos in town :(

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Chinatown posted:

successfully got Cheba Hut for lunch. Hot Italian with chipotle mayo 9.8/10 would smash again.

HEY!! You got that avatar I made!! Hahahahaha!!!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Panda Bear posted:

holy poo poo this thread is five pages and nobody's mentioned capriotti's?? joe biden knows what's up, capriotti's is the poo poo. every post in this thread is wrong. every single loving one.

Never heard of it. Where are you from?

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
you shouldn't eat carbs, op

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Prof. Lurker posted:

you shouldn't eat carbs, op

suck off, I'm bulking!

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
Wawa is good but Jimmy John's is better

Gimme a Big John #2 w bacon and extra mayo bub

free smells

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Kitsunegari posted:

free smells

tattoo THAT on ur butt

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Chinatown posted:

seriously tho Cheeba Hut loving rules.
I'm constantly amazed when I go to Cheeba Hut. The entire staff is always super high and that's cool with everyone, the manager included. They have a sign that basically tells you to shut up and be patient because if you rush these people they will gently caress it up. An extended Widespread Panic jam plays in the background and it will probably be done before your sandwich is. Even then, against all odds, the extremely stoned twenty-something behind the counter always manages to produce a delicious sub.

Meanwhile the almost crushingly sober middle aged manager at the Subway/Quiznos/Jimmy John's/etc. can't hand me anything more than a sad, limp thing six hours past its prime that aspires to be a sandwich and yet falls so far short.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

The French Army! posted:

I'm constantly amazed when I go to Cheeba Hut. The entire staff is always super high and that's cool with everyone, the manager included. They have a sign that basically tells you to shut up and be patient because if you rush these people they will gently caress it up. An extended Widespread Panic jam plays in the background and it will probably be done before your sandwich is. Even then, against all odds, the extremely stoned twenty-something behind the counter always manages to produce a delicious sub.

Cheeba Hut is the loving business, I rolled my eyes so goddamned hard the first time I went in until I got my loving sandwich. The food there is the fuckin' best, stoned or not.

It's probably not unusual, but the one in Boulder has a wall mural dedicated to Willie Nelson, Jerry Garcia, and Snoop Dogg. It's art.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Here is to olive oil, basil, and garlic.

Chin-chin

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I had never heard of Cheeba Hut, but apparently there is one less than a mile from me, are the prices pretty good?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
The correct answer is, of course, Nicky's Grinders. Nicky serves up, hands down, the best grinders in the world. Not only are they tasty, they provide the eater with a pure, all natural grinder high that can last, I would say minimum up to 12 hours, minimum. Lemme describe to you, what it's like to bite into one of these grinders, from Nicky's:

Your teeth penetrate the crust like miners, delving through delicious ore. And once through the top strata, they find themselves in a golden anti-chamber of horseradish, cheddar and Dijon. Like Odysseus in the land of the lotus eaters, they are in danger of tarrying too long, become entrapped by the pleasures they found. But if they press into the deeper layers, they discover a true awakening of flavor, in the form of a baked glazed honey ham, sliced thin, like spider hair, that's how thin. Your teeth undergo a transcendent enlightenment. Not unlike the apes in the beginning of 2001. They're inspired to erect, a new civilization inside the world of the grinder. A glorious cave kingdom, ruled justly, and with the largest of spirit. Unmatched by any civilization that has come before.

So, good grinders is what I'm kinda getting at.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jubs posted:

The correct answer is, of course, Nicky's Grinders.

Sounds like a bunch of effort for a bologna sanswich.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

I had never heard of Cheeba Hut, but apparently there is one less than a mile from me, are the prices pretty good?
Yeah check it out you won't be disappointed.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

ghlbtsk posted:

Schlotsky's deli, but I haven't been there in a while and nostalgia may be tainting my memory.

Are they still as good as I remember?

Yep.

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
tried Which Wich today; it was excellent. somewhat better than Jimmy John's. grinder on white with provolone, lettuce, tomato, red onion, banana peppers, oregano, pepper, oil and vinegar. capicola ham for the win. A++ would eat again

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
what should my first sub sandwich of 2016 be??

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dreezy posted:

what should my first sub sandwich of 2016 be??
from Wawa

walking around
Jul 29, 2013
i like jimmy johns because i get the #13 on wheat which is a stack of 8 slices of cheese with a ton of mayonnaise and avocado in between some of the slices and it's good to eat things like that

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.
Lots of Cheba Hut talk ITT. There's one where I'm moving to, and my friends and I had a good laugh at the obnoxious stoner theme when we looked it up recently. If it's actually good, maybe I'll make them go with me once I'm moved. What's good from there? Don't they sell Kool-Aid?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Downercut posted:

Lots of Cheba Hut talk ITT. There's one where I'm moving to, and my friends and I had a good laugh at the obnoxious stoner theme when we looked it up recently. If it's actually good, maybe I'll make them go with me once I'm moved. What's good from there? Don't they sell Kool-Aid?

I was looking at their webzone and there are lots of pot leafs and weed names for things. You can also buy things from their Munchies menu, or the Secret Stash, or the Cottonmouth Cures which is kool-aid or soda. I've never eaten there.

Is called The Chronic (BBQ Roast Beef). Putting a drizzle of BBQ sauce on your normal roast beef and calling it BBQ is pretty lame, we can all agree on that. Plus I don't like to get down with the 1/2" tomato slices.

The whole theme comes off as trying real hard. Could use some more subtlety. Still, the food looks better than most chains. Like 8.50 for a footlong (it is called a Blunt) which is decent.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Tom Gorman posted:

I was looking at their webzone and there are lots of pot leafs and weed names for things. You can also buy things from their Munchies menu, or the Secret Stash, or the Cottonmouth Cures which is kool-aid or soda. I've never eaten there.

Is called The Chronic (BBQ Roast Beef). Putting a drizzle of BBQ sauce on your normal roast beef and calling it BBQ is pretty lame, we can all agree on that. Plus I don't like to get down with the 1/2" tomato slices.

The whole theme comes off as trying real hard. Could use some more subtlety. Still, the food looks better than most chains. Like 8.50 for a footlong (it is called a Blunt) which is decent.

how high does it get you?

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

What's sprouts??

Bean sprouts

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

dreezy posted:

how high does it get you?

It is normal food ingredients that amount to a sandwich but the weed theme is for marketing

the weed store is usually across the street if you are in certain states, which is amazing and I still have a difficult time wrapping my head around how great it is. but otherwise it is just a sandwich you are buying.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Unsurprisigly goons have bad taste in yet another thing

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I always loved the Blimpie Best but I think all the Blimpies closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Whoa, Blimpie does still exist and they have a different logo, weird.

• Locked thread